Diablo III

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by joolander, Mar 21, 2012.

1. joolander

joolander New Member

i just got my account banned for absolutely nothing. they claim i never bought the game, which i did. i played for literally 2 hours and got banned. fuck blizzard, ive owned every single on of their games since warcraft orcs and humans. they can choke on a dick, the last blizz game ill ever buy.

plus this game was made for retards. everything so is streamline.

2. Christian

Christian Active Member

If you think the game sucks so much, why do you have so many hours played and spend so much time posting about it?

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Simply because I hate speaking out of my own ass. Regardless of whether I like it or not, I have to know it if I want to talk about it - let alone, critique about it - no?

P.S. I forgot to mention another joke; Blizzard devs saying one thing, and enforcing quite the other. What I mean by this is that, the devs claim they wanted to encourage diversity in game plays. Yet - you know what? This is of course, end-game content so if you are not there yet, don't even bother with it but, at level 60, you get this thing called Nephalem's valor. You get that by killing the champion pack (names in blue) or a boss with his minions (names in yellow). You can get up to 5 stacks, and each stack increases your magic find % and gold find % by 15% - so at full 5 stack, you get extra 75%. Now... if you change your skill set up, you lose the buff. This basically means, either you are going to have to start with a line-up of skills that you will use till the end of each act OR you will have to lose up to 10 rare items. Diversity? My fucking ass.

Last, but not the least: You bought the game, but if the server is down, you can't play - in no part because you did anything wrong, but because the server is dead. What a fucking joke, don't you think? If anything, you are not playing subscription-based game, or are you? Consider that.

#83 Zach, Jul 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  4. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I got my monk to lvl 60. The difference between Act 1 and Act 2 is crazy.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Zach is right.

Even blizzard admitted today they fucked the game up. There is no end game and the farm for loot gets lame.

Also I've found 4 legendaries and 1 set. They all suck compared to an ill level 62-63 item.

So I dunno wtf the point is...

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The game is interesting only as a sandbox at this point. As a game it's lame and repetitive. As a quick 15 minutes of testing something out it works though. Pick a spawn and try out your latest theory on how best to handle it.

The only way Blizzard salvages the game is with a series of DLC's that dramatically expands the gameplay options. The other option would be PvP of course and the balance issues there would be absurd.

Instead they'll put out an expansion for Christmas 2013 and be rocked when it doesn't sell that well.

7. Christian

Christian Active Member

Why would you want to talk about a game you clearly hate? And yeah the game isnt that great. I was never a Diablo fan growing up so I wasn't really excited about this. It's not a bad game, nor is it a game where you'll wanna play it over and over and over again.

If you're able to have fun with it through at least 2 or 3 play throughs then I would say you at least got your money's worth. I pretty much quit when I got to Act 2 Inferno. I love a challenge but at least give me a fighting chance at surviving, it's pretty ridiculous that I'm dying in 2 to 3 hits regardless of how much HP I have. Again, I'm really not ass hurt over it like most people since I wasn't waiting for the game in the first place.

If you've followed Blizzard the past few years then you'd know they really havent released any high quality content for anything since Burning Crusade, and a lot of people don't even like that. It's why a lot of people didn't have high expectations for D3 but yet for some reason were still pissed off at the high level content of it. You had to at least expect there was a good chance that they completly shit the bed with D3.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Why? Because of things like these:

And #2, I even pointed out that Blizzard's games since the exodus of Blizzard North team has been all shit - which earned a prompt rebuke from the exact same guy. (As you can see above - I haven't even mentioned what they did after they left Blizzard, but that's not the point now, is it?)

#3, Yes, it IS a bad game. You are giving the users this golden apple on top of the tower, but as a designer you also have to give the users a clue or method as to how they can reach to the top and get it. In case of D3, they not only omitted that part, but if that wasn't enough, they got rid of the few ladders that users constructed (simply because they overlooked at the potency of the skills THEY gave. If this is not a sheer stupidity, I don't know what is.)

Lastly - I know a sucky game when I see one. I have worked in that field for good 5+ years. I would have left it at that - but then some clueless people had the nerve to bite on me, so I had to oblige.

It gets much worse in Act 3 - but then in rather anti-climactic fashion, Azmodan is such a push-over. Just WTF!?!?!?

(Seriously, a pack of champs with Arcane, Plague/Desecrate, Shielding and Vortex will kill you a lot more than Azmodan and Diablo combined.)

#88 Zach, Jul 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ya I have changed my opinion to possibly.... This is the worst game ever I won't even log on any more ... Give me my open world back from D2 this game is a joke. Blizzard tricked us into buying this over hyped game...

