Demario Davis takes $2.7 million pay cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Jun 14, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Guy, you have no idea what you're talking about. Beachum, by all accounts, is similar to Brick in that both are (were in Brick's case) very good pass blockers, and less effective as run blockers. You're gonna wind up eating your words this year both about Beachum and the OL in general.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I thin the OL will actually be pretty good this year but a lot of it depends on Beachum. If Beachum is healthy I can see him returnign to his Steelers days.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Actually, it's
    Open up a 1-2 year window, then take a shot.

4. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't see that as treating him poorly. I didn't call him any names. It isn't personal. He just said a bunch of stuff that had no bearing to reality. If you're gonna say stuff on a sports fan site, you better know what you're talking about. If not, you better verify your facts, or you'll get called on it. That's all I did. IMO it was the proper way to respond to someone who makes an unfactual claim.

If that's too harsh for you, go cry to your mommy.

6. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. I have hopes that Beachum stays healthy and performs to his potential. I don't have much hope at all for the right side of the line. Well, I hope Shell develops into a quality starter, but I don't think it will happen in 2017.

I'll keep my fingers crossed?

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I do think he is a lesser quality player, but I do agree with you. If Harris really wanted to be a Jet and he realized where he was in his career, he could have done what Demario did and taken a pay cut.

K'OB likes this.
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You can teach technique
    You can teach tackling
    You can learn angles

You can't teach speed

9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit.
    You on the other hand, love to lecture from your high horse while calling people names. Then apologize for being harsh. Then lecture from high horse....

Wash rinse bitch repeat

Don't forget to put me on ignore... How dare I challenged you :mad:

BrowningNagle and FJF like this.
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Johnny Lam Jones says hi

edit: Stephen Hill also

Red Menace likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

As of now we now have 24.5mil in cap room. but take away about 6.5 for rookie deals so about 18 mil. crazy since we started the off season over the cap. we also have 19.5mil in dead money as well this season.

Next season we have 66mil plus add in the 18mil carry over and we'll have 84million to spend. Should put us at number 1 for most cap room available. meaning we can keep sheldon if he proves his worth this season and have plenty of money to fill whatever holes we find out we have this season from under performing players.

Walt White likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I sure hope so because if I see him do another stupid "tree pose" after he tackled the guy after 5 yards on their side of the LOS I may need a new tv....

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

What shot would we realistically have in w-3 years with a 41-42 year old QB who has played most of his career in a dome?
    Brees makes no sense for this team.

Freddy Mondo, hwismer and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fuck I forgot about that. So annoying

15. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I know I got a pipe dream, man :)
    The way I see it, next year Jets will have shit load of $$, good D, WR, decent RB.

And likely not very good, or newly drafted QB. In this situation, what are you gonna do with that like of money? NFL says you gotta spend it.

So I say spend it on a vet QB. Gives you a chance to ease in 1st overall QB pick without NY media bitching too much.
    And who knows, maybe that slim chance pans out and washed up QB gives you a run.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The idea in general is not a bad one. I can follow that line of thinking for sure. Just not sure Brees is the right guy. Now if Phillip Rivers or Matt Stafford or someone can become available then yeah for sure, not against that thought at all

FJF likes this.
  17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Of the top of my head I just know that Brees is available, not sure about others.

Is say Rivers is also a warm weather guy. So if you don't like Brees because he is no good in cold, you should apply same to Rivers.

Stafford doesn't have the cold problem, but Stafford won't go for 2 year rental, he is too young to settle into bi-annual rental.

18. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

We started this league year over the cap so have 3 more seasons before we have to hit the 80% required cap spending.
    We don't have much at running back, TE is a question, we need a #1 WR , O line and 2 corners. LB is a question mark, and we have zero depth. We are 2 good drafts away and should be very light shoppers in free agency next year. Realistically, even if every draft pick from the past 2 drafts pan out, were still full of holes on both sides of the ball. The projections being thrown around on this board are way off base. I keep reading we will have $80-90 million in cap space next season, we have close to $50 mill to carry over but those figures are very exaggerated. This is a full rebuild. It's going to take 3 years to become competitive. We should be looking to make the big off season moves at that time. It's going to be rough but I hope Woody keeps his eyes and ears open to the FO and his wallet closed for a while.

Time to embrace the suck.

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

So you're saying my premise is wrong because
    (a) there won't be a barn full of money at the end of this season,
    (b) whatever $$ there will be won't need to be spent in a hurry, and
    (c) roster won't be as ready as I'm making it out to be.

I think I'm a little more optimistic on C than you are. Re first 2 points, I'm not $$ expert (I'm no expert in general :) ) so unless somebody corrects you, I'll take your word for it.

Oh well... like I said, a pipe dream. Betting a load on Qb makes sense only if roster is ready otherwise. I suppose let's evaluate how good it is after this season. Meanwhile, suck it is.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Right now San Fran has $70M to carry over in addition to the $53M they have next year, Cleveland has $60M to add to next years $38M, Raiders have $32M to add to their $52M next year, Texans have $31M to add to $56.5M.

They'll have a lot but not near the most and certainly going to be competition for the top FAs.

GasedAndConfused and TonyFtLaud like this.