Desperate Dolphins overpay Cutler

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Aug 6, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He was so bad playing at Vanderbilt that he was SEC offensive player of the year , 4 time all sec and he obviously made them much worse by setting team records for total offense (9,953 yards), touchdown passes (59), passing yards (8,697), pass completions (710), pass attempts (1,242) and combined touchdowns (76). He also put up the second most points allowed by the Gators in the Swamp.
    He came cheap at $10 million.
    Gase wanted him. He knows the offense. Has something to prove
    Practiced today for the first time and all the reports are that he had the best practice of any QB this camp and was way better than Moore.
    I get you don't like the guy, I'm not a fan of his either, but the facts are the facts.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Diabetes ain't no bullshit, but God love ya, Nick Mangold.

EDIT & P.S.: For those who didn't get that, Mangold threw Cutler in a swimming pool as a joke, and he ruined Cutler's diabetes monitor. Whoopsie! It's a terrible disease to deal with. I have no doubt in my mind that it has partially to do with this crap attitude. I was beside myself years back when some folks actually wanted him here. Terrible fit, first of all. Cutler, haha, I used to dump on that guy like there was no tomorrow. I probably said that I hated his face a hundred times or more. Anyway, enjoy Jeff George lite, Miami.

#42 jetophile, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  3. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Don was actually asking if insurance covers the salary.
    Believe it or not, If a team does insure a player they have to submit it to the league and restructure the players contract and the cost of insurance then counts against the cap.

#43 TonyFtLaud, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

lol. I said he made teams worse. Saying he threw for a bunch of yards is irrelevant.

Look at Vanderbilt's record while he was there compared to after he left.

Look at what he did to the Bears. FYI, the Bears were actually not a bad team.

If you want a guy with a strong arm capable of racking up a bunch of meaningless yards, Cutler is your guy (picking up where Jeff George left off).

If you want to win, he's not. Period.

There's a reason no team would sign him as the starter until Miami lost Tannehill and panicked.

Lots of teams need QBs, and everyone passed on Cutler.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

He was assuming insurance covers the salary. That was why he claims Cutler was a good deal since insurance would pay for Tannehill's contract. lol.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is what you do when you believe your team is close to competing and your QB goes down...

TonyFtLaud and Red Menace like this.
  7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The Dolphins running game can carry Cutler at this point, very few QBs can sling their teams to victory and Cutler is not one of those QBs.

He is also capable of making plays that compliment a good running game, unlike a Sixpatrick who was limited physically, Cutler can get the ball deep.

I'm actually interested to see how a balanced offense will do in Miami.

Royal Tee likes this.
  8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

i am lovin' dullphags some these days.

they got shut out today. awesome offense right there.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Gase would have had a built in excuse for a down year losing his QB, or even signing Kaep, but he brought in his guy under the guise that he knows the system and can step right in and staked his career on Cutler. Now he has no excuse. What a moron.

They will both be shown the door at the end of the season.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You think so? I mean, he did take that team to the playoffs for the first time in a while, in his rookie coaching debut. I don't see them fanning him quite yet.

If he were smart? Make the move to Matt Moore soon. He's a decent player and people have to like him more than Cutler.

I'm under the impression that everyone absolutely hates Cutler. I think that it's actually true.

The guy went to Miami to collect a 'free' $10 million. He has no interest in playing to win.

12. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Can't remember who wrote it but the funniest line about the Cutler negotiation at the time was this ---

"Cutler was reportedly unsure whether he is still capable of giving an NFL team the signature Cutler commitment level. You know, roughly 80 percent"

How true it was.

Yisman likes this.
  13. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan New Member

If someone made Jay Cutler pay THEM $1 they would be overpaying Jay Cutler.