Cutler or Romo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Red 1, Nov 29, 2016.

1. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

Romo is an infinitely better option than Cutler for one or two years. He's got the 3rd best passer rating of all time, and having basically two seasons off is the closest thing you're gonna get to a clean bill of health for a 37 year old NFL QB.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

We'll see how it all shakes out. Right now the only positions we don't need to touch are defensive line (3-4 defensive lineman) and wide receiver.

The thing that really sucks is that despite drafting two true outside linebackers with our draft picks in the first three rounds, we still need to fill a spot with a dynamic pass rusher. That's the type of strategy you're alluding to, but our situation at the position is what sets is back.

If Mauldin would've turned into even a 6-8 sack guy, we probably wouldn't even consider taking another one. Jenkins looks like nothing more than what Coples was too. Good run defender and that's about it.

This draft will likely define Maccagnan. He's getting one more than Idzik and roster wise the team is in a much better spot, while the cap is not. We'll see how it all pans out I guess.

3. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

It means if the choices for bridge QB are Romo or Cutler, then the better fit is Cutler instead of Brokeback Romo. Add to that Mac would have to trade for him. NO THANKS.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

He's also a proven loser with a career 68-71 record, only two seasons where he was over .500, one season at 8-8 and the rest under .500.

Romo's career record is 78-49 and he's finished above .500 6 times in his career, two 8-8's and one season under .500 (1-5 in 2010).

Cutler's teammates mostly have bad things to say about him, and he doesn't get along with our #1 receiver. He often ostracizes his teammates before taking accountability for his shitty play.

- He's thrown 29 more interceptions/34 more fumbles in only 12 more starts.
    - He's the easiest quarterback to strip sack in the league because of where he holds the ball in his delivery.
    - He completes 4% less of his passes than Romo and has thrown 39 less touchdowns in 12 more starts.
    - Romo has 30 game winning drives/25 4th quarter comes backs vs. Cutler's 25 game winning drives/21 4th quarter comebacks.

No thanks to Cutler. He's a locker room cancer on top of it all. There's no comparison.

#64 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  5. playtowinthegame

Bottom line Brokeback Romo is way too fragile to play for the Jets. I doubt Mac will trade for him. Another thing, I've always viewed Romo as a choke artist come playoff time. No fucking thanks to that.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Cutler is 1-1 in his only two playoff games completing 50% of his passes, throwing for 177 yards/game, 2 TDs/1 interception.

Romo is 2-4, completing 61% of his passes, 219.3 yards/game, with 8 touchdowns/2 interceptions.

He hasn't been stellar, but he's played better than people give him credit for. You have to get there to choke. Cutler doesn't even get there and infamously sat out the second half of one score playoff game with a fucking sprained knee. Talk about a guy I don't want leading my franchise.

7. playtowinthegame

All those stats don't change the simple fact that Romo is too fragile to play here.

8. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

NO and NOer....

PennyRoyal10 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Not to mention that this team is not one healthy Romo away from going over the top...so why spend the money?

Cman68 likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Cutler would be a very bad choice for this team. It's obvious they are lacking some leadership and desire on this team. Bringing in a person like Cutler who is the quintessential douche who doesn't give a shit would be a disaster.

Romo, I could live with but I don't really want him either mainly because of his health, age, and the cost to get him. But if the choices are only between Cutler & Romo, obviously Romo

11. Hectorfor3

Hectorfor3 Active Member

Oh man, either one of these can not happen. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse then this is mentioned???

The Jets currently have two recently drafted quarterbacks that could be playing in these last 5 useless games to get evaluated and gain experience (and maybe give us something meaningful to watch). Instead the boneheaded coach decides to play Fitz to strive for that 5-11 record we had all hoped for. Honestly, in my book the decision to continue to start Fitz for no discernible reason should cost Bowles his job. Simply inexcusable.

A real organization would use every second of these games for the long term benefit of the franchise.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Choosing our QB based on who Brandon Marshall likes on a personal level worked really well last time

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Also, fuck Jay Cutler. Stay away from my team.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. playtowinthegame

Since when does Romo put a team "over the top"? Bottom line, when the pressure is on Romo is a choker in the playoffs, he would cost a lot, and he's fragile.

15. PickSix

Never said he would. Pointing out it would take a not-fragile Romo for a GOOD team to even begin to consider bringing in someone that old at that money (ie Manning, Broncos). This is not that team, Romo is not that player, so all this Romo talk is redundant to begin with.

16. playtowinthegame

Romo will never take a team to the Super Bowl let alone win one, even if he goes to Denver.

17. PickSix

Never said that either, the point I was.....

Oh fuck it, enjoy the game!

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'll take Cutler. Yes, he has struggled, but he is a decent QB. The people who say No to Cutler literally don't realize how bad the QB situation is.

19. Jetmart15

Jetmart15 New Member

Neither!!!!

We need to get Foles or Glennon in, to compete with Hack and Petty. This means we go full rebuild, forget about being a contender for a couple of years.

Better to be a long time contender, model ourselves like the Pats, stop overpaying for the likes of Revis and Wilkerson, much better than striving for an all out assault one year, which hasn't worked well, when Favre was here and also last season when we went 10-6.

Won't be pretty for a few years, but if the re-moulded shows promise at the start, we can all live with that, after all Tom Brady will not be around forever.

20. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Geno is still out there...