Dallas Cowboys Sign WR Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by AMJets, Mar 16, 2006.

1. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

who couldnt see this coming?

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How long do you think Parcells will put up with TO's BS? It might last ONE season tops. Especially if the Boyz don't make a splash this year..

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Please, please, please let the Eagles destroy the Cowboys in Philadelphia this season so bad that McNabb comes out of the game and Garcia plays the 4th quarter. Oh, how Owens would love it.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Parcells will rip TO's head off the first instant that he causes locker room troubles. Parcells doesn't deal with that sh*t.

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Should be interesting to see how Parcells and Jones handle him.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

hope he has fun complaining with bledsoe..

this should be funny:lol:

so when will he start bitching guys?

i'm aiming for week 2 he'll start

7. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Dallas has bought a ticket to the Super Bowl.Another Super Bowl Sunday without my favorite team the Jets.

8. Go_Eli

Go_Eli New Member

Disagree with that. Still have offensive line troubles and a Bledsoe thats a year older.

9. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Bledsoe can still throw the ball.Parcells will find ways to fix any and all troubles that exist.He may even bring back Jumbo Elliott.

10. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

How would that help them? Hasn't he been retired for two years, and is probably closing in on 40?

11. NYJalltheway

dude...
    it's parcells...ITS PARCELLS!

he'll make the team like superman you know..

12. wexy

wexy Member

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'm not sure they'll win their division. Then again, Pittsburgh was not a division winner last season.

14. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

"shut up shut up shut up shut up SHUT UP"

-Bill Parcells

That's REALLY handling the troops attitudes.

15. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker New Member

To me it sounds like desperation, but it's hard to be objective when you're a Skins fan. I look at it this way... if WE had signed him, the league would laugh itself silly ranting about Snyder X 10. PFT metioned Parcells not showing up at the press conference as a bad sign, but Cowgirl insiders claim that it's just his style. You guys would know that better than I.

I'm wildly curious to see how Parcells handles any flare ups. I just can't imagine even Terrel getting in Bill's craw. Either way, that's must-see TV!

I dunno... the release of Meshawn seemed kinda tactless as a prelude to the announcement. I've heard rumors that this was all arranged behind the scenes before TO's release from Philly, but the Beagles can't file tampering charges because they in turn tampered with LeCharles in Charge.

If the ladies only knew what a soap opera the NFL truly was... :rofl:

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

If Bill Parcells can't get Owens to stop his BS, then it is officially impossible for Owens to ever be mature.

17. NYJalltheway

he'll whine and bitch for 2 years, maybe 3> then retire

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is for the two geniuses that think the Cowboys are Super Bowl bound:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TUNA'S T.O. SILENCE IS DEAFENING

With each passing hour, the failure of Cowboys coach Bill Parcells to say something/anything about the team's acquisition of receiver Terrell Owens will be interpreted by league insiders -- and most importantly the other players on his team -- as the absence of an endorsement of the decision of owner/G.M. Jerry Jones to throw a lasso around a maverick with a belly full of loco weed.

As one league source who watched the video of the press conference told us, "If Parcells was onboard he either would have been there or at least had a prepared statement. When Owens was asked what Parcells had said to him he basically admitted he really hadn't talked to him. Now don't you think that if Parcells really wanted him he would have at least had a conversation or two with him?"

And in response to the various Cowboys fans who reminded us that Parcells hasn't attended any of the press conferences introducing new players in his three seasons with the team, this one is a little bit different, don't ya think?

At a bare minimum, there should have been something from Parcells to indicate his imprimatur of this specific personnel move.

As we explained last night, there are players who are not inclined to welcome Owens onto the team, and they are interpreting the Tuna's silence as a license to dislike the entire situation.

end of story

Parcells isn't going to be coaching the Cowboys next year, and it will happen after they miss the playoffs in 2006.

#38 abyzmul, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  19. DrShrinker

DrShrinker New Member

This move boggles the mind...Unless TO has had a soul transplant, I cannot imagine how this can last. What happens when Parcells starts ranting at TO in practice? What happens when Bledsoe throws a few errant passes in a critical game? Dallas must be more desperate to win than I thought. This could be fun to watch. :grin:

20. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

A. Owens doesnt guarentee a Super Bowl, especially on a team with shit at QB
    B. How the hell would Dallas getting to the Super Bowl mean the Jets can't get there? They play in different conferences.