Divisional Playoff Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Section 336, Jan 7, 2015.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

2. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

3. nyjunc

every player is playing through something. His track record of falling on his face at playoff time doesn't allow for any injury excuses.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

My point was NE should be at least as big a favorite as Denver was. Manning and Brady are both all time great regular season QBs with a track record of failure in the playoffs (both have been favorites in almost every game, as well), but I wasn't posting about that.

I'm taking New England -7.

5. nyjunc

The way they dismantled Manning & Den on the road and the way NE struggled w/ Bal I would assume played some role?

6. New England Patriots

New England Patriots Well-Known Member

This is very surprising, but hey, any given Sunday.

7. nyjunc

The way Indy won was a surprise, them winning was not. I was surprised NE didn't handle Bal a little easier but they found a way and that's all that matters. I expect NE will win on Sunday.

8. New England Patriots

I meant I was surprised by the line, thought it would be much more in the Patriots favor.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Delusional, didnt we debate this last season about how the Denver team is garbage and you ended admitting it after the Super Bowl? Guys like DT, JT, Decker, Sanders were all products of the QB. The defense is the same crappy defense that Brady ripped to shreds when Tebow showed up in Foxborough. Patriots had the better team this season, anyone who couldnt see that in the preseason is blind to judging teams. It was so obvious honestly and the proof is in the pudding right now.....

10. New England Patriots

This should be fun....

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

There is no debate, he's been believing that the Broncos team is some loaded team, no it isnt, we debated this last year, they are not a good team, he admitted it last year after the Super Bowl that the Broncos "weapons" were crap. He was making them out to be the greatest offensive weapons unit of all time....not even close. Peytons been the life blood of that team, he controlled everything, he operated the offense, he kept the crappy defense off the field, he scored points that put pressure on the opposing teams offense which resulted in the Broncos defense benefiting from it.

Crap coach
    crap defense
    overrated weapons
    etc.

12. New England Patriots

Can't say I disagree with you except for the weapons. Now you can add, crap QB to the list.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Thomas is good, welker is a product, julias thomas was a product, Decker a product, Sanders a product. No one would even know who Julius Thomas is if it wasnt for Peyton being there. Watch how quickly they all fizzle when Mannings gone.

And yes I agree that Manning was bad but if he was injured then it could explain his struggles yesterday. That was just awful, perhaps he can get healthy, but I do not believe he can carry the Broncos the way he did the last couple of years. I could see them struggling to get in the playoffs if he is back, like Favres last year in Minnesota.

14. New England Patriots

He wasn't injured in weeks 12-15 when his performance deteriorated to the point that he was replacement level at best. The performance in this game, however, reach new levels.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I really don't care. I don't think he can do any damage in the nfl anymore. Broncos probably a 10 win team at most and a first round exit....

I seriously wonder if he would go to arizona for less? The broncos are done....

16. New England Patriots

And face the Seahawks twice a year?

17. nyjunc

you must have me confused w/ someone else and please stop w/ the product of the QB nonsense. The QB held an incredibly talented team back from winning a championship.

No one has better weapons than Denver, their D was loaded w/ talent. They kept Den in it yesterday but the QB again couldn't come through in a big game. Hard to win games when you lead a high powered O to 13 pts and in his career in playoff losses he has led all his incredibly talented Os to an avg. of 14.1 PPG. Not going to cut it and again he is going home one and done.

Thomas is one of best WRs in game, the other Thomas one of best TEs in game. Sanders was outstanding, Welker is nothing special and had no impact.

Decker caught 8 TDs from Tebow/Orton, had almost 1,000 yds despite injuries and playing w/ Geno this year.

will they fizzle like Reggie Wayne and company fizzled when they left Peyton?

In 1 postseason w/ TIM TEBOW Denver won a playoff game and reached div rd. In 3 postseasons w/ Peyton Manning they won 2 playoff games and made it past div rd just once.

18. nyjunc

top 3 weapons in Denver not enough, maybe they can assemble the pro bowl team for him so he has a shot next year?