Dolphins @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Sep 17, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I stopped reading at this point ;)

Cman68 likes this.
  2. Phins_4_Ever

Phins_4_Ever Member

We can definitely toss the Dolphins win into the category "should not have won" but this is football. We have lost many games due to a missed FG over the years but a loss is a loss and in our case "a win is a win".
    We also should not forget a couple other things:
    - making a 54-yarder to get the lead in the first place is not a gimme either
    - Dolphins were on the road for 11 days. They left before Irma.
    - most importantly the Dolphins played their first regular season game against a team who already had a game under the belt. That early in the season it is definitely of a disadvantage when your starters take the field for the first time since the 3rd preseason game.

The difference of game experience was evident in the 1st half.

Having said all that it is a division game between to rivals so all the bets are off.
    It probably will be a close game in the first half while our O still gets in sync. But like last year the Dolphins probably will pull away in the 2nd half.

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

I'll be at the game.

Not looking forward to anything but my tailgate with my dad. I don't even want to go inside because I know all those loser Dolphins fans will be out in full force.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Only if it comes attached to the #1 pick though.

This is the first time in 47 years of rooting for the Jets that I'd not only be ok with a loss to the Fins but I'm sorta hoping the Jets lose.

Both Fins games are dangerous to the tank because the teams have historically made each other miserable with upsets in the past. This year the Jets could make everybody miserable with an upset or two.

Cman68 and Brook! like this.
  5. twown

twown Well-Known Member

So many terrible teams. Just when we're trying to tank.

There are going to be a slew of teams with 9+ wins going into the final weeks after feasting on all this garbage. Should be a wild playoff race.

Cman68, The Dark Knight and Brook! like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thanks and please post more. About the Jets, I think our defense will not be able to stop Ajayi, Landry and Parker. And Cutler always wins against the Jets. I say have no fear. Also, as a Jet fan, I embrace the suck this year. Every lost game this season is getting us closer to the top pick.

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Jets fan, I cannot bring myself to root for them to lose, but I don't want them to win either, so No Man's Land. And if losing embarrasses Bowels, Macc, and Woody, and leads to all of them being gotten rid of, it's a price I'm willing to pay. The only thing I'm looking for this season is to see if anyone can improve and be worth building upon, and so far I've seen very little of that. It's going to be a very long season.

Cman68, KurtTheJetsFan and K'OB like this.
  8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Not just picks - pick sixes. Unlike some others here, I see no reason to expect anything from the Jets 30th-ranked offense, even if the defense gives them decent field position because of turnovers.

Certainly possible for Cutler to be so bad that he gives the game away to the Jets, but I don't expect it.

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

The kid will be fine. By the time he grows up, Namath will pay the piper and all will be good in Jets land

Cman68 likes this.
  10. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

This season "good luck" means "lose".
    So your 28-17 will work just fine

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The only reason Geno carved up your defense was because Courtland Finnegam was playing defense on one leg and whoever was the HC kept on trotting him out there.

This is not a couple of years ago, this situation is different, the Fins have more talent than the jets this year.

There are a couple of things going for the jets, Cutler is inconsistent, the jets oline is getting better every week and ASJ is coming back giving Mcown another weapon and it's a road game, they are tough to win in the NFL.

I still believe jets lose....31-20

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Mo has a sore shoulder. He must have hurt it on that one play he tried last week. Poor guy.

No one is really talking about the return of Austin Sefarian-Jenkins this week, but I think him and Tye is actually a pretty good #1/#2 TE combo for the Jets. Hopefully they get used properly during the season.

I really don't think Miami is that good, but I keep forgetting how truly bad the Jets are too. I am still sticking with my Jets pick for now though. :)

13. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

After spending almost 50 years getting pissed off when the Jets lost, it will be kind of weird getting pissed off if they win.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I'm Scott dierking and I approve of this message.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

December 14, 2014 - Jets vs. Titans.. Record at the time: 2-11.
    We just had to win this game for the sake of Rex's pride. He knew he wasn't gonna be around so he wanted to end his Jet HC stint on a high note. We won this game 16-11 and went on to be 3-11. We also sabotaged our chances at a top 3 pick but we won the game. yay

December 28, 2014 - Jets vs Dolphins.. Record at the time: 3-12.
    We just had to win this game since it was the Dolphins and Lord knows nothing is more important than beating them. Rex was so proud of his boyz as we won this game 37-24. This win eliminated us from the FQB race completely and as it turns out, we went from a top 2 contender to a #6 pick. good win? I think history has already answered the question.

2015 Draft results:
    Drafting 1st, the Bucs take Jameis Winston
    Drafting 2nd, the Titans take Marcus Mariota
    Drafting 6th, the Jets take Leo Williams.

2017 Rosters:
    Bucs: Jameis Winston QB
    Titans: Marcus Mariota QB
    Jets: Josh McClown QB

Moral of the story: Sometimes you can win a battle, but lose the war...

#95 Cman68, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  16. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

As a STH holder, first game of season is always exciting. Whoever is in the stadium, lets get loud and get a W!!!

CONN-JET.2.0.3. likes this.
  17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Well, according to Bowles, ASJ is not in game shape after a 2 week suspension. Smokescreen or concern?

18. K'OB

WTF can he had done to himself for two weeks solid ? Is he really going to ahve worked hard through training camp, losing a shit load of pounds only to then eat for 24/7 or whatever to become out of shape.

During these suspensions are they not allowed to to train at the club ? Are they cast out in disgrace ? If that is the case I wonder what size Elliott will be when he finally sits his 6 match ban, he already looks like he is hiding a porker chin under that beard of his :D

19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He's struggled with substance abuse - alcohol - which is why we got him "cheap", and why we're holding out breath with him. I sure hope he didn't decide to pick up again.

20. K'OB

I knew about his alcoholic problems but surely even Blow hard would be a little more honest about that, rather than the ambiguous he isn't in good shape line, fuck he was in great shape two weeks ago, surely to god even if he had poured beer into him for 7 of the 14 days it would barely make a dent in your shape ffs