Does Darnold give you the confidence that he is the Savior of Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 15, 2019.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I mean it’s a discussion board. Keyword being discussion. If the point were to just state an opinion then never converse about it it would be called a bulletin board....

If only someone had something to point to that says Allen has ever been a good thrower.... still waiting.

No no, finish. Based on what? Because you’re gonna say based on his first year when in reality this entire time I’ve been saying his entire football career. He wasn’t a good passer ever. He’s never been anything more than a huge arm and a set of legs.

Again, for maybe the fifth time now I’ll ask, what can you point to that leads you to believe he can be a good thrower and not just a good runner?

Noam likes this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Give it a fucking rest man, you are answering your own questions with this last reply lol it isn't a discussion when all you are interested in his your own opinion.

No, I wasn't going to say anything I was making it up just to say FFS I'm out as you would come back and then come back and then come back some more, again this is the bulldog thing I talked about 30 posts back :rolleyes:

You were the same in the Allen thread with another poster, I knew when I replied to the first post I was making a rod for my own back and here we are, the fact you jumped into the discussion with an "i hope nobody is comparing Allen to Darnald" when the fact nobody was in the slightest is the best part about it all, in fact, it renders most of the last day and a half a waste of time as you needn't have bothered posting to begin with lol

Btw when will you stop slating Allen, if I or another post kept on saying he isn't trash will you keep your end of the discussion going for 3 or 4 pages maybe more?

I couldn't be any clearer I don't care about him, I don't want him at the Jets, I didn't want him at the Jets but he is not trash and that was the point of the discussion with Penny and the Jets before you rocked up to take over the thread.

I already answered your question, take a look at his highlights video, seemed plenty of legit throws in there for a ROOKIE.

We know you don't like him so you can desist from telling us all again, in fact, you are nearly as bad as Solid Gold Bowles with Mayfield but I think I already said that further up tbh.

Cya :rolleyes:

3. BroadwayAaron

I don’t understand the dramatics here man. I didn’t really think of you as one of these kind of posters so I’m kind of confused.

Just look at this response, you spent maybe two sentences talking about football and the rest is talking about me. Even in my previous posts I flat out said I’m ignoring the dramatic personal stuff and going straight to football. This seems a whole lot more like you having some sort of issue with me over you actually having a football opinion.

Now that we moved past theater class, you can’t expect me to say “oh let me go check out his highlight video“ because a highlight video only gives you the best plays. You can go look at Rosen‘s highlight video, but I’m not expecting you to come back saying “you know what, this guy is going to be a player”.

The only other attempt at a football discussion that I’ve seen is telling me that talent evaluators far more important than me, which I’m not arguing, seemed to think that Alan was worth trading up for and see something in him. Well you can turn around and say the exact same thing about Rosian. Talon evaluators far better at this than you and I thought it was worth trading up for Josh Rosen. So again it’s kind of hard for me to except that as a reason Josh Allen is going to be good.

Really all I want is some football reasons as to why anyone believes Josh Allen is going to be a good thrower. Give me literally any point in his collegiate or pro career that inspired any kind of confidence.

4. K'OB

This is turning into a shit show.
    Bold 1, I'm sorry just where did you say this? I don't have an issue with you other than you are like a dog with a bone and won't give it up,

Bold 2 you keep repeating yourself, you have been answered either directly or indirectly, do you really expect me to go and drag up all the video footage of a QB I have already told you I am not that interested in, other than to think it wrong to call him trash, it is this last point that is the conversation, the conversation I was having with Penny the jet, now yes you are welcome to join in as is your wont due to it being a message board, no problem with that, you then call him out as not a legitimate threat or word to that effect, another poster joins in and gives you a game where he only went and put up 5 TD's but that wasn't proof enough, you then change tack a little or fine tune your issue to his throwing, I then say if he was only getting 50% accuracy but scoring td's with the completed throws or running in td's then he isn't trash, which once again was my only point to begin with, Rosen was an incidental casualty in the original comaprison of him being ranked third to Allen's 6th by Penny and the Jets.

Bold 3 Again this is in response to you just repeating your opinion about his arm or his accuracy, your opinion, not the scout for the Bills, not the guy who then pulled the trigger and drafted him, again Rosen isn't really part of the conversation as such, just a side note that people are willing to give him some benefit of the doubt but still call Allen trash or yourself sayin g he is not a legitimate thrower.

