Could the Jets be a good team in 2013?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Feb 8, 2013.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I hate all the changes that are happening but hopefully we will have a better team because of it. I dont think i like Idziks personality to much , he reminds me of a Republican Vice Presidental candidate

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Would that be Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin or Paul Ryan?

And as I wrote those words I suddenly realized why the Republicans are in so much trouble right now. :)

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Tell me about it...

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Deathstar is the resident respectable Fin fan. He knows he can go fuck himself and come right back knowning we suck marine balls as well.

At least Lauren Tannehill is hot.

5. 74

74 Well-Known Member

haha It's ok... I have gameday shoes and a lucky jersey, don't worry about the mirror.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Dude we had Eva Longoria for a few months oh yea

7. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

It depends on if we get a NFL caliber QB. Or if McElroy develops into one next season if he gets a chance.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We had better and we did better. Time to upgrade, let me know when u have something.

Disclaimer: Eva is fine.

9. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Kate Upton is a Jets fan. Dem tit-tays is all we need.

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

I just dont see it at all. I mean anything can happen, but we would have to have one of the greatest off seasons ever to turn this ship around.

On your Sanchez point- why cant he be worse? His confidence is shot, he's in a new system and I cant see the team being completely behind him after his performance the last two years. Im sure he could play better than he did this year... Because he was a bottom 2 QB, so there's not much room to go down. I certainly dont see him solving our question at QB which is the real problem. If you dont have a franchise QB, you are going to have a tough time competing. Its his 5th year and we are still riding this bottom 5 guy as our QB? Nothing frustrates me more.

Also, why could our ST's not be worse? We are losing one of the greatest ST coaches in the league. We still lack quality depth because of the shit storm Tanny left behind.

If Revis and Landry both walk, I have a VERY hard time seeing this defense playing at a similar level. Keep in mind we will be starting 3 new LB's also. Landry was great here and a pro bowler. As much as I want to trade Revis, I know that our defense will take a step back.

We are going to be dealing with a ton of inexperience and youth most likely. Our skill positions as is are among the bottom 5 I would say so I dont see hope on that front. Powell is a complete question mark and nothing more than a #2, Shonn Greene likely wont be back, Holmes is coming off a major injury and has never been a top 20 receiver, Keller is a FA, Hill isnt a great system fit, had a rough rookie year and had knee surgery. Aside from Kerley, Im not a fan of anyone. I still think we need a #1 RB, #1 WR, #1 TE and a FB in terms of skill positions.

Add in that our schedule is pretty hard, and I have a hard time seeing us doing better than next year.

11. laxin

laxin Active Member

Hard to imagining either of those happening.

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's going to be a competition of trash at QB. We know the D will be solid, can the O be at the least competent is the question?

I can see anything between 6-10 and 10-6.

13. NFL

NFL Active Member

IMO its tough to say the D will be solid. Competitive, maybe. Were losing Landry, Bell, maybe Revis, and starting 3 new LBs. I have confidence in Rex, but its going to be tough.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Positions of strength for the Jets next year, solid vets who are pluses:

LT - D'Brickashaw Ferguson
    C - Nick Mangold
    WR3 - Jeremy Kerley

DT - Mo Wilkerson
    ILB - David Harris
    CB - Darrelle Revis
    CB - Antonio Cromartie

Life is a box of chocolates, or you never know what you'll get:

RB - Bilal Powell
    WR - Santonio Holmes
    WR - Stephen Hill

DT - Quinton Coples
    ILB - DeMario Davis

That's a pretty sad and pathetic base to be starting with for the year.

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

In the NFL it starts and ends at the QB position. If the jets are dumb enough to play Sanchez next year (in any system) they deserve everything they get. It takes a complete moron like Rex to continue to claim that "Mark gives us the best chance to win," while the rest of the league keeps laughing. Maybe in 2014 when Rex and Mark are both unemployed they can go on a mutual "Butt fumble revisited--Mark gives us the best chance to win" book signing tour.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Clearly from this list, the defense is the strong suit of the Jets. It's a solid defensive unit with some star power. They need to get faster though.

Now looking at our offensive skill personnel, Holmes and Kerley are the only two guys that any other team in the league would be familiar with, let alone be worried about facing. Besides these two guys our offensive skill guys are putrid starting with our QB.

I'm not sure how anyone could honestly think that our offense will be much better this year as the unit currently stands. Let's see what Idzik does through FA and the Draft to improve the offense, that will be the first test of his young tenure as GM.

#96 JetsNation06, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  17. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

COULD they be a good team in 2013??? No, it's IMPOSSIBLE. Great question!

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks, Al! Great insight!

19. LongIslandBlitz

Superbowl will be Jets vs 49ers with alex smith leading us past his former team, i saw it in a crystal ball i bought at a yard sale at Eric Manginis house

20. LongIslandBlitz

Looks like a list of pure studs of the leauge minus Hill, We will have some new faces on offense the 2013 Jets havent even begun to take shape yet have some patience