Dolphins Back Off Culpepper Trade Talk...

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JHTJ, Feb 24, 2006.

1. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

If Culpepper is released into a QB market saturated with Guys like Aaron Brooks, Kitna, McNair, Ramsey, Pennington, and Brees, not to mention his injury - he may be forced to sign a VERY bargain basment deal.

Depending on the deal, how many would be interested?

For the record, I really don't want anything to do with Culpepper. I'm on the Brees Bandwagon like a leather couch on Sunday.

2. GreenMachine

Maybe Saban can't deal with weed/steroids/and partying???

Go with the the MOLE...

3. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I'm just as educated on the game as any poster on this board, yet I can't start a thread or contribute to one without being given a hard time for my alliegences...

Tis a sad day when one sports fan can't be treated as equal when outside of the Trashtalking forum.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Miami PLEASE get Culpepper. Give up a 1 and pay him alot of $ so he can go down there and choke for you like he hs for Minny during his career.

5. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

This is good news for the Jets as a healthy Culpepper on the Dolphins would likely mean another powerhouse to contend with in the division.

6. nyjunc

:rofl2: :rofl2: :lol:

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

Hopefully they don't go after Dilfer though. Then the Jets would really be in trouble right junc?

8. lightning

lightning Active Member

Weak, is this complaining?

Anyway, i say brees as well if he can come back healthy, culpeppers rehab is scheduled to take even longer, which is kinda wierd considering it wasn't his arm.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

Culpepper to be released? News to me.

10. nyjunc

I'd be more afraid of Miami w/ Frerotte, Rosenfels or Dilfer than Culpepper. Culpepper just fits in w/ the choking history of the team. I hope Miami gets him.

11. 3rdAnd15Draw

:rolleyes:

12. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Duante isnt getting a ringing endorsement from Childress.

Asked if he would consider releasing Daunte Culpepper, coach Brad Childress said "you never say never."
    In a surprisingly revealing press conference, Childress said the phone has been ringing both ways in regards to Culpepper. He said his focus is getting Culpepper healthy, but didn't hide the fact the Vikings are considering all their options. Feb. 24 - 3:09 pm

13. lightning

lightning Active Member

yea but you had to listen to the whole interview, he did a very good job not really saying much

14. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

Everyone here is missing the Question posed. If Culpepper was coming very cheap, how many of you would be interested in the JETS making a run for him??

15. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Who wouldn't want a decent, starting QB for a very cheap price? It's a stupid question to ask, really...

16. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Dumbest poster on the board...

17. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

That all depends on how you look at the question. How cheap could he really get? Will he ever return to his normal playing condition? Would you rather have him over guys like Ramsey and Brees. Those are conditions that should be considered before you make an intelligent decision.

The Question is as stupid as you make it, as demonstrated in your previous post.

18. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

I hope this is nothing more than an exaggeration to make a point, that I think most disagree with.

19. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

I wouldn't mind him or Brees challenging Bolly for the job at a minimum wage if we can't get Vince Young. If we draft cutler then Brees/Culpepper can challenge Cutler for the job. Brees would be my preferred choice over Culpepper... especially since he's probably more likely to take less money then Culpepper.

20. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I'm tired, so I'm probably missing your point.

You're asking us:
    How cheap could he really get?
    ...So, my reply is that if any decent, starting QB could be signed for a "VERY bargain basement deal", then why the hell wouldn't any team sign him? Even if you don't want him as a starter, he can at least be a serviceable backup. Who cares about the chances of him returning to his normal playing condition...for a cheap contract, it's low risk, high reward gamble.

Seeing how I may have hurt your feelings with that "stupid" comment, I'll re-word it: It's a question with a really, really obvious answer to ask, really.