Sam Darnold (Main Darnold thread)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Goddammit this is a Jets Forum.

Can we stop with the livestock jokes?

When does it end?

Enjoy your vacation.

Ralebird likes this.
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Goat= Greatest of All Time. Stop.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We can all use a vacation after this game.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

This is a serious forum.

Jokes of this nature should be met with swift and merciless retribution.

5. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

I hope so. I have some serious doubts about Darnold, but I’d love to be proven wrong.

6. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

This is exactly what Darnold doesn't need... He's a kid..... He doesn't need supposed know it all's ripping him a new one. Shit games are going to happen when your 20, have a Shit oline, no playmakers, a idiot for a OC... We need to be patient, and surround him with a line and some weapons... We do that and he should be ok

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Grasshopper I so appreciate that you asked. That shows enormous growth on your part.

I understand why we drafted him. I also understand when we drafted him he was a project. 21 very little college experience. Still he was top 1 or 2 QB on every NFL draft board. Couple that with the surrounding talent, expectations vs. actual performance, the "eye test" means squat. His performance shouldn't surprise anyone who is more than a casual fan of pro-football. The NFL is littered with HOF QB's who struggled early in their careers and that was before the 2011 CBA which made it radically harder to develop young players but created a huge incentive to actually play them to speed it up. It could be that we are hurting Sam by playing him at this young age with his inexperience. He's demeanor says otherwise. He seems pretty calm and professional to me. I don't see that he's mentally rattled although he clearly sucks right now.

To your second point that because the Jets drafted Sam he will suck in the future. This point is actually a good one and goes to Jets Karma. More likely is Sam will be dysfunctional for the Jets and after multiple OC's and systems will end up being traded for a 5th, sit for a year and end up having a HOF career under Lincoln Riley the new head coach of division rival Miami. (fear the dark side grasshopper)

The guy is 21, he's working his ass off to improve and the coaching staff is working like dogs to help him. Learning and improving is rarely linear. The team can't upgrade the O talent around him until the offseason. I'm hopeful they will. If you can't see why he was drafted and why he is struggling think about it. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns grasshopper. I apologize in advance for my faith in Sam's future despite the fact that he's wearing a NY Jets uniform.

8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Our offensive coordinator doesn't understand how to draw up plays containing any of these things. Every single on of our playcalls is designed on average wide receivers winning 1 on 1 matchups every game. Nothing is complimentary to each other, Bates is a JOKE of a coordinator and it is even more of a joke that we fired Morton for this garbage. Folks, there is a reason why he was fired after one season in his first stint as an OC.

9. dmarz45

dmarz45 Well-Known Member

I was at the game today. Darnold looked like Sanchez out there. Change my mind

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Thank you sensei

11. dmarz45

I’ll be the guy saying I told u so. Darnold is trash. I don’t care if he’s 21. Make a fucking play bro

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Peyton Manning looked Sanchez-esque his rookie year with a terrible team around him. The difference is Sanchez looked like Sanchez in his third and fourth year when he should have had the experience and skill level to overcome the deficiencies around him.

Which one of those more closely resembles the situation Darnold finds himself in? Rookie with a terrible supporting cast or experienced QB who should be a difference maker at his stage of career?

13. dmarz45

Fuck it I’ll be the first one to say it... I don’t trust gingers...

14. cbman13

Thats true but that's using logic and that's not allowed

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I think Darnold is going to have a fantastic career. And win a lot of games for the Jets. This is just part of the process. Before you get a sharp blade it needs to be pounded on the anvil for awhile I guess.

Also I think if he was getting a little more help things wouldn't look as shaky as they have the last couple weeks. I mean they can't even snap him the ball consistently. I think he's hanging in there about as well as can reasonably be expected all things considered.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

You say it like you hope to get the opportunity.

HomeoftheJets and NYJetsO12 like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

OMG! On his best day Geno couldn't compare favorably to Sam!

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He wasn't stepping into his throws because he was getting immediate pressure.

Jets81 likes this.
  19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I don’t think people really grasp how bad the Jets OL actually is. If they don’t get it now, they never will.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. cbman13

It's deeper than the OL..... It's that way with the offense as a whole

Pepsiguy5 likes this.