Bold 4 Again as a casual observer of a QB that I couldn't give a fuck about, I am not going to go searching his collegiate tapes to find some good throws or not good throws to prove or disapprove the fact I don't think he is trash, the video highlights are there for all to see, they will be all good stuff and not show the crap because "highlights" these are the things you are asking to see though right? Proof that he can make a throw, you generally find these good throws on a highlight reel.

As a final aside, you could make a real horror video of Darnalds season if you only took his fuck ups, the same with any QB, I couldn't persuade you that Allen will be a legitimate QB in a million years and that is why I said hours ago it would be pointless as you will never agree, just like SGB would never ever admit that Mayfield was a good QB, even during the season when he was obviously putting it together for the Browns.

You are right I am not this kind of poster whatever that means, I have tried to answer the posts on a post by post basis and truthfully as best I can.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah. I didn't watch as many Arizona games as I did Jets, Bills, Browns games but yea when I saw Rosen, I saw a guy verrrrry slow to process things. In the link that 101 provided, all the rookies' interceptions thrown, almost all of Rosen's were thrown across the middle or passes he thrown too late
    https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/as6659/every_interception_by_mayfield_darnold_allen_and/

neither of those things are good. Those are deficiencies familiar to Jets fans- Geno Smith, Mark Sanchez, etc.

---

Allen was obviously better than Rosen year 1. And he's not "trash." Idk what he will become. I hope he never develops any consistent accuracy. His athleticism does scare me in the coming years. When they cut Kelvin Benjamin it was for a reason. Allen's QB rating on passes targeting Benjamin was atrocious they were forcing it in to a guy who doesn't get separation too much. They cut Benjamin and Allen was playing with a bunch of no namers and guys off the street down the stretch and he looked like a different guy. I'd venture to say the broadway kid posting here didn't watch any of Allen's game

6. BroadwayAaron

I don't have the energy for this anymore so I'll skim the surface.

1. I said right when you started with the "bulldog" dramatics that I was just going to pass it on by, which I did.

2. Bringing up the 5 TD game hurts your argument as much as it helps. That means in the other 5 games after his return from injury he had 5 TDs, 6 picks and 4 fumbles while completing under 50% of his passes. You're basically admitting that the week 17 game against the Dolphins was an outlier.

3. It's not my opinion about his accuracy, it's stone cold fact. They are available for all to see. Saying "well a scout sees something in him" is a terrible argument because scouts also saw something in Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty. The same scouts that saw something in Allen saw something in Nathan Peterman. So... that kinda speaks for itself.

4. I'm not asking to see highlight throws. I'm asking to see sustained proof that Allen can be a good passer in the NFL. He didn't do it in college and he didn't do it in year 1.

7. K'OB

And on and on and on you go.

Point out a single post that I said he had good accuracy, please do so.

I said if he passes at 50% and still gets td's will it matter, nope it won't to the Bills fans I'd say.

Oh here comes Peterman lol

Wow, I just didn't realise you were that kind of poster, secretly I did tbh as like i said I read your same row as this in the other thread and knew it was a risky subject to dare mention.

Woof woof woof, put the fucking bone down and walk away. :rolleyes:

You may as well as you never read or take in anything anybody else says and tbh who actually cares.

8. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Uh oh.....Season tickets?I would wait until next year if I were you.This season could end up being a train wreck.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I know. But really I want to watch 5 games live this year and I don't want to overpay since the opposing fans probably will flock to Metlife. Games I want to watch for sure are Pats, Giants, Cowboys, Steelers and Browns(Mayfield)

10. BroadwayAaron

You do more whining about me than anything. I can’t help that you have nothing to point at besides “look at his highlights” and “Bills scouts thought he was good so he must be good”.

You know what, that’s an impenetrable defense. Water tight argument that has no holes. I might as well give it up because I have no case. We can officially declare this one over and you got the W. Now we can move on.

11. K'OB

Is it a court of law and we now need an impenetrable defence to think that Allen is not trash, an interesting premise for a forum, it isn't about the "Win" it is about somebody being allowed an opinion without having an expert like yourself just keep battering them down, with their own opinion laid down as FACT, I mean you again come at it with your snidey "I can’t help that you have nothing to point at besides" line, what other way is there to see him do the throws that you say he can't do bar look at the highlights reel, that shows him making these throws, would you like me to get my oils out and do a quick series cartoon style of him in action.

