Crowell < Banana Peels

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 3, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I remember a few weeks back he mssed his block, Darnold got sacked on the very next play the coaches rewarded him with a carry!

No accountability on this team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Hes clearly injured and its clearly affected his play. But keep in trolling.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Yeah..

This guy is bad. No other way to say it. If there's a clear lane he can hit it hard and once up to speed he's fast for a bigger guy, but that's about it.

Vision: atrocious, unless it's directly in front of him and a gaping hole
    Burst: non-existent (long speed exclusive)
    Instincts: just look at his pass blocking assignments and non-ability to improvise
    Elusiveness: "Ha ha ha ha ha"
    Pass catching: not bad actually *shrug*
    Character: about as bad as you can get before being outright unrosterable
    Agility: 1-cut runner with no wiggle, often loses footing (banana peels) in his single cut
    Power: shockingly he's rather soft and stuffed easily, I thought he was suppose to be power back?

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The problems with his vision are true.

I'm not really interested in defending the guy but I will say some of the stuff about his burst and power and stuff are unfair because he's playing hurt. When the rest of the team sits out with a hangnail, I'm not gonna kill a guy for not looking 100%, at least he's playing!

some of the issues with his "vision" may also be Bates' designed runs. When he was the OC at Seattle, their running game was awful because he had running backs do too much in the backfield with his garbage zone read stuff.

We are seeing that here. Multiple seconds run off in the backfield before the running back even has the ball in his hands at the line of scrimmage. That's coaching, not the player. You have to have an amazing offensive line to make that work and we all know the Jets don't.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

(-__-)

So far we're at about #4 on the slip count, 8:37 2nd quarter. I'll keep it updated in this post.

#85 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018