Declining the penalty...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by graig.323, Oct 28, 2018.

1. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

I have had enough of this clown. Declining a penalty at the 50 down 7. Should have been second and 20. This fucking idiot believes in his defense to stop a 3rd and 10 against a quarterback who pretty much sucks and can only run. Did the same thing last week and didn't learn. This asshole has to go. They should leave him in Chiacago.

2. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

I am so frustrated every week watching this team constantly get out coached. Bowels is not an NFL head coach. He needs go ASAP. Let someone else coach In the interim give Kevin Greene a shot it honestly can’t be any worse then this guy. I’m so sick of this losing with this guy and his boneheaded desicions and the teams complete lack of discipline with the constant stupid penalty. In all seriousness there hasn’t been a Jets coach this terrible since Rich Kotite.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

You really have to question Bowles's judgment when he believes so much in his defense, and yet his defense can't make the big stops when games are on the line. This, more than anything, reveals his lack of ability.

The Johnsons won't do it, but he should be fired right now. Why defer the inevitable and further set them back?

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The punt with just over 5 mins to do down 2 scores was equally bad.

5. ColoradoContrails

And no hurry up until they got the ball back under 2 minutes!:mad: Why not go to a no huddle even in the first half just to mix things up and put the Bears offstride since nothing else was working? The lack of imagination and creativity on this CS is breathtaking!

6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure that it's inevitable at this point. Fully expecting another extension for Bowles at the end of the season. After all, the players do play hard for him, and that's what's important. To hell with important things like, I don't know, winning football games.

Doreblade, NYJetsO12, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  7. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

All of these decisions were highly questionable. Nothing new in Jetland.

KurtTheJetsFan, Cman68, CBG and 2 others like this.
  8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but with the personnel available, the play calling had to be about protecting Darnold as much as moving the ball. Trying to get everyone on the same page in a hurry up would be near impossible.

tiger8mush, FJF and rohirrim665 like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

Well that would be an explanation, but it still wouldn't excuse it.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that is an insult to Kotite. Even that bonehead Kotite would have put an opposing team in 2nd and 20, and not 3rd and 10. Bowles is an idiot!

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Al Groh had a stacked team in 2000 and only went 9-7. So he may have been as bad as Bowles. But I agree Bowles is worse than Parcells, Edwards, Mangini, and Ryan.

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

How is IT that GM Mike McNuts and the lucky sperm club brothers can't see how stupid Bowles is? I absolutely could not believe Bowl head did not take that penalty and move the bears back? Hey, Todd, what is easier for the bears, getting 10 yards on ONE play, or getting 10 yards on BACK TO BACK plays? The man has NO business coaching an NFL football team. A 6th grade coach would know enough to take that penalty!

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Is there any Jet fan left in this God green earth that thinks TB is remotely capable to be a HC? He is the biggest reason we have made zero progress in 4 years and failed to improve one fucking thing.
    Oh wait, that sounds like whining by a millennium so the BS comments will start.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Seriously, the Johnsons and GM McNuts have to be as stupid as Bowles to believe Bowles will ever take this team anywhere.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The lack of talent and continuity excuses will be what's used to keep Bowles around another year. Nevermind the complete lack of progress on his part in improving as a coach.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I thought it was the Bears who declined the penalty on the Jets. Maybe mixing that up with another play.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The punting late bothers me more.

It's a loser mentality.

This team is harshing my buzz.

KurtTheJetsFan and ConcordeChops like this.
  18. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

These two posts are to me the essence of it all, and why I just can't understand how anyone could support him now. The question is not whether he is the worst coach in the NFL (he isn't, since for one, Shurmur is worse), or whether all of the team's failings are his fault (they're not, since the talent level is low, especially now). It's that (1) there is no evidence to suggest that he is improving in (any of) the ways he is a poor coach, and (2) there is no evidence to suggest that he is capable of leading the team deep in the playoffs and to the Super Bowl. It isn't only that he keeps making the same mistakes over and over; he also keeps defending them to the media and fans in exactly the same way over and over, seemingly incapable of seeing that the fact that his approach consistently fails is telling him that his views are wrong and need to be changed. How can anyone think that it isn't hopeless at this point?

boozer32, Ralebird, NYJetsO12 and 2 others like this.
  19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Feelings...
    Not happy, not glad, but slightly vindicated that now -

90%+ of Jets fans agree with my early and much maligned assessment of this guy, Todd Fucking Bowles.

Love him for dinner or a drink. Hate him as the head football coach. Sorry bro.

GTFO

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Vader

Vader Member

I mean from Bowles POV. Do you trust the offense more than the defense???

tiger8mush and FJF like this.