Divisional Playoff Round

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Section 336, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Let's get the conversation going for this weekend.

The Carolina Panthers chances of competing with the Seahawks is now seriously diminished.
    While winning the game was not likely, I had firmly held to the belief that this would be a fairly close and competitive game.

It has been announced that DT - Star Lotulelei will be out of the game with a knee injury.
    Star is beast and him clogging up the middle and help keep Lynch in check was a primary reason I thought they could compete. Things just got a lot tougher for LBs Kuechly and Davis.

Star was taken 2 picks after Sheldon Richardson and I will freely admit that I was wrong but at the time I was thinking WTF are the Jets doing taking him over Star at the time.

I think the Panthers will keep it close for a while into the third, but in the end Seattle will pull away.

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Here are my picks for the weekend.

Ravens
    Seahawks
    Cowboys
    Broncos

Superbowl between Ravens and Cowboys.

74 likes this.
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Ravens will go through NE and DEN and Cowboys through GB and SEA? Both on the road?
    Interesting pick.... Very brave

Brook! likes this.
  4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I guarantee you, I will not bring up my prediction like soxxx does all the time if it ever happens. But honestly, this is how I feel. :)

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Dallas will handle Green Bay with ease. (Ill go 34-20)
    Seattle wins
    Ravens win
    Broncos win

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

NE
    Sea
    Indy
    GB- though I am getting a little giants '07/'11 vibe from the Cowboys

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I don't bring up my predictions, unless I get harrassed/mocked/terrorized like I did when I picked that Texas team to win their division back tn the summer.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Bringing up your predictions are OK. What not OK is to make several different ones so that you could always point out to how "right" you are. Your view is legit, as legit as anyone else's, but not very likely IMO.
    NE
    DEN
    SEA
    DAL

9. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Ravens over Pats
    Panthers over Seahawks
    Packers over Cowboys
    Colts over Broncos

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ok but lets get this straight, I picked Seattle over New England (27-17) in AUGUST, so does that mean in JANUARY I must stick with them in each individual game? Because if thats the case then NO ONE here should be picking any games at all because we all made our picks back in August, so if your picks are still alive, good for you but if they arent, you shouldnt be allowed to make picks again? Is that what you are trying to say?

Because I disagree with that, I should be allowed to make picks in the preseason AND make picks prior to games (like everyone else does on this forum yet I have been cascaded by members of this forum because I cracked a joke about the Eagles winning the Super Bowl, which apparently negated my preseason predictions entirely.)

11. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

DEN
    NE
    CAR
    DAL

Half jokingly, half serious. Carolina is a little better than their record, Seattle is overhyped because they played against Drew Stanton, Ryan Lyndley, Colin Kapernick twice, Shaun Hill, and Alex Smith to close out their season. No shit they didn't allow points, we're looking at some of the worst offenses football has to offer.

That said, I think Carolina's style of football has the best chance of beating Seattle, despite the fact that Dallas already did it.

I think Dallas has a good chance of upsetting the Packers only because of Rodgers' injury, if he's 80+% of himself Dallas probably has no chance, but word came out today that his calf has a partial tear and is still pretty badly strained. Dallas won't be given a better opportunity.

The Colts aren't good, I don't think I need to say more on that. But I will, Denver isn't good either with Manning playing as poorly as he is, very few quarterbacks are lucky enough to have a receiving trio as good as his so capable of bailing him out from his poor passes.

The Ravens are being hyped up for ratings purposes based on past history that has 0 relevance to Saturday's game. The last time the teams played it was a blowout to the tune of 41-7 favoring New England and even those two teams are drastically different. New England has at least 7 positions with new players playing prominent roles that didn't participate in that game last December. Baltimore probably has a similar number of new players. I don't care about the 2012 and 2011 playoffs and I sure as hell don't care about the 2009 season playoff game that will be more than 5 years in the past by this Saturday's game.

If the Ravens manage to win it won't be because of what happened in the past.

Ultimately I think this years superbowl will be SEA vs NE (changing that from the GB vs NE I've been predicting since preseason) even though it goes against my "predictions" this week.

12. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Not everything is about you, soxxx. But it's telling that when someone is talking about shady practice, you immediately assume it is about you

13. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I with you on all of them except Dallas.

14. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'm hesitant with DAL... call it gut feeling

Testaverde likes this.
  15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's not like CAR played Denver either. If anything, it's Panter's D that is overrated now

16. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

They both are overrated, I never said Carolina wasn't, I just said that I think their style of football poses the greatest threat to Seattle, not that they're better or aren't big time underdogs.

Carolina did shut down and blowout offenses that aren't half bad in the Saints and Falcons, on the road, in a 4 week stretch, and held Atlanta to 19 in another game.

I know, thats not THAT impressive considering where those teams ended up, but it is more impressive to me than what Seattle did considering the list of quarterbacks.

RuJFan likes this.
  17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Huge Ravens fan this weekend. Probably won't be able to watch the game though (fucking "volunteered"
    to help a friend move). Don't think they will pull it off, but like the matchup way better than the Bengals. Wouldn't mind a controversial call or two, just to add to the many that cloud the "Patriot way" lol.
    Edit: key to the game as always, just hit Brady. If New England can run the ball you have already lost. As long as Brady has to pass you can hit him and win the game

Seattle will kill Carolina. Nobody is beating Seattle in Seattle and in the playoffs.

Packers will most likely win. If Dallas can run the football this game will be very close.

Broncos will most likely win, but it won't be because of Manning. It will be because of a Bronco running attack on a shitty Colts running defense and a failure by the colts to run the football at all. Luck will throw the ball 40+ times.

#17 JetsVilma28, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The reports coming out of Green Bay, don't sound promising.
    A limited mobility Aaron Rodgers is a huge step down. Not that he is a running QB or can't stand tall in the pocket, but that what really sets him apart his ability to shuffle and extend plays.
    I think Dallas dodged a bullet against the Lions, will take a deep breath and relax on the road. I think this game is being promoted as the best of the weekend and may end up the worst.

I hope Baltimore can do it in Foxboro, because I have no faith in Indy or Denver to do it.

I don't know if I can bear to even watch a Dallas/NE Superbowl.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Because your response was toward Brooklyn who was directly talking about me.

And god forbid I pick games a week prior, that go against my picks made in august.

I'll make sure next season we get everyone picks all down pat in the preseason so no one can make another pick, and if they do it negates what they originally stated.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Shuttin down either offense the way they did is actually impressive, especially on the road considering those offenses were still flying despite the teams losing.