10. Christian

Christian Active Member

Hey all I'm saying is you clearly hate the game and can't stop telling everyone about how you hate it yet you have 4 characters in inferno. That's a lot of hours played for a game you obviously hate and can't stop discussing.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ok, smart guy. Here's the breakdown:

1. It does not take that long to get any char into inferno. It took me less than 20 playing hours to get any of the chars into Inferno if that long. If you know how things work in Diablo world, it is not too hard. Ok? Don't make it sound like it takes a whole world of dedication and commitment to get there. It does not.

Ok. It's been out for more than a month and a half by now, right? 2 hours a day (well. that could be a hefty investment, depending your viewpoint) will get you there too. That's a little more than what it took me basically.

2. I didn't draw much of what I wrote from my d3 playing experience either, mind you. As I pointed it out earlier, this game is nothing but a mere extension of Diablo 1. Can't stop discussing? Discussing what? If it were to be a discussion of any sort, the other side would have to bring on the table why I am wrong, and why this game does not suck as much as I blasted it to. When the blizzard Devs admitted (http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6019511928#17) they fucked it up, you know it's not even a discussion out there. It's mere proof, more or less, of my assertion that THIS GAME SUCKS. That's all there is to it. Nothing more, nothing less.

#91 Zach, Jul 6, 2012
  12. Christian

Christian Active Member

Ok your assertion of the game sucks. Fair enough. I'll honestly never understand players like you. Lets just say you roughly spent 80 hours or so playing all your toons total to make it to inferno. You've already decided you hated the game through your first play through and yet you still put in the time and energy to make it to that same point 3 more time. Do you not realize how ridiculous that sounds?

And alright fine it's not a discussion, it's the ramblings of another asshurt Diablo fan thats pissed off that blizzard put out another low quality game.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You don't get it, do you?

1. I am not a fan.

2. But I am not ruling out the possibility that I might be missing something.

3. So, as someone who made the assertion, it is my responsibility to make sure I stand corrected.

It's not even about Diablo 3. It's about nearly everything I (or anybody in intellectual endeavor) embark on. Regardless of your opinion on the matter, if you want to have a rant (or discussion) about something, YOU HAD BETTER FUCKING KNOW THAT THING INSIDE OUT.

-----------------------------------------

Just why is it so hard to get THIS point across? Is it that hard a concept?

#93 Zach, Jul 6, 2012
  14. Christian

Christian Active Member

Why yes, yes it is.

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What part of investigating do you find that hard to understand?

16. Christian

Christian Active Member

Everything is very hard to understand.

17. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Eh my guy has been lvl 51 ever since i reach hell and asked myself why am i wasting my time

18. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Most of the stuff zach is saying is true. But I've heard a similar critique from a friend who loves the game.

I haven't played it yet, but from what your saying and what my friend told me (he's in act 3 or 4 inferno) they've made the game exceedingly difficult and extremely gear dependent.

Basicallly you hit areas unbeatable in inferno till you've properly farmed enough gold to upgrade equipment.

He told me his little brothers college roommate has made hundreds in cash. He wearss a bunch of equpment that inncreaes encanted drop rates. Sso when he farms boss fights he gets tons of loot. Like he will have his DPS equipment on and switch right before diablo dies to his drop rate set

But the thing you ssaid about common mobs being harder than bosses is true. I've heard it from more than one person.

All in all it sounds like another diablo game. Lol. Clicking for carpeltunnel and replaying over and over for loot drops. At least they made it hard enough on inferno this time to piss people off.

And zach im sure the char class are extremely imbalanced. Blizzard is infamous for that until months of patching is accomplished

Ive yet to play been a diablo fanatic since the 90s. Love the lore, blizzard never dissappoints there.

But diablo is only fun when your playing with someone you know in real life. Not having good consistent help makes you realize how redundant the game eventually becomes

#98 Coach K, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

.... And that is the nerfd act 2.

As others have said, this game is no D2. The replay value is not there. They took a lot of what was fun, like the ability to take on and kill tons and tons of mobs at once, and tried to turn the game into a skill based chess match. D2 was not about finding strats to win, it was about play varied fun styles and killing tons of shit. With the extreme difficulty of inferno, you are pigeon holed into a few, very defensive, builds. I've mostly gone back to LoL at this point.

Blizzard has really gone for one of the marquee developers in my opinion to being just another big game house. The old days of "it will be finished when we think its ready" have given way to hitting release dates and expanding th bottom line for the company. They have done a lot of great things in the past, but that seems to be in the past only now. D3 was fun up until the inferno grind, then got old real fast.

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Don't even get me started on that...