Denver Looking To Trade The 5th Overall Pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JetLife5, Apr 19, 2018.

1. JetLife5

JetLife5 Member

Well. This definitely might throw a wrench into things. Because my fear/belief is that Buffalo is gonna do this.

22 + one of 53/56 to move into the teens. 12 + the new mid 1st to Denver for 5.

5 + their 2nd they kept to the Giants for #2.

Lets hope the Top 2 goes Allen-Darnold in some way because I'll be gutted if they jump us for Rosen.

CotcheryFan and GasedAndConfused like this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

these Qbs arne't going as high as we think. smart move by denver, sadly it measn the bills or pats can jump up (likely the bills) and take the QB that falls. I hope it's mayfiled so their franchise sucks for the next 5 years

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Random, but serious question. If the Jets do take Baker, you will root for him to succeed right?

NJJets20, CotcheryFan and JetLife5 like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

of course. I'd hope i'm wrong. You root for the jersey, not the player. I've said it many times

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha..5 and a 2nd (especially their second) to get to 2? Not in this lifetime when it cost the Jets their 6 and three seconds just to get to 3.

Martin&theJETS likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm anti Baker Mayfield big time at #3 (if the Jets really think he can be the guy I would have been OK just drafting him at #6 but not with the trade) and I'm with SGB. I'll hope to god he comes through and does well but until the moment I actually see Mayfield winning games on the field I'm going to have a pretty negative attitude about it. Mayfield seems to be a relatively shaky proposition to me to begin with but when you start losing 3 2nd round picks AND passing on Rosen or Allen for him? If they really go that way it better freaking work out is all I can say because it seems borderline insane. I'm a patient fan but if you pass on Rosen for the 6 footer and he busts? I mean.... your fired. You just can't do that and expect to be employed as an NFL GM.

A trade like that would be a good move for the Giants though if they are comfortable "going for it" with Eli a few more times. They could take Quenton Nelson there whom supposedly they really like a little more comfortably than #2 overall and use the other pick to get a RB with house money. If they don't want a QB that would seem to be a no brainer deal for them.

Red Menace and GasedAndConfused like this.
  7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So in the next week the Bills will make 3 separate trades to jump the Jets pick? Not sure why I bother clicking on some of these threads.

Mods can this be moved to the Madden 2018 thread?

8. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Regardless of how they get there if the Bills want to jump us the convo starts at both firsts, both seconds, and a first next year.

phubbadaman and Martin&theJETS like this.