Curtis is a true team player-took a 50% cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlToon, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Penning10

Penning10 Member

Curtis Martin was at the Knicks game tonight, when his face was up on the big board he got a standing ovation...he is the man. Also, the Knicks were putrid once again getting spanked by the Miami Heat.

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Curtis martin has always been this way, it shouldnt be a surprise all VETERANS should think this way.

Curtis martin will retire a jet and should be our runningbacks coach in the future.

3. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Curtis Martin is a walking anachronism

Other than his humanity he shares nothing in common with the world that he lives in ... he is entirely out of place ... completely out of his element ... he hovers so far above the fray that he is barely recognizable to his fellow athletes {and fellow man}, although he would have been somewhat typical had he existed, oh say, in another time and place

He represents all that is decent about sports {and humanity}, and shuns all that is base

He is the selfless man trapped in a world of selfishness

He is the modest man trapped in a culture of nihilism

He is the God fearing man trapped in an increasingly secular/materialistic world

He is the man of self-restraint trapped in a world drenched in hedonism

He is the man of great accomplishments who dares not toot his own horn

He is the man who respects money, yet refuses to allow money to define his existance ... who realizes that on his death bed the last thing on his mind will be, if only I had made more money ... he knows the collection of material weatlh is not a legacy and that those who remember him fondly will remember him for his character and self-sacrifice, not how many cars or houses or bling he was able to secure

He is charitable, he is kind, he is giving, he is caring ... he is, as I satated at the outset, an anachornism

This man is either an accident of birth to the extreme {born to late}, or he was sent as a reminder, so we can vaguely recall what character and all that is decent really looks like when it's practiced with absolute sincerity

#23 Jabba the Jet, Feb 23, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  4. nicolab

nicolab Member

curtis is a legend - we need more like him:beer:

5. orlandojetfan

orlandojetfan New Member

jabba, that is a great description of cmart. he may not be a hall of fame player (in some minds, not mine.) but he sure a hall of famer in the game of life which is the most important game.

6. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I am glad you explained anachronism completely because some people on this board may have thought you were putting Curtis down.

I agree with you. The Jets were wise to keep him. He can still perform. His role must be shared, but the guy can still produce.

I enjoyed your explanation. It is true. He is unlike many professional athletes. He doesn't want the spotlight, doesn't make waves, works hard, excellent self-discipline, motivates others, total team player, quietly goes about his business, is not motivated by money - he only requires what is fair, always willing to help the team or a player, sets the bar for himself very high, a clean polished class act; the list goes on and on.

Curtis Martin can be defined as the anti-TO.