Darnold was the jets guy all along, They were shocked he fell. full details of the war room

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, May 3, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

exactly. it's the coaching staffs job to do the best with what he has. bowles has been playing chess without a queen for a long time. If darnold pans out, we'll see a real offense for sure. In the same sense, it sucks we had like 10 diferent corrdinators over the past decade all due to poor QB play and it being easier to replace the OC. i'm hoping the staff we have now can stay together. we need continuity but it'll depnd greatly on a 20 year old right now

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Bam

It really is tough to draw a conclusion from one play about a man when you look around the rest of the league, especially over the years, when every single HC ever could be second guessed often through out their careers.

But that's what happens when the media creates a narrative about one single play and the outrage sets in among some fans when the hook is set deep. Gimme a break

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

IDK seahawks idea to pass on 2nd and goal from the 1 with lynch as a RB was a pretty dam bad play call. worse then bowles ever made and the hawks still won a SB before

Walt White likes this.
  4. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Darnold is going to play this year. Probably at least half the season if not more. He has to - you can't leave these guys on the bench for seasoning anymore, they have to be thrown into the fire right away. The days of Pennington sitting for 2 years before starting are over, Rodgers, etc. No experience like game experience and Darnold is young ... hell in 5 years he'll be 26! My God. The possibilities are truly mesmerizing.

5. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

Darnold was everbody's #1 until Cleveland Fucked up. The Jets get lucky for once!!!
    Cleveland could have went Barkley and the Rosen, and been set for a decade..... But that's why they are Cleveland.

stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Bingo. Bowles let Gailey do whatever he wanted.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I’m still shocked Cleveland didn’t go exactly that way.

They KNEW they were getting one of the top 3 QBs at 4, why not a franchise QB AND a franchise RB?

Oh well, finally a stroke of good luck for us.

Still can’t believe it.

themorey, tbruner12 and stinkyB like this.
  8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

It could have been that Cleveland only had 2 QB's that high on their board. Rosen seemed to make people wary with his attitude and I think only the Bills had Allen anywhere near top of round 1. So If Cleveland takes Barkley, the Giants most likely take Darnold, we get Baker, and Cleveland is left with the choice that they feel is not best at the most Important position in the game.

While I don't agree with taking Ward over Chubb, Cleveland still got two players they feel were at the top of the position groups in this class. They just didn't fall into the over drafting a RB trap.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. Rollo Tomassi

Still so many variables. Maybe the Giants take Chubb? Maybe we like Rosen more than Baker? Maybe Cleveland didn’t value the RB position all that highly.

Doesn’t matter as it worked out perfectly for us but it truly was an interesting dynamic at the top of the board.

Harpua likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I read a rumor that the reason that Rosen dropped like a stone was neurological test results. And while the thing I read doesn't quote specific sources, it was the only one to accurately predict the Browns drafting Mayfield and Ward at 1 and 4, and did it like a month in advance.

themorey and Harpua like this.
  11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh I agree it was perfect for us. I could not be happier with the results of this draft.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That's very interesting. Any chance you remember the site at all? I'd love to read it.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a forum. Browns fans are still trying to figure if the guy is legit or not. I usually just blow this type of stuff off on general principle but reading it was kind of convincing to me.

Take it for what it's worth, a message board poster who claims to have a brother in law somehow affiliated with the organization... scroll about a third of the way down, the poster's nick is Mind Character:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/...other-serious-browns-draft-rumblings/?page=15

MoWilkBeast and Harpua like this.
  14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Thx I’ll check it out!

15. Rollo Tomassi

Interesting that guy was convinced the Giants would go Darnold if the Browns went Mayfield.

Still can’t understand either of them passing on Darnold.

Eli has maybe a year left of acceptable productivity left, they could have been set up for another 12 years at QB.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that guy nailed it. Nobody saw Mayfield AND Denzel Ward coming

17. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Nailed it on March 30th none the less. Very impressive.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

The interesting thing is apparently his BIL apparently works for the giants (according to him) not the browns. but he had the giants pick wrong. he had the giants taking darnold. I'll give him a pass on the rest though because the rest was just his guessing.

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

:D:D

RexontheBeach likes this.
  20. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member