Conference Championshp weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think Brady would have noticed the guy line up off sides. It was pretty obvious.

Ralebird likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

if Adam Gase can beat Bellichek/Brady twice you can bet S Mcvay can do it

Guy is prob watching every team since 2000 thats done it

My Fantasy is with Gates/Williams we win the Division and relegate the Pacheatriots to winning a Wild Card if possible ..hheheheh

#1002 NYJetsO12, Jan 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  3. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

Fucking Andy Reid said in his post game presser he saw the ref with his hand on his flag before the play.....had he known the potential outcome he may have called a timeout...

4. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

so annoyed to see the Pats back in the SB as it just puts me off watching the game at all for fear of them winning - how many more years of this crap do we need to suffer? I thought the NFL was all about parity?

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath.

I've read that McDaniels hopes to take over for Belichick when he retires. He passed up the opportunity to coach Luck last offseason.

He's waiting for something.

Wouldn't it be just like the Patriots to trade for Foles this offseason?

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why are Patriots fans posting on a Jets site at this point in the season?

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Why the fuck would we care if they traded for Foles? They get an average QB to be backup to Tom Brady and McDaniels takes over as H.C.? awesome

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Pats fans are weird. They talk more about us on their forum than we talk about them on ours. Which is stupid because at least we have reason to talk about them. Maybe the Boston winters give them nothing better to do?

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The NFL gives every owner an equal opportunity to succeed. So if you have a good owner, you win. If you have a dumb owner, a meddling owner, or an owner who doesn't care about winning, you're going to lose.

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Once Belichick leaves that franchise becomes irrelevant.

McDaniels and Brady w/o Belichick would not concern me in the least.

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

It's a mystery to me as well. I live in Massachusetts and I find it bizarre that the Jets even register on the minds of Patriots fans. Their obsession with us makes no sense. We are certainly not good enough to be considered a true "rival". We beat them about once every 5 years.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  12. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

It's deeper then wins & losses.
    Lots of history of front office stuff from alleged tampering with Parcells and his checking out before the Superbowl leading up to Bellichick's napkin.
    A bunch of big name players switching sides at various times, Mangini's role in Spygate. Rex Ryan being Rex Ryan. There has been a lot of material which fuels the old New York/Boston natural rivalry. Boston sports team were New York's bitch right up until 2001.

13. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tend to agree that it's more city based than Sports based. People around here are just wired to have this inferiority complex and hatred toward NY. I don't get it myself. Both great cities. Couldn't be more different in terms of what makes them great.

14. I read this week the jets are the most hated team in all 6 new england states w the exception of perhaps CT which is a melting pot.

I live right on Mass line & i refuse to stop wearing my jets stuff year round,W-L records be damned. The Animosity is a very real thing..Confrontation is commonplace

Its annoying but i look at it this way:

By continuing to make it a rivalry,obsessing over us & hating us..they inadvertantly keep the narrative alive that the Jets will wake from their 50 year slumber & turn the tables.Theyre almost begging for it to happen.NESN,Bellicheat & the Krafts keep poking the bear..i know these are the Jets but NY sports has a funny way of redeeming their selves in the grandest of fashions.

We can only hope

#1014 KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2019
    dcinct and sackexchange like this.
  15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Because we're the team in the North East that exposed their fraudulence.

Those fuckers can't accept that they are viewed as a franchise indelibly tainted as cheaters and their "championship" dynasty is built on lies.

#1015 Rollo Tomassi, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    BacktoQueens and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Considering how great a Coach Belichek ...is and I believe he is with or without Brady ..why did he risk exposing himself as a cheater filming opponents practices and letting Tommy soften those Footballs ???

It's crazy to think that with all that skill and knowledge it's surrounded by such insecurities over winning

Just to play Devils Advocate ..suppose BB had stayed on as Jets Coach , took a flyer on a kid name Brady ..and NE history and Championships were all here in NY and not NE..how would you feel??

Would we still defend the the paranoid cheater??? Or gloat at the Jets Dynasty ??

Napkin Day screwed us ,,hard time getting over that Twist of Fate

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

fyp . . : )

18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

"Once you make things personal with Jets fans, it won't fly. "

Ah, you didn't obviously did not notice the personal attacks I was getting from Jetophile? Or are you simply unfair? Oh by the way, thanks for the warning and non discussion!

"Hate the Jets all you want. Call the Jets whatever you want."

How many times have I said I am a Jet fan who is also a Pat's fan. Am I not speaking English or do you simply ignoring me?

"But if you attack a poster like this, you will be benched. "

I must take attacks on my character like a bitch and do nothing? Are you really serious?

Before you go on about how my behavior is unacceptable what about the behavior against me? I am not asking you to defend me, but I should have a right to defend myself from said bullying which you seem to be apparently ignoring.

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I publicly said that I did mildly insult you and thought the banning was silly and unnecessary for what it's worth, but bullying? C'mon now, that is so cry baby it's pathetic. I don't see where I made attacks on your character by the way. If you want to be fellated over the Cheating Cheats, then stick to patsfans.com (although you have said you don't like the place LOL). Again, I didn't agree with the banning, but Jesus Christ, grow a thicker skin.

That being said I've also said on several occasions that I think you're absolutely full of it being a fan of both the Cheats and the Jets. It's so transparently untrue, but whatever. Is that an attack on your character? Whoopsie! If I posted on a NE site that I was a Jets fan but also a Cheats fan I'd be hung in Haymarket Square for treason. How can you not expect the askance? I also said I have no problem with your football opinions, but I guess that's also an attack on your character.

You're highly sensitive whenever the word cheating is used, which is protocol and a requirement if you're a Cheats fan. I've also said that no way in hell are you ever getting sympathy over ***** on a Jets board or getting Jets fans to somehow side with you on the issue . . . on a Jets board. C'mon now again.

I had been posting at patsturds.com for almost 2 years, had about 700 posts, and even when it was simple football talk, I was constantly being run out on a rail. When the Giants beat the Cheats the first time, the board got absolutely flooded with fans from every team in the league to gloat, a good deal of them Jets fans. The site couldn't handle the traffic and crashed. Every single one of my posts was wiped and I got banned even though what I said was good-natured ribbing. What a bunch of self-entitled defensive babies. The admin Ian emailed me and said it wasn't his doing so I was reinstated a couple of days later but all of my posts stayed wiped. Fast forward to a few years later and I got permabanned for saying something completely innocuous and not the least bit incendiary. Just using that as a juxtaposition to your teenaged hissy fit. Good Day, Sir.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. All good questions. I will try to be brief. I firmly believe you like the Jets. My statement about "Hate the Jets all you want" was a general statement not towards you. Now, jeto already answered you and I won't get into that but you are sometimes rubbing the people wrong way. Please be sensitive. We all hate the Pats and don't want to see even the slightest bit of sarcasm by Pats fans on days like that. Try to be mindful of that. Please stay so we can enjoy having you here. But don't make things personal with Jet fans. I am inclined to side with Jets fans over a Pats fan so please keep that in mind as well.