Do you think Mac is superior to McCloughan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mainejet, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Do you think Woody is smarter than Dan Snyder? Do you think Blowes is a better HC than Jay Gruden?

Because you must if you really think the Redskins brain trust does not know what they have in Cousins. You must think those guys suck and don't know wth they're doing with the next Joe Montana?

It needs to be made clear to EVERYONE certain constants in the NFL. NO WAY would the Redskins decide not to sign Cousins if they believed he was the real deal. They would have broken and given him what he wants. They're not a bunch of fucking idiots that would simply pass up the opportunity to lock up a FQB long term.

Objectively speaking, I doubt very seriously that Mac is a better drafter than McCloughan. If anything he's probably inferior? Remember this team is less talented 3 years into this perceived genius than before he got started. Blowes I have no trouble saying is infinitely WORSE than Gruden. Many posters here rate him a smidge better than Kotite.

So do you REALLY think Cousins is Joe Montana, Blowes is Parcells, Mac is AJ Smith, the Jets will steal Cousins away from the 3 stooges in DC, Mac will get Cousins to sign for 5 million dollars a season and he will draft 1st ballot HOF's and the Jets will immediately rise to world beaters?

I think the guy is Neil O'Donnell part Deux. Signing him will insure the Jets remain irrelevant for a long time to come. It will be the beginning of the end for this front office and eventually they will come to be known as just 2 other bumbling dingbats that Woody hired.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

He ain't the drunk that McCloghan is. You gotta give him that.

P.S. Cousins shouldn't be touched with a 10-foot pole. I agree with you there.

legler82 likes this.
  3. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

4. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

McCloughan didn't do much in Washington but that may be on Bruce Allen getting in the way.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

yes woody is better than snyder. bowles may not be as good as gruden but gruden is getting by on a last name and is not that good. if good at all

yes they are a bunch of idiots, the smith contract confirms it

and no, we did not need another thread for this, it would have fit nicely in 10 other threads all being dragged into the same subject.

6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What more proof do you need to see to think Snyder is a buffoon?

I believe Sean McVay is an offensive savant and he gushes about Cousins, like serious man crush gushing.

I trust his evaluation over any no nothing Jets fan on TGG.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

McCloughan is superior to Mac at being an alcoholic FWIW. As for the football side of things, it's hard to tell. I prefer to draft our FQB over signing Cousins, but understand the logic of signing Kirk and filling the holes on the roster through the draft an free agency.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

By this logic, no free agent is ever worth signing because if they were their previous team would have done so.

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  9. Mainejet

Completely, 100% FALSE. Free Agents enter into that period and clean up because they have outgrown their contracts. They are far more successful ability wise than the dollars they earn would indicate. It happens at all positions on offense or defense with the lone exception (ironically) of QUARTERBACK.

If Kirk Cousins were truly the guy you think he is, he would never become available in Free Agency.

10. Mainejet

Rextasy must be on Ecstasy to post something so insanely idiotic.

11. JetBlue

Your argument is that Cousins isn’t good simply because the Skins think Alex Smith is better. Guess what, those aren’t mutually exclusive factors. Cousins could be good even though the Skins think Alex Smith is better.

Your argument is also dependent on the ludicrous concept that the Skins simply can’t be wrong. These are the same people who have put together the weak team around him, and you are arguing that their talent evaluation must be flawless.

To the argument that players outgrow their contract; that doesn’t address the fact that teams can renegotiate before the free agency period and avoid free agency to begin with — as with most QB’s. By the reasoning of this thread, the very fact that teams haven’t must reflect the player isn’t worth it.

Please.

12. Mainejet

BS. You don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about. You hurl a lot of baseless accusations like teams can preempt FA and resign them. That's a brilliant observation Captain obvious, but what if they simply can't afford their demands?

I also never said the Skins can't be wrong. I just know they're not wrong about this. You should try sticking to facts and not baseless claims. Kirk Cousins will NOT win the SB with the Jets. That much I can guarantee you. Do you want to know why? Because our coaching staff sucks and even if Cousins were good enough to win a SB (he isn't. He's no better than Neil O'Donnell), he would never get there because our HC is garbage.

