Darnold Will Blow Up The Tank Job

Discussion in 'Draft' started by boozer32, Jul 5, 2017.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Romo won how many superbowls?
    How many playoff games did he lose for Dallas?

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The difference being jerry was hitting on draft picks so there was something left to build around. From Rex and Tanny through Rex and idzic there just have been to many misses to not end up with a season like what's coming.
    Also those veterans mac cut were all here last year for a non competitive 5-11. Not sure why keeping them means we would be competitive.

3. FJF

Warren moon, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly must not have been fqb's either than.
    Seriousl, that has to be the stupidest argument I have seen in a qb thread. I feel rage now over how dumb you are for either believing that argument or using it in spite of the fact that you know it is dumb. Or are you going to claim sarcasm now that you been called on it?

K'OB likes this.
  4. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

You can't compare the Jets situation to the Cowboys. The Cowboys had Tony Romo. Do we have a Romo on the team? They had the stud at QB already, they are not in the situation the Jets are in where we have complete dog poop at QB.

Red Menace likes this.
  5. Glenn G

Glenn G Member

Oh my God. Was this a troll? Set at QB with Fitz? Did anyone actually think we were set?

Red Menace likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Now, I haven't been a big fan of Mac, but during his tenure when did you see the opportunity to fix the offensive line?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_Draft

2015 - Ereck Flowers is trash, and this draft class wasn't all that great in terms of prospects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NFL_Draft

Mac, tried to trade up for Tunsil but failed. Also, the other 2 prospects weren't available OTC. Tunsil plays guard, but Conklin from the Titans is a beast. Really wish we got him.

Last draft, was one of the worst for lineman prospects in a decade. So you can't fully blame Mac on this one specifically, you don't take a lineman just to take one, there have been so many busts at the top. I actually applaud Mac for standing pat and taking the BPA.

Sure, the Jets could've thrown a bunch of cash at a LT, but not sure whom.

Brook!, Red Menace and FJF like this.
  7. You're kind of making my point for me w. your very first paragraph. Our OL did not suck at all in Fitz's first year. In fact they gave up the FEWEST SACKS in the entire NFL.Additionally Chris Ivory made the pro bowl running for 1070 yards in 15 games..one of which was the finale in which he played extremely sparingly. So why did we fall short? Well Fitz showed his true colors in the big spot & our WR corps was extremely weak after Decker/Marshall. We had zero Tight end production & no answer for deep zone coverages that took away the outside WR tandem. A threat down the seam, a short area guy, or a check down RB was desperately needed..but like always the Jets lacked something in the skills department. Just like 08-12 & 00-05 when we had well regarded OL's. Ya know what's funny about looking back? There were "OL guys" on this board during both those eras that were STILL clamoring for early OL help in the draft. Perfection up front is not possible unless you're the mid 90's Cowboys.

As for Brady, who among any of their OL from 02 to present is a hall of famer? Logan Mankins would be the prime candidate but he likely falls short. They've had more below average lines than above average to be honest. Matt light was a good player but he got beat like a drum by elite rushers like Feeney,John Abraham & even Shaun Ellis. Nate Solder is a good player but I don't think anyone is calling him dominant.

Brady has been under pressure seemingly his whole career. He takes a ton of big hits. That's one of the things that has made him great. His longevity & ability to take a beating & keep on ticking. The Patriots OL only furthers my original point. They have a very well regarded long time OL coach..they make sure they have acouple of anchors to build around(Light,Mankins,Volmer, Solder) bring in heady guys who fit their prototype & emphasize cohesion. In other words they find the right mix. They've made 2 first round OL picks in that timeframe. Mankins & Solder. The rest has come in later rounds or other avenues.I would argue that during the whole cheating era the Jets DL have easily had the best of the Patriots OL. We've given Brady some major beatdowns. Didn't make a difference in the W-L column though.

