David Montgomery

Discussion in 'Draft' started by legler82, Sep 4, 2018.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Easily my favorite prospect this year. I hope we somehow are able to land this kid and pair him with Darnold.

2. DefenseWinsChampionships

I love him but if he has another good 2018 season he'll be projected as a 1st round pick.

And since we don't have any 2nd round picks I don't believe he'll ever slide into the 3rd.

Montgomery looks to be awesome prospect but god forbid we miss out on these outside/edge pass rushers and O-Linemen?

Come the 1st round?

To pair Darnold alongside of someone at a skilled player position?

I'd want this kid out of Ole' Miss who's dominating the SEC conference right now in A.J Brown..

Just this pass weekend (week 1)...

Dude is so smooth as a receiver. Makes it look effortlessly.

#2 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 5, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be shocking!

4. Montgomery is very good but illl be shocked if he goes round 1.He looks like more of a day 2 guy to me which is no slight.He has fantastic balance

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

CBS's preseason ranksing had him as the 12th overall prospect. There is a long way to go but he is already on the radar as a high pick.

6. Ive heard him being name dropped a few times but am shocked that hes moving up that high esp w guys like Bryce Love at the same position and all those top heavy Edge/OL

Bares watching.

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

They had Montgomery at 12, Justice Hill at 18, Love at 22 and Damien Harris at 25. Thats a lot of highly regarded running backs for this year, but those ranks will all change by the end of the year anyway.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The laugh is on me. I thought that Iowa State's nickname is "The Shockers." I would swear that I've heard them referred to by that nickname, but see that they're the "Cyclones." I thought I was making a pun on the Iowa St. nickname.

9. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Dominating the SEC, after 1 game against Texas Tech? We will see if he dominates after Week 3 against Bama!

10. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

After week 3 against Bama:-

Stock Down: Ole Miss Wide Receiver A.J. Brown

A.J. Brown will dominate poor competition, but when facing a Georgia, Alabama or LSU, he's yet to show himself as a big-game playmaker. That's a concern for the 6'1", 225-pounder, who at times disappears and struggles to play the physical brand of ball that should be his calling card. Brown looked like a potential Michael Thomas-like prospect over the summer, but he might be trending closer to Ole Miss' 2016 first-rounder, Laquon Treadwell.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-is-truly-a-2-man-class?utm_source=newsletter