You're also arguing something that's purely dumb to begin with. Cousins money demands locks a team into him. 100 million cap space or no, there's no way you'll be able to move away from him if he plays bad. You're fucked and stuck with this idiot and his albatross contract.

So what will be your excuse if Mac signs him and we quickly find out he's no better than O'Donnell? Are you going to stroke him if the Jets officially become a mediocre team? Because that's the best the Jets will ever be with Cousins.

13. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

The only people that Mac is better then are the GM's who have spent 19 or more years of their career without finding a franchise QB, Mac is going onto year 18 with absolutely nothing to show for it

abc likes this.
  14. JetBlue

That wasn’t your argument. Your argument was absolute - if Cousins was worth it the team would have broken and resigned him, which would apply to all players not just Cousins. Now you are arguing that some players could be let go because they can’t be afforded, which contradicts what your absolute position that if a team thinks a player is worth what they are asking they’d break and give it to them, which can be accomplished by cutting other players and restructuring other cobtracts. Happens all the time. So, now we have a situation in which you are admitting a team would let a player go despite thinking he is worth it, which contradicts your previous assertion which was absolute. Which is it?

You not only don’t know what you are talking about, you literally don’t understand what you actually asserted.

Not to mention the fact that just because the Redskins didn’t think he is worth it doesn’t mean he’s not worth it. Plenty of players are jettisoned by their teams only to play great and be worth mire than their previous team believed. Your argument fails on that merit alone. Just because you agree with your belief of the Redskins opinion doesn’t mean the logic of your argument is sound — which is what we are discussing.

I’m not sure how to respond to this drivel, but I wanted you to know I read it and I acknowledge that you have a mighty high opinion of yourself and opinion.

Talk about captain obvious. Where to walk into your own insult (which you even mistakenly applied to me. But in my experience, when you are desperate to criticize you generally lose all semblance of reason and awareness, which your post exemplifies.

Nice strawman. It’s as meaningful as asking what you will do if Kirk Cousins leads the Jets to a 19-0 season. It’s really not an interesting discussion and has nothing to do with this discussion at hand.

#14 JetBlue, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  15. Mainejet

Well, I'll let you believe whatever you want, regardless there is one thing I am, according to your definition of course, absolute about. That is the following:

Signing Kirk Cousins does NOTHING more than assist the Jets into MEDIOCRITY. GUARANTEED.

1) Kirk Cousins is no better than Neil O'Donnell. Signing him gives the Jets a net result of a team that could possibly make the playoffs. However, they will never win it all with Kirk Cousins. Just like Parcells had to say about O'Donnell back in the 90's, he was the kind of QB that could only get you to 8-8 or 9-7. Simply not good enough to accomplish the objective.

2) Even if Cousins were good enough, the Jets will still never do it. That's because the team has poor coaching. Blowes sucks and everyone knows it.

3) I question if Mac knows what the hell he's doing? Signing Cousins verifies to me that he simply does not know what he's doing. This is the guy that you will need to way over pay. As a result, you'll be locked in to this idiot for the foreseeable future. Therefore, it's not like you can unfuck that mistake very quickly. You'll need to wait likely at least a few years before it will financially feasible to cut him. So now you've completely WASTED 3 years and the Jets are 3 more years removed from their last SB. A truly disastrous move for a GM. A career defining bad move and one that will surely be used as reasoning for his dismissal. Besides that, how much truly good drafting has Mac done? Williams? Adams? Both of those players are decent but certainly not great so far.

And as for you... If you're so cocky and confident in what you're saying. Why not make a prediction? Obviously, you know everything sow why not go out on that branch? I already have? I suspect you won't because you're too much of a pussy. The guy that likes to argue and has nothing in the way of results to back it up.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

FJF likes this.
  18. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Do you think Mac is superior to McCloughan?

no :/