CTE found in 99% of deceased NFL players brains

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Jul 26, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Actually you're right about one thing, ratings dropped due to natural disasters. Which is actually a norm for tv. So youre right they did decrease, but not because of protesting or anything like that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

"Largely consistent with 2 previous weeks" which were down 10% from last year, and it was still down 4% from the previous week. Players started the protests last year, it's just ramping up now.

All that was in the first few sentences of the article

3. The Waterboy

If I sold you a house and told you it was 2000 sq ft and you found out later it was actually 1800 sq ft, would you say meh, nothings changed?

4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yeah like I said, youre right, those two weeks coincide with natural disasters. Funny the week after and despite protests, ratings increased. Hmmmmm

5. The Waterboy

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And again youre basing your argument on Neilson ratings which dont account for nfl streams.

7. The Waterboy

From the link you posted.
    Give me something else to count. Post it and I'll look at it. Don't expect me to accept, "ratings are the same because I say so".

8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Neilson ratings have been flawed for years. Not to mention your argument with the advertisers is flawed when clearly theyve picked up more advertisers. So it doesnt matter of you believe it or not. The reality is, the nfl ratings are the most stable thing on television. Its the equivalent of having good credit.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Why are you and others so obsessed with quashing any notion that the NFL is losing viewers over politics?

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they own a day of the week. their marquee event is more popular than anything else on tv by far and whole industries have risen up and made billions in their own right just by riding their coat-tails.

neilson ratings? lol, that stuff is irrelevant in this scope

zace likes this.
  11. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Because its not. And some misguided notion that it's destroying the NFL is just that. During the largest protest in recent years, the ratings saw an increase from the previous week.

But what it's really about if you want me to break it down for you, is that some of you wanna feel like you have power over the large corporations and im not knocking you for feeling that, but the reality is, theyre unaffected.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Peoples lives and schedules literally change when they play. When I worked on the floors years ago, i walked in to work and handed the schedule a jets football schedule. I never worked a day they played. She totally understood.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they go to American cities and say "give us $XXX million for a new stadium or were moving to another city who will do it." and they get it.
    The DOD pays THEM for patriotic displays on sundays..

and people want to think they give a shit about neilson ratings? ha that's a gas

zace likes this.
  14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Exactly, theyre like their own government. No other league has this kinda power anywhere in the world.

15. The Waterboy

So you say Neilsen ratings are flawed but give no other metric to back your assertation that ratings increased or stayed the same. I merely quoted from the article that you linked that says, ratings are down for the year and were down for week 3 from the previous week.

It's not what I believe, I'm the one quoting from different sources saying ratings are down, you are expecting me to accept what you say even though it is contrary to what the people who do this for a living are saying.

Tell me how much advertisers are going to pay when someone tells them, well 1,000,000 people watched pirated streams last week. When Amazon actually does start airing games, then you can get some figures for that but until they actually air a game, the point is moot.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Again, why so obsessed with it? Ratings are undeniably going down, and the internet doesn't come close to accounting for it. I'm sure there's a bunch of reasons for it, just wondering why you're making it your life's mission to deny any little inkling that many people are turned off about the NFL not standing for being America's sport anymore

Does it bother you that others may value our country so highly?

17. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Because they are flawed, they've been flawed since the advent of hulu. Im sorry you can't accept that but really it's not my problem.

Advertisers are paying more than ever for nfl airtime. Hell Twitter paid for the right to air games. Im not sure how you see advertisers walking a away. People will always drink beer, buy cars and travel. Three of the biggest advertisers during this time.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Oh keep your pseudo patriotism under control. Why does it bother you that your emotional pleas dont affect me? I dont deal in that kinda stuff. I deal. In facts and thw facts are streaming of games has increased and NFL revenue had largely remained the same, sooooooo i think theyre just fine.

19. The Waterboy

While the league may or may not not lose any sponsors, to think that advertisers aren't going to use the 10% drop in ratings when it's time to renegotiate is just ignoring facts, a business is going to use any possible angle to lower rates or keep them from rising further.

20. The Waterboy

Once again from the article you posted, "down 4 percent in viewers and 1 percent in households from the Sunday prior", down does not mean increase.