CUTLER is #1 QB on Mick Mayock's list

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Al Dorow, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

I don't know much about this Cutler guy, but he's getting alot of love lately from NFL draft anylists. Mike Mayock of NFL Network has him at #1. If this is true, we are GUARTENTEED a fresh, young, top flight passer in Aprils draft. I believe Lienert is going #2 to New Orleans. This would leave us with either Cutler or Young. Although I'm rooting for Young due to his exciting playmaking abilities, I think we will have a shining star behind center for years to come. I can't wait for the draft!!!!

#1 Al Dorow, Feb 22, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  2. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Friend of mine said that he heard a local sports talk show guy calling Cutler the next Dan Marino.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

so in other words, we won't get him

4. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

You betcha!

5. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

who the hell is Mick Mayock

this hype is starting to get way out hand

6. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Mikke Mayock also played football at Vanderbilt and has been pimping him for over a year. It's like a Rutgers alumn pimping Brian Leonard as the savior of the Jets if he came out in the draft this year.

7. Murrell2878

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/mayock_mike

Mike Mayock
    Analyst - College Football Sunday
    Airs Sundays from 4:00 AM – 1:00 PM ET on NFL Network
    Former NFL defensive back Mike Mayock has joined NFL Network as the analyst for College Football Sunday.

Mayock becomes NFL Network's resident "draft guru," keeping a watchful eye on college football to determine who will have the biggest impact on the NFL in the future.

College Football Sunday is a 60-minute show that airs at 4:00 a.m. ET every Sunday and repeats up until NFL kickoffs at 1:00 p.m. ET. College Football Sunday will bring the most comprehensive highlights of the Top 25 games in college football from each week and provide in-depth analysis of each game's highly-touted pro prospects. Additionally, College Football Sunday will uncover "hidden gems," players who have not received national attention, but could become stars in the NFL.

Mayock, a former defensive back for the New York Giants, has established himself as a respected college and NFL announcer and analyst through his work for ABC Sports, CBS Sports, ESPN and Fox Sports Net.

In addition to his duties on College Football Sunday, Mayock will also routinely contribute to NFL Total Access and Playbook, NFL Network's primetime shows, providing his wisdom and insight as teams look to build for their future.

Since 2001, Mayock has served as a college football analyst for ABC Sports. Prior to ABC, he has called college football action for Fox Sports Net during the 2000 season, after spending four years (1996-99) as a member of CBS Sports' broadcast team -- during which time he served as both a game analyst (1996, '97 and '99) and lead sideline reporter (1998). He also worked as a reporter for CBS's coverage of the NCAA basketball tournament in 1997, '98 and '99.

He joined CBS from ESPN, where he worked as an analyst and sideline reporter for the cable network's coverage of the Canadian Football League and college football from 1993-95. Additionally, Mayock has experience covering college football for Prime Network, NCAA Productions, Prime Sports Radio and the Big East Conference.

Mayock, 45, was selected in the 10th round of the 1981 NFL draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers, but suited up for the Giants from 1982-84. He is a member of the Boston College Hall of Fame, where he starred in football and received a Communications degree.

Mayock's father, Mike Sr., is a former Penn football coach whom the Steelers selected in the 24th round of the 1955 NFL Draft.

8. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Mike Mayock did NOT play at Vanderbilt. He played at Boston College.

Kind of undermines the rest of the post, I'd say.

EDIT: That Murrell. . . Johnny on the spot with the Mayock bio. Remind me to side with you the next time someone brings up. . . . well, you know. :)

#8 Sundayjack, Feb 22, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  9. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Was he the same guy who said Pennington would be the next Joe Montana?

Cutler is good, don't get me wrong, and I would love to see him in green and white. I really would rather see Young if I had my choice, but I would be happy with either.

I don't buy media hype. There is so much sensationalism in media today, it has gotten to the point of being irresponsible journalism.

10. Murrell2878

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

11. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

If Montana had his rotator cuff torn twice, he wouldn't have been the same either. Pennington is not to blame.

That said, I don't see him coming back here.

12. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

Pennington MAY have been the next Montana. He had the makings of it. Montana never suffered the injuries Chad has, so we'll never know. Its a real shame this happened to him. I think he would have been the best we ever had if he stayed healthy.

13. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

One thing about all draft analysts.

If they were SO GOOD, they'd have an NFL job.

14. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

just an FYI for those who don't know. Chris Mortensen also has cutler ahead of leinart and young.. just putting it out there

15. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Yes, I know. I did not intent disrespect to Chad. Chad didn't ask to have his arm pulled from its socket. My point is that things don;t always work out the way they are drawn up on paper.

It will bad a sad day for me when we say good-bye to Chad. It will be both sad and happy. Sad for the past and happy for the optimism of the future.

16. poiu

poiu New Member

This just further proves that he's nothing more then a 2nd round player...

17. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Does that mean Cutler's a huge pothead as well?

18. jets1960

jets1960 New Member

We need a franchice QB in this draft. I hope we take Cutler at the #4 pick.

19. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Marino is a pothead?ricky williams

20. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I agree, there, Scooter