David Bass Re-Signed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, May 3, 2018.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Good news ! loved his play could care less about Ealy but really wanted David back ...

Guess Mac was waiting until after the draft and since we didn't get much OLB help he decided to sign him

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Bass is a case of Macc being able to find talent without a ton of resources. Did he even start the season on the roster? He played pretty well for us given what he was asked to do. Same with Terrence Brooks. When Macc has NFL film on a guy and goes after him, it usually turns out pretty well. That's why I have a bit of faith that the OL situation is going to be better than we expect it to be.

Then again, there's a Rashard Robinson for every Kony Ealy.

NCJetsfan and LAJet like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That's terrific bass!
    [​IMG]

FJF and LF911SC like this.
  4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Bass-O-Matic!

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Especially since they added nothing via the draft, this was a good move. Although I thought he should have been resigned regardless. Still an underwhelming group obviously, but he's a good resign. Hopefully he can take a step forward too

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm happy. I know we are still missing a feared OLB, but I'm hopeful that with the better secondary, with two top CB and eventually even a new nickel back, we will gain a few more seconds of coverage to help the rushers. With some added disruption from Shepard on the DL, Leo should get more penetration as well as Jenkins.
    In my opinion this is a pivotal year for Lee and expect big things.

7. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Well after we lost out on our #1 priority free agent, pass rushing superstar Benson Mayowa, we had to do something.

All jokes aside, Bass did well in a few games last season, although I don't remember him impacting many games aside from Weeks 3 and 4. He kinda disappeared shortly thereafter. He could very well be our best outside pass rusher because Jenkins is a run stuffer/edge setter (a good one, but not much else) Donahue is a huge question mark (no idea if he's even out of rehab), Mauldin hasn't lived up to the hype and didn't play at all last season and no one else has really earned any sort of time on the field.

Jets69 and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Good move. Our edge rushing options are pretty terrible, and Bass did show some upside last season

9. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

David Bass. Sounds like a lawyer, not a football player.