Draft buzz: Bills unlikely to trade for Giants' No. 2 pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by forevercursed, Apr 23, 2018.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Keep your hands off our QB Zubaz punks. Go do a line and fall through a table. You have Peterman.
    • By Chris Wesseling
    • Around the NFL Writer
    • Published: April 23, 2018 at 04:32 p.m.
    • Updated: April 23, 2018 at 05:39 p.m
    Ever since the Jets positioned themselves to land a quarterback with a bold move up to the No. 3 spot, the draft spotlight has shifted to Buffalo.

Will the Bills cash in their stockpile of picks by trading up to select a quarterback with one of the draft's top 10 picks for the first time in franchise history?

Appearing on Monday's edition of Good Morning Football, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport cautioned not to read too much into Bills GM Brandon Beane's history with new Giants boss Dave Gettleman.

"From what I understand, it's not going to be one of those things where they just sell out and (trade) all the way to No. 2 with the Giants," Rapoport said. "I would be at this moment surprised if that happens."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-bills-unlikely-to-trade-for-giants-no-2-pick

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

It's almost inevitable that they trade up into the top 10 and possibly the 4 spot.

3. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Let them. As long as it's not 2. Let them take Allen and he'll have a 70% completion percentage throwing to the mezzanine of Rich Stadium (or whatever they call that unflushed toilet these days)

#3 forevercursed, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

We'll prolly get a visit from that Zubaz pants wearing fuckwit Fizzcoh talkin shit about his new QB Mason Rudolph

5. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Giants don't want to drop to 12 and I can't blame them, Bills will need to aim for 6 and then go from there

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Too many needs for the Giants. Barkley, Chubb or Allen at 2. Bills can't afford to pop up to #2

7. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I can see them loving Lamar Jackson

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I can't see the Giants giving up such a premium pick that they get so rarely. Maybe the Bills can get to 5 with the Broncos, but even that's sketchy.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Who cares...I've airways worked under the assumption 2 QBs off the Board by our pick anyway..take the best QB

We are not at #2 ...where we SHOULD Be..because of more MEANINGLESS wins McCown and Bowles provided last season...grrrrrrrr

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. All of the Giants possible trade partners are down in the teens. The Giants won't go back that far. They have their eyes set on 3 elite players (Chubb, Barkley, Nelson). They won't go lower than 6. The Bills could move to the 5 or 6, but I don't see them moving to the #2 after. They have to give up way too much.

The Bills could wait at 5 and still get a QB or stand pat at #12 and use all of their picks to beef up the team and still end up with Allen or Jackson at 12 or 22. It's not the end of the world for them to not trade up, although it would be funny to see.