Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Draft' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 10, 2017.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

My god....That kid is special. Of course we won't draft him.

2. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

Cause we won too many games

3. John

John Active Member

Go all in for Watson he's a winner
    Fucking love him

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Can't be worst than anyone else we have.

HAYN likes this.
  5. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

I agree. 420 and 4 tds with 0 turnovers vs that Bama D.

NYJetsO12 and John like this.
  6. John

John Active Member

Been saying this for weeks now how I want him. He's poised , expirenced , great QB

FJF and playtowinthegame like this.
  7. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

He has to be a serious, serious consideration if he falls to 6. Depending on how he does in the pre-draft process, you could argue we should consider even trading up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westiedog1 and blackssmagic like this.
  8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

this guy was on the biggest stage in college football and pissed in Nick Saban's mouth

If he doesn't go at 1, 2 or 3, we need to seriously consider him at 6

9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Been saying it for a while

Can't pass him up but he probably won't be there

10. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

His stock just went way up. He will likely go 1 to the Browns. We have way to many holes to trade up . It would cost us at least our first second and third plus next years second and third to get the Browns pick. If he falls somehow we really need to take him but with the teams picking ahead of us needing a QB, I don't see it happening.

11. juss

juss Active Member

Gone by 6

12. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Damn I came here thinking y'all would be swearing him off like cancer . How many star college qbs get smoked when they tried to go under center in the NFL as a rookie?

Although I'm not a huge college fan , I have watched a few Clemson games, including the past 2 championship games , and I loved watching him play. I wanted him on the jets. But now thinking a little harder I'm thinking the risk is too high.

Before his 2 big playoff wins I was hearing late 1st I'm pretty sure ( like I said I'm not really into college ball but that makes sense being that he's not the prototypical 6'4 pocket passer everyone in the NFL gets a hardon for). Do we really wana throw another rookie QB under center on a questionable team and fuck them up ? We'd need to go with 4 qbs again, including the mediocre vet we'd having to sign and start while 3 high draft pics sit on the bench .
    We CANNOT miss on this 6th pic. I say let petty get a shot against a vet while we work on creating a team that helps a young QB grow instead of hindering them .

That's being said ... if there's a way we can get him without losing the 6th overall I'd def consider it . Seems like great leader and high character dude

fansince90, BomberJet and NYJetsO12 like this.
  13. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Kid took some really hard hits, but never caved. His character has impressed me.

Also like his footwork dropping back and shifting around pocket. Moves fluidly.

FJF and blackssmagic like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think you just saw the new #1 pick in the 2018 draft, and I doubt the Browns will consider trades for it. But if they really like Trubinsky, I could see them willing to trade down for the right package, and still snag Trubinsky along with the added picks/players they receive. I don't see the Jets having enough to make a deal, but if they did, he might be worth it. Yes, they desperately need help in several areas, but to get to/win a SB you need a stud QB, and if they pass on a chance for him, it means they'll still need to find that stud within the next 3 years before all the rest of the holes need refilling again. Will they have a better option in the next three years? Well, if they go the "safe" route and upgrade the OL, RB, Pass Rush,DB, and add a veteran QB, the odds are that they'll improve over this year, which means a worse draft position, and all but eliminating finding that stud QB next year. Ditto the following year, as they continue to gradually improve. Of course Petty or Hack may turn out to be that elusive stud, but again, the odds say no. Watson may be their best chance if they can get him, but I doubt they can.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  15. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of Watson he is electric but a bit erratic at times. Seems to be somewhat prone to making big mistakes (although you didn't see that last night). I'm a little leery of the hype machine being on overdrive after an amazing Nat'l. Championship game - a la Vince Young in 2006.

BomberJet, jetfan59, PickSix and 7 others like this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

My sentiments exactly. He's like a more erratic Smith. Id like to move past that.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

jgjet and HAYN like this.
  17. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

I watch a lot of Clemson games because of family ties to the school.

Watson is a really good qb with a tendency to take too many risks and throw a lot of interceptions. He does remind me a lot of Marcus Mariota - someone who is a winner who will do anything to help his team win. Watson has great arm talent and is a running threat. He is from a spread scheme and will needs lots of coaching.

I think either Trubisky or Watson is the only way for us to go. We have to take a risk on a big talent qb. I think we need to trade up and get one of these guys. Think what a different place this team would be if we had traded up for Mariota.

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

19. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

If he is there at 6 you snag him but he isn't the "cant miss" talent you move up and mortgage your future for.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Lots of intangibles, smart, big, fast, strong, poised