Cutler or Romo

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Big Red 1, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Big Red 1

Big Red 1 New Member

You all know what's coming down the pipe Jets fans. I guarantee one of these guys starting here next year.....my guess is Cutler is our starting QB next season..... who do you want between these two and why?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If it has to be, romo. better attitude, less baggage and chances are he is done in 3 weeks.

3. Garrison Nauman

Garrison Nauman Active Member

would prefer cutler except the questions it would raise with brandon. I personally think hes really talented and a change of scenery could do him well

Bellows1 likes this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

I'd take Tebow over Romo

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Romo is a better player, but the threat of injury is just too great.

Royal Tee likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Neither of them are coming here, they know better and both will have better options to choose from.

I believe Chicago might keep Cutler and just draft some oline help, we think the jets have a bad oline, the Bears is terrible.

That leaves Romo and I believe he will go to either Denver or San Francisco.

The jets will go into next season with Petty, a backup that's cheap, could be Fitz at a discounted rate and Hack as their 3rd Qb, and either Petty, the cheap back up, again could be Fitz at a discount, will win the starting job.

One thing is for sure, if this CS is still around they will screw up the QB situation.

#6 Red Menace, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Fitz is the perfect fit for this morbund franchise. This overly assured, barely passable quarterback-equavalent of "The Peter Principle." That's Ryan Fitzpatrick for you. The man who is confident in an ability he doesn't have, playing for a team that can't provide a better alternative. We deserve to ride aboard this Flying Dutchman to NFL Hell together. And Bowles is the helm having cursed the Heavens.....

#7 pdxdrew, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    SOJAZ, Fred Mertz, JDeacon and 3 others like this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to have a negative perspective, I'm trying to look at it from a GMs position. If Fitz agent realizes that there is no market for his player. Which I don't think there will be one, he might offer Fitz services at a relative discount.'

Who is out there that the Jets can sign as a backup for 2 or 3 million dollars? Fitz realizes that this might be his last chance to bank a couple of million dollars to take care of his family.

If Petty is not the guy, then what are the jets left with? Hack?

I don't believe this CS wants him as a backup next year, they haven't even started tinkering with his mechanics yet, by their admission.

This QB situation does not look good for next year.

Granted, all of this is based on this CS being retained by Woody.

9. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

I think Romo is a strong possibility because I could see Siemian gaining enough traction on Denver to move them off of Romo. I assume Cutler would be the fallback of Romo goes elsewhere. Those worried about Fitz starting next season, no chance, he will be cut.

10. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

Chicago thought a change of scenery would do him good too...

11. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

That's my biggest issue with Cutler. He's failed with two teams, and no coach has ever figured him out. Many have tried. He's like a poor man's Favre, and that's not a good thing

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  12. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

You only bring in an old guy when he is the final piece to putting you over the top (Manning, Broncos). This isn't the team. Go full rebuild and see what the kids can do.

13. snoopdogg01

snoopdogg01 New Member

Romo is interesting to me. I think with a better QB and offense we could take a serious jump in record next year.

Cutler... I'd rather sign JaMarcus Russell than Cutler.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

None of the above. I'd rather bring in a Nick Foles, Case Keenum or Brian Hoyer for a year to backup Petty or compete for the starting job. If the shit blows up next year then tank and focus on drafting Lamar Jackson or Josh Rosen in 2018.

Jetmart15 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Can we stay away from stupid flashy moves like this and try to legitimately build a franchise the correct way rather than New York Yankeein it in a salary cap league?

The answer is no. No we can't.

So let's at least get Romo so there's no locker room blow ups and T.O. type of meltdowns mid season.

FJF likes this.
  16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Romo 》》》》》Cutler

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I vote for "None of the above". There is no QB available as an upcoming FA or trade possibility that will make the Jets contenders, so the only real path is to develop their own. They need to find out if Petty or Hackenburg is that guy, and if not, find someone in the draft that could be. Based on what I've seen of Petty (admittedly not much), I haven't seen a bust, so if he can at least be decent, they could focus on upgrading the RB situation which would do wonders at making the QB look much better - how much better would they be with someone like C. Martin as RB?

Jetmart15 likes this.
  18. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Romo behind this line = IR midway through the preseason

Not that I'd like either. Just saying.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

To be fair, we've given up the 8th least amount of sacks in the NFL at 22, and only surrendered 1 sack to the Rams with Aaron Donald and friends, 1 sack to the Bills (#2 in the NFL in sacks), and 1 sack to the Cardinals (#6 in the NFL w/ their ears pinned back the whole second half).

After looking into all of that, it's solidified the fact that nearly this entire season has been on the quarterback, offensive playcalling, and the secondary, compounded with horrible coaching through and through. Pass protection has been the least of our problems really.

I don't want Romo, but I guess I could live with it if it gives Hackenberg another full season to prepare.

I want nothing to do with Cutler. With that being said, we're now definitely going to end up with Cutler.

Martellus or Michael Bennett said it best in their dual interview (I forget which one said it). He's a loser. He's a 'leader' because the coaches make him a captain. The definition of a toxic player.

westiedog1 and Footballgod214 like this.
  20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

My impression was Shitz was taking the pounding in the backfield - I'd like to know if there is any stat regarding the average time Shitz has with the ball in the backfield. [He was sidelined for a game this season if anything, and he did take the pounding in the backfield last season as well.]

But maybe you are correct - but then it's not like we didn't know Fitzpatrick's limitations at the start of the season.

=========================================================================

Since OL is least of the worries, then I'd like to see what Petty has during the next few games. This season is about over anyway.