Crowell < Banana Peels

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Oct 3, 2018.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's only a fact in your mind, and perhaps some others. It's NOT a fact. Sorry that you can't tell the difference between a fact and an opinion.

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And you think that those penalties shifted momentum? Let's look at what happened after Crowells penalty:

Browns punted on that same drive Johnson got the penalty. (No momentum)

Browns kicked a field goal.

Half ended.

Browns punted.

Browns kicked field goal.

So after Crowells penalty they scored 6 points. They didn't score a TD until the 3rd quarter with 3 minutes remaining in the game, AFTER Mayfield entering.

So the momentum shift was because of Crowell and Johnsons penalties, not Baker Mayfield entering over an entire quarter later? Got it

3. Falco21

Outside of this board, no one does care lol

That penalty came and went like Geno Smiths career. I haven't seen one damn thing about it since right after the game. The only coverage I see now is how funny people think it is that Dude Wipes is now using him as a sponsor.

4. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Yep, it was 1964. The Yankees were falling out of the race, and it looked as if they would not get their fifth straight pennant. On September 1, they were behind both Chicago and Baltimore. After the harmonica incident, they rallied and played lights-out ball in September. They lost the World Series in seven games, primarily because Whitey Ford got hurt in Game 1, because Tony Kubek had hurt himself before the series and was out of action (Linz replaced him), and because idiot GM Ralph Houk obtained lights-out relief pitcher Pedro Ramos the day after the deadline for post-season eligibility.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If you got it, then you don't know what you're watching or are blind imo. I definitely saw a momentum shift after that. Again, an effect doesn't have to be instantaneous on the scoreboard.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Forget it NC..it's useless to debate with Falco

Let him wear his hero's Jets jersey

Then when he walks around people will snicker and say look at that arse-hole !!

Ahahahahahahah

7. Falco21

Again, the shift in momentum was not due to two dumb penalties. The momentum shifted when Baker Mayfield walked on the field and the Jets had ZERO answer for him. The momentum shifted when Todd Bowles said to himself what he said in his press conference, "a new QB doesn't change the defensive gameplan".

We can go back and forth on whether the penalty was disgusting or not a big deal, but anyone watching that game understood when the momentum shifted. It was clear the Jets had no answer for Baker Mayfield.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The shock you actually manned up and STOPPED homering for Bowles hasn't worn off 21

But endorsing Crosmell even after the woosey Bowles said it better stop is puzzling

#48 NYJetsO12, Oct 4, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  9. Falco21

I'm not endorsing his move. Ive said from the beginning it was a dumbass move and a pointless penalty. But all this shit over it is a little ridiculous in my opinion. And calling it a game changing move is absurd.

I just don't have time to dwell over stupid shit like that. I have more things to worry about with this franchise than that celebration

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

For the record...I never said that it affected the game. But crap like this, besides making the Jets look like clowns, has a detrimental effect on the team itself. You could see a Jets players running over to Crowell and when he started his ass wiping routine, the player did a quick 180...he didn't want any part of that nonsense.

Losing like that only makes it look more dumb.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

He is a fucking professional football player and he wiped his fucking ass with a fucking football.

Whether or not it had ANY impact on the game, whether anyone else in the world gives a shit.

If you think a professional football player for the team YOU root for wiping his fucking ass with a fucking football is no big thang, then there is something more wrong with you than folks a bit perturbed by it.

You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me.

HomeoftheJets, NCJetsfan and Acad23 like this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Hahahahaaa Crowell made believe the football was a big fat dildoe!

Hahahaaa how funny and cool is that?

I’m a child! Don’t judge me you old curmudgeons!!

13. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

We had the Marc Sanchez's butt fumble, Geno Smith's behind the back, off the butt fumble, and now Isaiah Crowell's butt wipe celebration. At least we're improving.

14. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's bush league. Bowles should have this franchise right now at the point where they would never even consider trying something like this.

It's dumb and embarrassing

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Not sure how this turned into a discussion over Crowell's celebration instead of his horrible play, but who cares ultimately?

In his latest media interview he excused himself to use the bathroom before they started (true story, not a joke) then acted caviler and unconcerned smiling the whole time like it was a big joke. When asked if the Bowles or the team had disciplined him he also thought this was funny... Clearly Bowles is unwilling to instill any type of order or hold people accountable. Send a message loud and clear, cut this guy!

The topic is about his play, and it's bad. He looks bad, this could be the perfect sacrificial lamb to try and regain some order.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Nope, this is also an opinion.

A one you are free to hold and express but it is not a fact.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think the main issue is timing. Was it a stupid stunt regardless? Sure, but if you're going to pull a stupid stunt like that, then do it late in the game when the game is in hand. You don't do it early with a two td lead and you have the momentum. You can easily motivate the other team to turn the game around.

The celebration didn't have a direct effect on the game but you don't think those Browns players didn't have a little extra motivation after that? Especially when the momentum started to swing back in their favor?

It's like the dumb ass players who celebrate a first down when the team is losing by 21, really? You want to do something idiotic, do it when the game is clearly won, not when it's still early or you're losing. Stop being a selfish idiot. The game's not only about you.

It's all a microcosm of the Bowles Jets. Undisciplined, lack of accountability

NY Jets68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm 23 years old. Two years younger than Crowell. Doesn't matter. If I was coaching this team, Crowell would no longer be on it.

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Would you even entertain the possibility that Cleveland may have taken this as a personal insult and used it as a motivational tool for the second half?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I doubt that more than a few Brown's even saw it.

Even the butt-fumble was an accident in the pursuit of yardage.

This? This was a display of poor sportsmanship, after the whistle, that makes the entire organization look bush.