Coordinators?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenfiendNYJ, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I didn't know that little connection with Gregg Williams that Gase has. I doubt Williams comes here. Would you go coach under the son-in-law of some guy who cost you millions and basically damaged your whole career? Of course not. I would be really surprised if Williams is the D.C. here now

Secondly, like I mentioned before, you have to be careful with Gregg Williams rumors to begin with.

Its a running joke in the industry that he pimps himself to the journalists and links himself to like every open job. Even Jim Rome who's the laziest invesitgative journalist said that, tounge-in-cheek when he was let go in Cleveland. "Now Gregg Williams will be linked to every DC opening in the league - just ask him." Its totally possible that the Jets/Williams interest wasn't even totally real

2. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Gase, get him in here.

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I just came to post this as well, would be huge for our OL. Hell make him the OC, fine with that.

GreenfiendNYJ likes this.
  4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Fuck that guy

NYJFOREVER and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would rather have him as GM. He picked some good players for the Jets Revis, D'Brick and Mangold.

6. StealthDefense

StealthDefense Active Member

His 2006 and 2007 drafts were really good. 2008 was a shit show. Thats when we took "The Ghost" at number 6. But he put a lot of parts in place. I really miss him as a HC. We spoke so much at the time about have a coach grow into the position. But they ejected him ASAP just to fall into the same shit. But he set Rex up with the makings of a great team. One has to wonder if EM would have drafted Sanchez.

BTW: 9, 10, 11, 12 Drafts were so much trash! So it says a lot about EM's pics

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Wondering when the assistant coach thing starts to turn into a shit show.

Loggains sounds like a yes man in Gase system so I’m not sure if he hurts the team but it doesn’t sound like he’ll bring much to the table.

What DC’s are next up on the list if Williams falls through? Not another Miami re-tread I hope.

8. StealthDefense

StealthDefense Active Member

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Well we will never say that The Johnsons are not Avant- guarde ..its becoming Theater of The Absurd over here..ahaha

I hear Adam Gase will directing Waiting For Godot in the Jets Lounge at MetLife if anyone is interested

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. NOVAJET

Greg Williams our new DC according to Schefter

11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Gase will make a huge mistake if he brings back his Dolphins coordinators. I'm willing to give Gase a chance, I've been defending him to others who just want to bitch about him all the time. However, his coordinator picks are key. Pick the right guys and we have a chance.

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

We all hated the "mangina" at the time, but looking back he built that stacked team for Rex to come into. It's no coincidence that after he left the following drafts sucked. The 2008 season was one of my favorites to watch with Favre leading the team until his injury. That was also the year I joined this forum and used "Leon" for my name because he was a beast that year. I think if Mangini stuck around for another few years, this team wouldn't be in an 8 year playoff drought.

abc and StealthDefense like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That can’t be. I was told we are going to fuck this all up.

Mr mittens likes this.
  14. NOVAJET

While he sounded like an intriguing option at OL I can't imagine we would bring in DeGuglielmo after this hire. Can't even imagine what that would be like, too many alphas in the pack.

15. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

As far as Bates' goes, he's technically still a Jets employee right?

16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Coordinators being considered:. Newly-hired Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is looking to fill out his staff. From what I'm hearing, some names under consideration are: LBs — Blake Williams, his son; DBs — Dennard Wilson (retained from previous Jets staff); DL Clyde Simmons. Assistant DBs — Steve Jackson (previous Jets staff). Simmons and Williams were with Williams last season in Cleveland. Wilson and Jackson coached with Williams in previous stops. Kris Kocurek was eyed for the DL job (he coached under Adam Gase last year in Miami), but he was hired by San Francisco.

abc likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

his son as LB coach? ok then

18. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Still no OC? Are we not hiring Kenny Loggins or whatever his name is?

19. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

There will always be nepotism in the nfl. I would have been more surprised if he didn’t bring his son with him.

Harpua likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

In a league full of Re-treads, there's a reason the dude's not in the NFL. He deserves the credit he got in 2006 (did a great job that year), but other than that.....