I'm not arguing how important a line is. I'm arguing how elusive,difficult & overrated building a DOMINANT line is. A good OL can be built outside of 1st round selections. Perhaps the same can be said for skill positions..but the way the game is going given a choice between a below average OL & a porous skill corps...I'll take the below average OL b.c if my coach/scheme/cohesion is sound...they can outperform their individual projections.

8. tbruner12

Feel all the rage you want.
    Truth is truth, and you aren't hitting it.
    You showed your stupidity by putting Romo in the class of HOFers, not me. Get real dude. Have a clue. Do you or have you ever watched football?

9. tbruner12

I guess you believe that the team was built around Romo?
    You must be joking, he put up good stats due to what was around him, not what they built around him.

10. tbruner12

Jets management obviously thought so. They did resign him to another one year contract, it wasn't Boozer.

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You seriously believe what you have just typed ?

You really believe the Jets thought they were "set" at QB with Fitz, this will be why they didn't offer him the big deal he was wanting, if they truly thought they would have been set then they would have offered him his 16m and he would have been in camp from day 1.

12. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I didn't realise the Cowboys OL was that old, I mean Romo had only been at the Cowboys since 2003, you seriously think they didn't consider their FQB when making any draft decisions since 2006 ?

FJF likes this.
  13. FJF

How many sb's did those qbs I listed win?
    That's your logic bro.

Red Menace likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You should really just stop.

FJF and Red Menace like this.
  15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Yes, they were set at the QB position! Guy you need to look at Romos career before making these type of comments.

If Hack can be a 9 year starter with a career 97.1 percent career passer rating, take the team to 4 playoffs while dealing with back problems and concussion issues, I'll take that if I can't get a Manning type of QB.

I don't t know if your trying to discredit Dak or Romo with your last sentence, the fact that a rookie 4th rounder accomplished what he did is either a compliment or an indictment, if it's an indictment then Dak is not that good, if it's a compliment the Romo did a good job as an NFL starter.

In my opinion Romo is not a HOF by any means, but the NFL has a second tier level of QBs and he is definitely in that second tier, also I hate the Cowboys, it was not easy for me to give them that compliment.

K'OB, 101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  16. tbruner12

Not true at all pertaining to NE O-lines. They may not have HOF people but who does? I didn't say a hall of fame line personnel wise.
    Brady doesn't take a beating, get real. You sound like Gisel. He has been one of the least injured over a 17 year career. The Jets have only found the right mix a few times in the team history. Fitz first year wasn't one. Brick was on his way out justifiably so, Mangold followed. The rest is shit and has been since the two were young.
    Brady's offense in the early and past his mid years were based around balance and ball control, which takes the right 5-8 guys on the line every year. The Pats never let their line suffer. Don't try to down play it, while spinning ours as good to aid your argument. There is way more technique and playbook knowledge in O-line play than you realize I guess. Their job is extremely mental, and way more taxing physically than QB's. There are way more HOF Skill players than O-linemen for a reason. They are just as hard to come by, and their careers are much shorter and far more injury prone. Losing Mangold this season will probably cause all of our QB's to get killed this year.

17. tbruner12

What I said is self explanatory.
    There was a reason Romo didn't do much. Him and Nacho won how many playoff games? Romo is a product of his surroundings, more so than his surroundings being a product of him.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Woody, Bowels and Macc did and they laid out the 12 million to back it up.

19. boozer32

I agree about the complete dog poop but Romo was very old and wasn't taking the Cowboys anywhere. Plus he was getting injured every year and when he did play couldn't get them to the show.

tbruner12 likes this.
  20. boozer32

Because you need someone on your team that seen some formations before or could read a defense. You also need a WR that you could go to in the clutch. We had two of them in Marshall and Decker. Watch Marshall have a great year and finally make it to the playoffs. Then you will see the arrows start pointing back at Bowles and how he lost the locker room and didn't have a clue about X's & O's.

tbruner12 likes this.