Don't you dare think about Geno starting...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 27, 2015.

1. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Br4d and Hugogo like this.
  2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Indeed it is a team sport.

Then why wasn't Geno Smith available to even play ONE STINKING DOWN for his team this pre-season, and this going into his "3rd season" the supposedly make it or break it year?

Why? Geno Smith, "team player."

Penis cyber pix, missing meetings (with a pathetic "time zone" excuse), the IK incident…….if there's one constant in his game, it's been him letting the "team" down.

3. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Wow, one bad game after two wins no you're down on the team? I thought the team looked pretty crappy today, but we were missing one of a best DLmen, one of our best wideouts, our best RB, and Bilal Powell was banged up as well. Not to mention we don't really know if Cromartie has ny lingering effects from his nasty knee injury a couple weeks ago. Put that together with some substandard play and a damn fine game by a desperate Eagles team and we lose. However, I don't feel the need to raise the white flag. In fact, this team hasn't even gelled into its new system yet, so I would expect some hiccups and even some losses as the team finally comes together.

4. mute

mute Well-Known Member

It's because we have no qb again.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

5. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know if I can fairly evaluate myself, but based on this rundown my mom gave me I think she understands how football works:

1. Get the ball.
    2. Go forward.
    3. Do NOT go backward.
    4. If the opponent has the ball then get it back.
    5. If you can't get the ball back then stop your opponent from going forward.
    6. When you run into those special areas at the end of the field apparently you're supposed to turn into an asshole.

I think my mom should go into coaching.....

joe, PulseJet, TNJet and 1 other person like this.
  6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

not to mention the time zone difference.

7. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Jet fans are the worst. One game and they are pulling the ripcord. I took some positives from the game. Leonard Williams got to the QB. Devin Smith got instant respect from the corners. If the Jets want to they can throw underneath to him all the time, once he figures out what he is doing. Those CBs were turning and sprinting upfield immediately. Marshall owned up to his idiocy,which I liked, and is a great player regardless of yesterday. The Jet D zeroed the Eagles in the second half, giving them a chance to come back. The bad? Special teams with an awful effort on a perfect punt? Protection not great. Ryan Matthews got a hundred. And maybe Bowles defensive game plan was not aggressive enough in the first half. Next week we face a Miami team who will be just as desperate as the Eagles were today. But I think they stink and I think we will be better prepared. The only X factor is this London thing.

jco2007, Jetsfansince95 and Br4d like this.
  8. NYJETS4life24

NYJETS4life24 Active Member

I think we consider starting Geno if we lose to the Dolphins and Fitz has a horrible game. But todays game was not Fitz fault. Never good when you have to try to dig yourself out of a 24-0 hole. Run was non existent at that point. Missing our starting RB, 2nd and 3rd WR. Marshall didnt help the cause with a few mistakes. It was a team loss and besides Cromartie, Revis, Pryor I didn't see anyone really play that well.

I wanted Murray to play because we stop his running style much better then a quicker, faster and more agile guy like Mathews and sproles. We were lucky they had a couple huge drops that would have been big plays against us.

Oh well its just one game and if we were to lose one of our first 4 games this was the one to lose because it was an NFC opponent. We just have to leave London with a W and go into the bye week 3-1 and get healthy. Come out with our guys healthy and also get to add possibly the best player on this team in Sheldon. We need him badly in the run game, pass rush and to take some double teams away from MO. We need his high energy, motor and competitiveness. Excited to see this defense with him playing.

J-E-T-S! JETS!! JETS!!! JETS!!!!!

9. Gunther

Gunther Member

There are two other teams in our division and their QBs are putting up some serious numbers. Game management means loser in this division. Geno is our best shot at making the playoffs. Brady is on a mission, so every other team is playing for second place. Either we understand what we are dealing with, and take action, or we can only hope for third place.

FJF likes this.
  10. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

Poeman right on. Glad you started this thread. Do not even go there about the Geno Smith thing. Personally I think him being on the sideline is just bad all around.

Poeman likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

This. 1000% on the money.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  12. Hitsomeone

Hitsomeone Active Member

LMAO.
    Yes and make sure he doesn't get a rental, please! or he'll cause a fucking car wreck and break the other jaw bone, man.

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

The biggest difference that I see is the Dolphins have quit on their coach. As bad as the Eagles were week 2, I didn't think they had quit playing for Chip. It's not going to be an easy game by any stretch, because division game are always tough, but I like the Jets chance better this week than I did against the Eagles.

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

I think we should put Geno in there, Fitz has been with six teams in ten years, you know what he is, and I don't think the rest of this team is as dominant as we once thought. The defense was terrible against Chip Kelly in the first half and dominated. This is the same offense that was ranked near dead last the week before.

Bottom line is our defense, o-line, and special teams, all have flaws, major flaws and they won't be winning us games alone. So a game manager "don't fuck this up" QB like Fitz will at best get us 5-7 wins over garbage opponents. I would rather see what we have in Geno. The Eagles are terrible, and they basically won that game walking away until they tried to run the clock down and played a prevent defense.

15. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

Yes, Perhaps. And the Jets will comne into this game with a harder edge after a loss. I can almost guarantee it.

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Fitz shouldn't lose his job after just one bad game, give him an opportunity to redeem himself. If he plays poorly against the Dolphins (depending on how poorly) you evaluate during the bye week, if it were me I start Fitz against Washington but I'd give Geno some 1st team reps and if Fitz plays poorly in that game I make a switch at the half.

17. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

It wasn't really his job to begin with, he's the backup, Geno outplayed him all of spring training and won the position. I just know what we'll be with Fitz behind center, I have no idea what we'll be with Geno, can he keep the momentum he had last year and through spring training going? Probably not, but if we're not going to find out then he should just be cut after the season and we draft another QB.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

These are all good points.

The reason I'm down on Geno at this point is that he hasn't shown the awareness and reaction time to throw the ball at NFL defenses without making major mistakes in the process.

At WVU the offense was a quick-hitting offense in which Geno really only had to make one read most of the time before he let the ball go. His throws were predetermined a large part of the time. That just doesn't work in the NFL because defenses are too good at reading the offense to let predetermined targets rule the day. You have to be able to look at all your options and you have to be able to make quick decisions when an opportunity presents itself. So far Geno hasn't demonstrated either of those abilities under pressure.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Geno's on a cheap rookie contract through 2016. I doubt the Jets will cut him before then because he's a backup that could potentially keep the job if the starter went down. This is assuming that Fitzpatrick manages to hold the job for awhile.

There's no reason to cut Geno until you know who his successor is. Once that happens then you might let him go for nothing.

20. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Geno lost his job, and while the saying is you don't lose your job to injury that only holds true when we're discussing franchise QB's, not unproven players like Geno. He has to work to earn the job back and if/when he gets it back he needs to make sure he does what it takes to keep it. With that said Geno is young and has shown flashes so we should see what we have in him with better talent and a system that fits his skillset in year 3.