Of course, if you watched full games you would see him make errors, he is a rookie, Sam made plenty of errors but we forgive those because he is a rookie but then again I have said over and over that Sam is better, Mayfield is better, just that Allen obviously does have something in his locker, mostly with his feet but he can throw a football whether you like it or not.
    The fact of the matter is and something you seem to be struggling with in this erm discussion is that not everybody thinks he is trash, it isn't a difficult concept to take on board, it really didn't need to go down a 55 post route either, you are very entitled to think he is shit and will never make an NFL QB but when somebody posts he isn't trash you don't need to keep asking them to prove things over and over again.

12. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I have to say I’m impressed with the Josh Allen loyalty.

Pre-draft Allen fans (who all watched the tape!) were arguing who was better Allen or Mayfield.

Well since that’s obviously off the table, they shifted gears and during the season said Allen is as good as Darnold... but that’s obviously not true... so now he’s better than Rosen...

Next will be Jackson, then Rudolph...
    And then out of the league.

Accuracy has and always will be an issue for Allen. You can mask it temporarily with running, but long term that doesn’t work. At one time a lot of people thought Tim Tebow could become a more accurate qb and with his athleticism (running) have long term success in the NFL.

In 2011, Tebow had 18 tds - 6 ints if you count rushing...

Let’s all just be happy we have Darnold.

Noam likes this.
  13. K'OB

Did you actually read any of the posts?

As you seem to have made up all lot of stuff in that post, feel free to go back and reread them, I am replying as there was only me and another lad saying anything positive about Allen and I know I said several times I would not have him at the Jets but going off current season he had performed better than Rosen.

I really do wonder why people come onto a thread and post as you have here, it defies belief that you could have followed the thread and then posted what you did.

Just to help you along we said he was not trash, it is hardly a ringing endorsement of loyalty is it?

14. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Sorry if you took offense + if I confused you with an Allen fan. I mean you did post an Allen highlight video, go on to say it’s absurd to rank Rosen above him, then added that people down on Allen is bordering on hatred + Browningnagle and BacktoQueens also go on to support Allen here + vs Rosen.

Not sure what to say except I think Rosen will be a quality starter in time, while Allen will be out of the league due to lack of accuracy.

We’ll see...

15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Well said. This Josh Allen anti-Mayfield Disease (JAMD) is a serious long term sickness that seems to still be causing their victims to be acting irrationally. I hope they find a cure. I feel like we are just finally getting over the plague that caused so many people here to post so much ridiculous delusional irrational praise about Sackchez. I hope this Allen thing does not last as long.

16. villano5

villano5 New Member

I think Sam will be at least a top 5 quarterback in this league. But if he wants up being one notch below that I would still be happy. One day Jets had Chad Pennington we were like slightly above-average team. And we were relevant every year. But he could not get us over the hump. I was one of the fans that wanted him out of town. In retrospect after all these losing years I was wrong. I would take a Chad Pennington level quarterback all day long.

17. As far as im concerned the Allen haters have no credibility & therefore their opinion should be treated as such bc its literally the same misguided proclamations we heard before last draft popping up now.

You all talked like he literally had no business even on an NFL roster & his accuracy was so piss poor it was basically non functional.But there he was actually completing balls & dare i say making some big time plays for a bad Buffalo team.

I saw some things this past season i really liked & some things that caused me pause..SURPRISE none of it has anything to do w this fabled grade school ball placement.Like all the others from this class he has his own tree of his throws he executes well & those he does not.

If you guys are gonna write him off i think theres some arguments to support that..him being hazardously inaccurate & similar retorts arent among them.Try harder.

K'OB likes this.
  18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I have a pretty high level of confidence that Darnold will give us everything we need from the quarterback position for 15 years or more. There are no guarantees, but I really do think he is going to be a great QB.

K'OB likes this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Top 5? So better than no more than four of Mahomes, Mayfield, Watson, Goff, Wentz, Wilson, Luck, Rodgers, Trubisky, Allen, Rosen, Jackson, Prescott, Newton, Ryan, Stafford, Garoppolo, anyone else who I forgot, and whoever comes into the league in the future (Murray, Haskins, Lock, Tagavailoa, Herbert, Fromm, Lawrence) to replace Brady, Brees, Roethlisberger, and Rivers? Anything's possible but that's an awfully high bar.

20. K'OB

It started with a misconfusion over somebodies rankings tbh he had them listed 1-6 with Rosen 3rd and Allen in 6th and I was just saying at least Allen had achieved something, whereas Rosen just looked awful in the games I saw, it kind of degenerated from there onwards lol

I thought there was only two us saying he wasn't trash, but must have confused them together as they both start with B :)

ps no offence taken btw :)