Could the Jets be in play for AJ McCarron?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FJF, Feb 12, 2018.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The prediction articles are written for entertainment. The well-thought out ones are fun to read even if they won't come true.

FJF likes this.
  2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Career backup wants a starter money? That's a good way to get no response from anybody.

3. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

His appeal was he has a very hot wife. They showed her more in the stands at Alabama games than him.

4. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Supposedly Denver is going to go after McCarron now that has become an UFA. I just hope Mac isn't dumb enough to go after that guy...

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I guarantee at least one scout wrote that McCarron is a winner because his wife is hot.

TonyFtLaud and boozer32 like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He had a wife while in college? Dang.

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

hell no... maybe if it was another year in the past... but now? no.

We have the cap space to sign a proven QB now and a good enough draft position to pick a good QB..nows not the time to dick around, could cost mac his job.

Will be very disappointed if we go in to training camp without either Kirk Cousins, Baker Mayfield, Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold, or even Lamar Jackson.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

When you're bouncing back n forth between two loser franchises like the Bungles and possibly the Browns that tells you all you need to know about this guy. No one is signing this guy as their next franchise (or hell even starting) QB. He'll get a prove it type deal to see if he's a viable starting option. Fool's gold. Pass.

ColoradoContrails and boozer32 like this.
  9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

While I'd much rather give McCarron a deal than Bradford, Bridgewater or Taylor, I don't think the Jets will have any interest, or vice versa. I think he's destined for Cleveland, which I also don't think will effect them from going with Allen, Rosen or Darnold at 1 or 4. I think they'll do both and if they don't, well, that opens the door for another team to move up an get one of those guys. Perhaps us if Cousins lands in Arizona, Minnesota or Denver.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I agree, I can see Cleveland signing McCaron then taking Barkley with 1 and either another QB or LT with 4 because Cleveland:confused:

Sam Hammer likes this.
  11. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

I don't think Denver is looking to blow it's entire cap on Cousins and that's why McCarron is being considered. I could see them signing McCarron, drafting Falk in the second maybe and keeping Semien. Trading/releasing Lynch, Osweiller. But that's all speculation of course

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

as hot as she is, I'm sure it was worth it

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This may give the Browns the opportunity to draft Allen now if the rumors are true that they love him.

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

AJ making it to FA this offseason is good for the QB needy teams. Someone is going to take the chance that his good showings in limited playing time means he's someone that can play at this level. I think that if the Jets do take a run at him we do it with the same mentality that the bears did last year. Sure we got a FA QB but that should by no means keep us from going after a QB in the draft. He's a mid level FA QB at best. Younger and with more upside than our recent FA signings, but by no means a sure fire long term fix.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Browns would most definitely sign him to start. Jets could be in play, but it wouldn't be the right move for us when a proven commodity such as Cousins is out there for the taking.

Jets need to sign Cousins, or draft a QB (due to age). No sense in signing a 28 year old QB who hasn't started worth a lick.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  16. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

It gives qb needy teams before the draft a plan b /plan c should they miss out on acquiring Cousins, Foles, Bridgewater, Bradford, or Keenum. Signing AJ McCarron is akin to going for the butter face with big boobs who is buying your drinks. I would rather hold out for something else.

FJF likes this.
  17. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

She trapped him quick.

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Very fair to compare this to Glennon/Bears all over. Jets need to avoid that IMO.

19. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

No. Just no.

20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

That would make me a happy man, because that means it's more likely Rosen falls to the Jets. I'm near positive Barkely will go top 4. That should mean either Rosen or Mayfield falls to the Jets, provided that Denver signs Cousins. Denver could very well try to trade the pick down if Barkley is no longer on the board. Honestly, I'm happy with any one of those top 3 QBs, but don't want Allen.

I saw a mock draft with the Bills trading with Denver to take a QB ahead of the Jets, but that's the most absurd thing I've heard, because they would be moving all the way from the 21 to the 5. Granted they also have the 22, but that will still be an expensive trade up, so I can't see any way that happens. They would need to give up both firsts, multiple seconds and other future firsts to even consider that. They mortgaged their future on Sammy Watkins just a few years ago, I can't possibly see them doing this kind of thing again just to spite the Jets. I know the Bills seem to make moves based more on us than anything else, but that would be a terrible move on their part when they already have 2 first round picks.

#60 Sam Hammer, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018