Deshaun Watson out for the season with a torn ACL!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by C63Baller, Nov 2, 2017.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

His last season in 16 he got a QB rating of 90.7 better than the two previous seasons but the anti kneeling brigade ignore that :rolleyes: ranking him 16th out of QB's, what a shit QB he couldn't possibly do a job for anybody, oh he kneels and makes a fuss, the uber cunt that he is.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/qb-rating-nfl?season_id=14

EDIT, forget it, I see somebody else already tried and you still disagreed lol

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  2. K'OB

We should offer them Petty for a number two pick :)

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I didn’t disagree, I countered with facts. That is an absolutely average QB rating inflated by garbage time and meaningless TD’s.

How about you address his bottom five completion percentage?

It takes a significant amount of dishonesty or ignorance to argue bottom of the league completion percentage + average QB rating = good QB.

Since you brought him up, even Homeofthejets conceded he wasn’t arguing Kaep was good, just better than Savage. That’s a fair argument but not the argument you are making. You are arguing that he could not be a “shit” QB by citing a stat that simply shows he’s average while conveniently ignoring other stats that reflects he is pretty shitty. Unless you are also impressed by Ryan Fitzpatrick’s completion percentage last year, too.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Kaep was very good when he was in Harbaugh's offense. Put him in the right system and he can be a highly effective QB. I don't know if the Texans are that team, or if any team is for that matter, but we saw Kaep play at a high level in the NFL at one point.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. JetBlue

Was it change of system of loss of athleticism and injuries the caused his drop in play?

Either way, the argument that he is still a good QB requires one to ignore his most recent play, simply recall his greatest moments, and rationalize his statistics don’t mean what they show.

6. K'OB

Okay seeing as you have decided his stats have been inflated by meaningless touchdowns, like there is ever such a thing tbh.

I will make something up because you know I have no idea how many passes he threw that were bang on the button only for some useless arse WR to drop them and then degrade his stats.

A final thing, highlight in my post where I said he was a good QB please, if you are going to try and be insulting at least be fucking honest yourself mate.

Still my honest truth is folks get far to wound up by the fact that he is perceived to have dishonoured a whole bunch of servicemen and your damned flag and national anthem, it seems there are more people bothered by that than the fact that cops have been going around and blowing your black countrymen in the head for no fucking good reason other than the colour of their skin and that my friend is fucking shameful.

Kaep is not that bad to illicit this much reaction from other teams fans, it is far easier to say he is shit and that is why he does not get another team rather than the other issue of kneeling in protest.

As you brought Fitz into the conversation, I do agree he was shit last season, in fact he went beyond shit, will you see him standing next to Kaep in the jobless QB section...

oh, thought not !!!

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He was also bottom of the league in yards passing per game, completion pct., and yards per attempt. He was sacked at the highest rate of any QB by far. He was sacked 36 times in 331 pass attempts, to put that in perspective, every other QB who was sacked between 34 and 37 times had between 510-610 attempts.

8. K'OB

So another poster has jumped in to tell us that he is shit, all of that stuff you posted isn't just on Kaep though is it, if you have a chocolate fireguard of an OL you are going to get hit, if you are hurrying your passes they are going to be more inaccurate, I couldn't even tell you what their OL or receivers or running game was like, I don't follow the 49ers but everybody on here seems very knowledgeable about Kaep all of a sudden.

We may as well give it a rest and let the thread go back to poor Watson's injury, there has been some talent injured this season.

9. The Waterboy

Stats don't tell the whole story but if a QB is bottom of the league in completion pct, YPG, sack pct. for 3 years in a row then chances are you have a shit QB. 2 of those 3 years San Fran was 4th in rushing in the league so that takes pressure off him, apparently it didn't help.

Yes, he may be slightly better than a few QBs that were signed this off season, but when you couple his bad play with the distraction he would bring to a team, you have a reason why he remains unsigned.

Lets also not ignore the fact that Kapernick is the one that restructured his contract in 2016 which gave him an opt out at the end of the season, an opt out he then took. Sometimes you bet on yourself and lose.

I don't agree with the protests but think it is their right to do so. I think his play has much more to do with him not being signed. Marshawn Lynch has been sitting for a long time during the anthem but he doesn't seem to have a problem getting signed.

FJF likes this.
  10. K'OB

Pretty much all I was saying and a team that is in dire need of a QB could do worse as a stop gap.

Why is it a distraction when he does his protest but nobody else gets much of a mention in that regard for doing it, it will hardly be much more of a distraction as it seems a fair few are doing it nowadays.

11. The Waterboy

Well before it became league wide he was getting plenty of attention from the protests in addition to his pig socks and Castro t-shirt. It was not a league wide thing when he was looking to get signed in the off season.

Now he has a book deal from the protest, in addition to his lawsuit. Play better and the distractions aren't noticed as much.

12. JetBlue

I don’t give a damn about his protest. But the fact remains he was bottom of the league in many QB stats, but you conveniently cherry pick QB rating and ignore everything else, and think you are making a reasonable point.

I don’t see anyone claiming Fitz should be signed to start for any team. I don’t see Fitz’s significant others comparing an NFL owner who has expressed interest in him to a slave owner.

But you’re right, all that matters is that he was absolutely average in QB rating. Sign that average beast!

13. K'OB

BTW I cherry picked nothing, I went to a stat site and looked for his QB rating, a stat usually used to compare QB's :rolleyes:

But Fitz is signed for a team and that is all I said about him, he is the perfect example of shit QB keeps getting a new team, so now we are moving on to what his wife has said, well sorry about that her comments haven't made it into the evening news and star so I don't know what she has said.

Finally I think you protest too much about a player none of us really give two fucks about, well certainly not in signing for the Jets but hey you can keep your hatred for him keen if you want, you can deny it all you damned well like, what other reason do you give so much of an arse about him, a QB that was being discussed as surely better than Savage and maybe the Oilers should take a look at him, boom world war 3 ensues for some of you, but it isn't the protest, honest your honour. :rolleyes: