Devin Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by UKGangGreen, Apr 1, 2016.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

How often will he make that catch?

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Sorry girls. Devin Smith is the most talented, fun to watch WR we've had here in a long, long time.

5 yrs from now you will be arguing over who he's more like, Wesly Walker or Wayne Chrebet. Geeez.

Devin is the one player I'm the most excited to see play this season. Yup, Smith and Mo's replacement. Those two.

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Devin Smith probably get hurt soon as he gets off the PUP list lol.

4. JetLifeLo

lmaoooo i agree that he sucks but not to the extent that you do sheesh hahahaha ... he's for sure a one trick pony that can't do much of anything without getting hurt.. but i hope he provese us both wrong at the end of the day. I have zero expectations though

5. JetLifeLo

Anybody who thought pryor was a bum either

1. never knew shit about pryor.
    2. doesn't know the difference between a free safety and strong safety.
    3. Didn't understand how the teams situation destroyed Pryor's rookie season.

I begged people on here to believe in Calvin and to just wait until he could return to his natural position.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Let's hope not. Maccagnan rolled a lot of our future Devin's way when he drafted him in the 2nd round. I'm pulling for him.

7. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

People are so shell shocked over Milliner and his body of glass that they have instantly assumed that Devin Smith will be the same. ACL's happen to all players and is a freak injury that sucks. The rib injury in TC was off a nasty hit when players were not even supposed to be hitting each other. Smith will be useless to this team as long as the beard is the qb and cannot take advantage of his ability to stretch the field. Smith was open many many many times, there was a throw in the eagles game before the brandon marshall TD were smith was running wide open in the back of the endzone and fitz missed him by a mile.

Smith has the talent to be a good wr in the nfl. He will never be a #1 guy, but he will be an explosive weapon for this team.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

4. Was still butthurt about passing over Teddy Bridgewater or Derek Carr. Pryor is awesome to watch, glad he's on our team.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  9. JetLifeLo

Yeah Fitz can't hit him consistenly down field but bro i went to the eagles game when decker was out and i keyed in on Smith since it was his first game.. he got ZERO seperation, made trash efforts to meet the ball in the air, and didn't run any sharp routes. In college he had that step over everyone else in the NFL he doesn't. Plus like my man stokes pointed out.. when Fitz did throw him beautiful passes HE DROPPED them. His mistakes costs us two games! I won't blame houston game on him our o-line was shit and so was our corners.. but he dropped a key pass that would've gotten us that W still. & Dont get me started on his Buffalo performance..

after all that being said THEN I look at his injuries.. When has he not been hurt? He missed ALL of mini-camp (birth of his first kid... cool, understandable.. but be ready to play your ass off when you come back if your gonna miss the entire mini camp as a rook, he did not.) Then gets hurt on the 2nd day of practice...and doesn't return til week 2 of the season because Pryor shoved him in practice..ok. Then he got hurt in practice before the Oakland game, ( mind you he did little to nothing weeks 3-7) then comes back finally scores a TD on one of his only receptions over the next 3 weeks and then tears his ACL.

He came into the nfl off a 33 catch 1000 yard season... lol... yeah good lucky running fly routes in the NFL kid, won't work like that. Especially when your not even much faster than everyone else like he was in college.

Hope he turns it around though, just not expecting much.

10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Similar problem with drafting Stephen Hill over Alshon Jeffrey.

Jeffrey was very good at SC and was overlooked bc he was a little "overweight" during the combine.

And we drafted Stephen FREAKING Hill......with 45 college receptions.....WHAT?!

Same mistake with Devin Smith. He upped his draft stock in the College Playoffs, thats all

TNJet and JetLifeLo like this.
  11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

It will be exciting to see if he actually holds onto the football! Man, does he suck!

12. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

While I agree Smith cannot flourish with Fitz as QB I didn't see him open much last year. For a guy that was supposed to be able to take the top off a defense he rarely was open down the field. The question is was it because he knew Fitz couldn't hit him deep and had to shorten up his deep routes or was it more that corners in college made him look much faster than he really is and NFL corners have shown he's not capable of getting open. The answer to that question is what will determine his ultimate success in this league.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Devin Smith is our most exciting receiver since David Clowney

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

that goes 2 ways. if all smith is going to do is be a guy who runs 8 and 9 routes, then he isnt providing much value for someone drafted so high. he needs to be able to make plays catching the ball closer to the line of scrimmage.

that was my one issue with the drafting of smith, people compared him to desean jackson, but looking at all his highlights, i didnt see any plays with him catching something short and making alot of guys miss. to me, thats where he needs to get to to really become the player we need... regardless of who the qb is.

15. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I want Smith to succeed, and while he is a Jet, I will root for him to succeed. It must be tough to be a second year WR coming off an injury and have a significant portion of the fan base hating on you. It certainly doesn't motivate him or help him to get better - it only creates pressure. Giving up on young players is what we Jets fans do best.

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Devin Smith still upped his value on the football field. That is not something Stephen Hill ever did.

FJF likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I wish nothing but the best for Smith this year. As usual, people that wanted someone else on the draft are taking the opportunity to shit all over him, for both valid concerns and fictitious personal reasons, even blaming him for being injury prone, a ludicrous assumption, based on an injury that can happen to any football player, irrespective of position, weight or perceived toughness.
    For this team sake we should hope he can develop into a solid, explosive and field stretching WR we so desperately need. I tend to trust Mac's gut and his teams evaluation on this one. Time will tell.

18. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Touche

19. Dreadmadseen

Dreadmadseen Active Member

LOL you guys crying over the play of rookies....they are rookies for a reason...you guys are really embarrassing.

Footballgod214, LAJet and Walt White like this.
  20. Lee Savit

Lee Savit Member

How about circa 83" our Beloved NYJ select Ken O'Brien over Dan Marino. I pray D Smith shows something. We can sure use him.