Daniel Jeremiah's top 50 prospects for 2017 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by RubenDias, Jan 18, 2017.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

If he falls in our laps at the top of round two it would be like hitting the lottery.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I have a bad feeling that Macc is going to get "cute" and draft another "gem" for the "D". The only "D" pick he should make in the 1st round is if Garrett somehow falls through to us. Other than that, he should grab Watson, Kubisky, or Kizer, Failing that, Fournette.

3. James Hasty

Don't kid yourself our defense needs all the help it can get.

Also the value and depth in this draft is at OLB, S, and CB.

BomberJet, ajax and Matty Jets like this.
  4. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

I wouldn't be shocked to see Hooker go #1 if the Browns keep their pick.

5. James Hasty

Unless they trade down Garret looks like a done deal.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree, especially regarding Kizer. If he takes Kizer at #6 I will want him fired before the next team picks.

The offense definitely needs to be addressed, but imo not at the cost of taking a lesser player. Trubisky is definitely a lesser player. Kizer isn't even in the same area code. Depending upon who is there at #6, Watson and Fournette could quite possibly be lesser players as well.

BomberJet likes this.
  7. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Hoping we take Hooker or Adams. You can't overvalue a great safety.

8. James Hasty

Like QBs safeties can be difficult to evaluate in the draft. Unless you are talking about a freak like Sean Taylor it could be a high risk / high reward kind of pick.

If Garret doesn't drop I would really like to trade down in this draft.

9. ColoradoContrails

Yes you can.

James Hasty likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

It depends on how Kizer (and Watson, et. al.) grade out with more scrutiny. I'm holding onto my opinion that if they can get their FQB at #6 they should do it. At this point I think that guy is Watson, less convinced its Trubisky or Kizer. If Watson isn't there, I hope Fournette or Cook are and I would take either - at this point I don't know who would be better, I go back and forth. The other exception I would make is if Garrett falls, which he won't. After we improve the offense with a new QB or stud RB, then the BPA for RB (if not already picked), OL, Edge, DB.

The defense isn't as bad as the offense, so that dictates what we should focus on. And no, I'm NOT saying draft a guy on offense who sucks just because we need one, but IMO Watson and Fournette/Cook are the real deal. Moreover, if you pick OLB, DB early when this draft is deep in them, but not as deep in QBs, you lower your chances of improving the most important position on the team.

11. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

what i dont understand is how teams throwed the ball on ohio state ive been watching film on gareon conley , marshon lattimore and malik hooker are very good players , makes no sense .

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No way no how for Kubitsky or Kiser, Fournette is my choice but happy with S, CB or OLB. There is some serious defensive talent we could use and get rid of our God awful secondary scrubs.

13. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Probly a bunch of short throws that went for some good gains cause very few corners can actually tackle in this draft lol

14. RubenDias

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Only options for Jets at 6 are Hooker, Adams, Williams, Davis, Foster, Watson, Mahomes imo. A trade down opens more possibilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. RubenDias

17. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  18. RubenDias

I start to like and understand the malik hooker pick our corners so bad that you need a deep safety with elite speed to make up for it.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  19. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The drop off in talent for the FS position is astronomical in this draft. Budda Baker is really good, but he's no where near as athletic and rangy as Hooker. A good FS prospect can mask a lot of secondary issues. The knock on Hooker is his inexperience, but he's a speedy athletic ballhawk that can track the ball down and has the instincts needed to play the game. Make him a better tackler with technique and repetition, and you have yourself an All Pro FS for the next 8 to 10 yrs. The Jets could still go get another CB in the draft in the later rounds, your secondary is then pretty much rebuilt, just needs depth. Seahawks did exactly that too.

Jets can still grab a really good TE in the 2nd round, the talent drop-off isn't as HUGE as the FS position, but with Howard being so damn athletic and polished, it's hard to not say no to him at 6 too. Go for QB in 2018 and you have a young defense along with a young QB. No better combination to compete IMO.

Continue to build and in 2019, the Jets maybe in the limelight and in prime position to truly compete for something special. That's the 3 year plan the Jets need right now IMO.