Could The Jets Go From Worst To First In 2019?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Next year we start off slow because of the "new".
    Maybe 8-8/7-9/9-7 ish and just miss or get in.

If we regress/stay stagnant and make almost No impact with free agency Macc is gone and the JETS will be pushed back 3-4 years from now.

This thing is Ripe for the taking and you'd have to be a major failure to fudge this uppppp!!!

FJF likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

A new coach with a better staff could certainly count for some additional wins, but ultimately, the jets leave a lot to be desired in terms of talent, and Macc is going to have to kill free agency and the draft if we are going to expect to make the playoffs next season.

Our o-line needs overhaul, we need a #1 WR and/or a game breaking RB (Bell), we also need an edge rusher, and we need to overhaul our secondary, specifically CB.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and I think its important to temper expectations. Everything depends on "THE HIRE". If we had anyone other than Macc and Chris doing the eval, I'd feel better. These two guys are way out of their lanes on this. A VP of Football Ops would have been perfect for this but instead, we get the CEO who's only claim to the job is being the brother of the guy that bought the team. Yeah, I'm worried...

Royal Tee likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, New England will certainly be favored, but the Jets could win the division.

Another factor: The Jets tend to improve greatly with new Head Coaches in my lifetime.
    1997: Parcells takes Jets from (1-15) to (9-7)
    2001: Edwards takes the Jets from (9-7) to (10-6) and playoffs
    2006: Mangini takes Jets from (4-12) to (10-6) and playoffs
    2009: Ryan takes Jets from (9-7) to (9-7) but 2 playoff wins and an AFC Championship Game appearance.
    2015: Bowles takes Jets from (4-12) to (10-6).

2019: _______ takes Jets from (4-12) to ________. We will see.