Curtis Martin Think The Jets Will Make The Playoffs This Year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Fightin'JetTitan

Fightin'JetTitan Active Member

....the Jets CAN beat the Pats if they;

1)-Avoid the idiotic mistakes they produced against the Brownies.
    2)-Produce a viable PASS RUSH by the front line that puts pressure on or sacks Brady.
    3)-Bowles devises a defensive scheme (similar to what Rex did vs the Pats in the playoffs a few yrs bk) that confuses the heck out of the Pat off.
    4)-Josh McClown to dig deep & utilize any & all of what passing skills he has in order to take advantadge of a weak pass defense.
    5)-Jets to just play basically smart football & the avoidance of foolish penalties.

Just my opinion.......GO J-E-T-S-S-S!!!!!!!!!

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Maybe Curtis wasn't drunk on green kool-aid after all ;)

boozer32 likes this.
  3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The Jets for the most part are putting in a tough gritty effort despite the overall lack of veteran players. Through 6 games the Jets have hugely surprised in the competitive effort category. The issue that remains is what do they do for their future? McCown isn't the future, he's a welcome relief from sh*tpatrick but his play does nothing to enhance the future of the team.

Keeping solely with teams currently with more losses than the Jets how do they stack up the rest of the way?

At this stage Clev is doing what I thought the Jets would do, have some competitive games but come up short. The same goes for the 49ers. They are the teams I thought the Jets would be up against for top spots in the draft. Right now you have to think these teams will pick 1-2 in the draft.

The Chargers are improving and I think in the end will have more wins than the Jets although the head to head match-up may loom large.

I was concerned about the Raiders depth on offense and it really has shown regardless of the QB injury. Beast mode looks shot. Their D has been surprisingly average. They have a tough schedule but having already beat the Jets I think they will wind up at least with the same record as the Jets if not better.

The Colts only wins are against teams that will likely pick 1-2 in the draft. They seem to be getting better with Brissett at QB and should win enough games to better the Jets record unless the OL is so bad it gets Brissett injured and Luck isn't ready to come back. Too early to tell but I like how Brissett is developing.

Da Bears are improving with Trubisky at QB and have played tough at home and just won their first road game. With games against SF and Clev at home they could win more than the Jets but its too early to say.

I have no idea what to expect from the Giants, they are decimated at the WR position but seem to have found a good TE in Engram and Darkwa seems to have won the lead back job. With Webb drafted this past spring and Eli with 4-5 more years in the tank I doubt they take a QB in this 2018 draft so slot position may not matter here unless they trade down.

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

curtis martin doesnt even watch football.