Dolphins Back Off Culpepper Trade Talk...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JHTJ, Feb 24, 2006.

1. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

My mistake. The question wasn't intended to be as simple as posed. I took into consideration the Jets cap situation and the fact that a "Bargain Basement deal" for a QB like Culpepper could still be very well within your reach financially. That, the other Starter Quality QB's available this season, and the risk of Culpepper's Injury were meant to create some thought.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I wouldn't take him if he came free. he is nothing but a choker, if we are starting over then let's draft a QB.

If you knew half as much as I do I'd be impressed but it doesnt' appear that way. it's misinformed folks like you who believe everything the media tells them instead of forming your own opinions. He's a fantasy QB- nothing more. W/ pressure on he turns into Kyle mackey.

For all the daunte lovers- what exactly has he done in his career besides put up maningless fantasy #s? Playing in a weak div and conf he has made the playoffs TWICE and was doing so w/ some of the best collection of offensive talent the game has ever seen. He loses Moss and he looks like a bad HS QB before he got hurt last year. He's not a winner, he's the most overrated player in the game.

3. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Same age as Pennington, same playoff record, went further in the playoffs than Pennington, lost both playoff games on the road to the teams that went on to the SB. Lead the league in passing yards, second in TD's, second in adjusted yards per pass one year, 39 TD and 11 INT on a team with no running attack.

Collins with much more O talent around him than Culpepper sucked, Payton Manning with much more offensive talent around him than Culpepper never went further than Culpepper. Both times his team lost in the playoffs they were the underdog on the road. He carried one of the worst defensive teams in football with no running attack to the playoffs in 04 and a playoff win.

Great arm, great size, played for a coach with a history of choking and another coach who couldn't get a job when the league had a ton of openings. In 04 had one of the greatest QB years in the history of the NFL.

He sucks Junc.

4. nyjunc

Went further in a MUCH weaker conference. Chad has started for almost 2 full seasons and 2 parts of others and the 2 almost full seasons in a much tougher div and conf he has led the Jets to the div rd while Daunte has started 5 full years and led Minny to the playoffs twice in a pathetic div and conf. Daunte also had a 13 rating against a medicore giant team in the NFC Title game despite having Moss, Carter and Smith around him.

he has always had a good running game he just hasn't had a feature back since Smith but they have always run it well.

You are saying last year Collins had more talent around him then Daunte when Moss was in Minny? You are absolutley nuts, it's not even close.

Peyton is also a choker and has had amazing talent around him but I don't think he's ever had Moss, Carter and Smith around him and again Peyton plays in a MUCH tougher conference and at least gets his tam to the playoffs every year.

Actually the weak NFC carried him to the playoffs. He was on his way to choking away another playoff spot in '04(just like he did in '03 when he choked away the Ari game and a playoff spot) by leading his team to 10 pts at Wash in the competitive portion of the game but luckily the NFC was so dreadful they took not 1 but TWO 8-8 teams and in the playoff she played a dreadful Packer team then against a histroically choking Philly team they were never in the game.

He had one of the greatest FANTASY years, going 8-8 is not a great year. He is 100% fantasy QB, w/ pressure on him and the team he chokes every time. He is not close to being a great QB and we saw what he was doing w/o Moss this year.

The bottom line, 5 years as a starter w/ some of the best talent EVER assmebled around him he had 2 playoff years(1 at 8-8) in a pathetic division and conference. That is NOT a great QB.

5. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

So the fact that Culpeper actual won the starting job and Pennington couldn't beat out a washed up Vinny makes Penny better.:rofl:

6. Mexican Buc

Mexican Buc Well-Known Member

I've always thought Pep was overrated, which is easy when you have Moss. Now he had his first and worst season with out Randy.

I wouldn't like to see him go anywhere. I, as a miamian, would perfer Brees here- injury concern and all.

7. nyjunc

A washed up Vinny had the highest win % by far of any Jets starting QB through 2001. In 3 years as starting QB he already had as many winning seasons as Namatah did in his entire career so say he was washed up but he was winning games which is more important and back to the my point in this thread. I don't care how pretty it is as long as you win and daunte has put up great individial #s but when it comes to wins he's way down the totem pole and that's why he is not great.