Do they win or not - make your prediction

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Sep 19, 2018.

?

Do the Jets beat the Borwns?

1. Yes

45 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Tie

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

What Miami did to beat us was they converted all their opportunities into TDs and we did a poor job of converting our oppurtunitires. I don't see Cleveland being that efficient with the opportunities they will get. Rather I see Cleveland doing their best to keep themselves from winning.

Cleveland may have a better defense but if we play as well as we did last Sunday we will win more often than we lose. They key is not to give Cleveland free points and to contain Taylor from running.

Jets by 10. 23 to 13.

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I usually don't make predictions, but I have a bad feeling about this game. Browns are much improved and it's thursday night off of a bad loss. Now of course the jets could totally come out firing on all cylinders and playing like sunday never happened, but I'm not so sure. I hope I'm wrong

westiedog1 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

If Bowles is a good coach this game should be a win....there's no way a defensive coach with this defensive personnel should let TT and that offense score more then 13-17 points...Cleveland 31 Jets 17

phubbadaman likes this.
  4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Completely unsubstantiated, but I just have a funny feeling that our running backs are going to own this game. I have no idea how they'll do it with this shitty line, but I just have a feeling.

I'm probably wrong.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It's not just a short week on Thursday night on the road but also 3 games in 11 days. That's a lot of football in a short period of time. As I mentioned in an earlier post I think the Jets win a close one but I wouldn't be shocked if they don't.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  6. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Love our team to death, but also not going to be ridiculously biased.

I don't see us winning here....the Browns dline is far more talented than our oline. They will shut down the run and make us one dimensional. Sam will not have a lot of time to throw and have trouble getting favorable situations on late downs.

7. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It's the cleveland loserness vs the Tyrod factor--I don't see NYJ containing Tyrod. Don't like that Landry is there too.

Tyrod + Landry = NYJ loss

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think it will be a close game no matter what. It will come down to which team has the ball last and probably a field goal will win it. I'm not underestimating the Browns one bit. Whichever team is better prepared on a short weak, has a more aggressive game plan and avoids stupid, game changing mistakes will squeak in with a W. My heart is with the Jets, but I don't have enough faith in the CS to have the team well prepared. Jets win it with a 50 yard field goal.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Who picked the 3 ties?

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This does feel like the opposite of last week though. Everyone was way too high on the Jets after Monday Night and they lost. Classic Jets. Now everyone is way too low on the Jets which means they will win. We have seen it too many times.

As for the media (and many Jets fans) thinking the Browns are going to win: I see no issues. Like I said in the game thread: the Browns should. Logically, this is a Browns win. BUT.........the Browns are the Browns and the Jets are the Jets, so it is truly unpredictable.

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Let's see what OAK can do against them.

12. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

24-10 Jets win

We should all know by now, the Jets only show up when there are no expectations. When there ARE expectations, they shit the bed.

The Dark Knight and Cman68 like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

All those who related to Billy Martin in the old Miller Lite commercial ("I feel very strongly both ways").

Maybe I should've left it at Win or Lose, but a tie is possible. I just wonder if those who picked that so far actually believe they'll tie, or they just think it's too close to call.

14. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I am not confident.

Having said that, I dont think I have figured out who exactly the Jets are yet. Nothing this team does surprises me anymore.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Only if we "stinky" up the place ? ahahahah

16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Its been almost 2 years since the Browns have won a game and it has been an eternity since they were favored over anyone. Yes I know the home team is usually favored by a FG but these are the Browns we are talking about and they are GIVING 3 points ! It appears to me that Vegas wants you to bet the Jets,,,,,,,,,thats said I hope Darnold survives and we somehow win this game .

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Given that the poll results, so far, echo what the pundits and media are saying, it wouldn't be a disaster if the Jets lose in a close, hard fought game. Disappointing, yes, but not a disaster. BUT...if they lose in the SOJ way, THAT'S going to be a problem.

GQMartin and Ralebird like this.
  18. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I had to go with the tie. I mean come on, isn't that the Jetsiest, Brownsiest thing ever? 20-20.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Going out on a limb:

Good Jets: 23-20 NY

Bad Jets: 14 -28 Cleveland

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I so wanted to vote tie ...

We lose 16 -20 in what will be a bad run of games for us. Unless Sam can really overcome his offensive line the next few games are harsh.