Conference Championshp weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 13, 2019.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Im not watching the Superbowl its an obvious Pats W.And people comparing Sean Mcvay to Adam Gase need to wake up .The two are so diffrent and share none of the same qualitys as coaches or personalitys.The Jets are acting like they got the next big offensive coach but the guy just failed miserably somewhere else.

2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Given Mahomes tendency to put the ball up into double-plus coverage in big spots (happened the play before the screen-pass TD and many times over the course of the regular season), I thought they made the right call there. What they should have done was clock the ball when they used the timeout and then had a chance to use the middle of the field with 16-seconds left, so maybe they could have gotten closer and then taken a couple of less-risky shots at the endzone.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I really like there offensive playcalling...They do alot of stuff that you dont see

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. jets_fan

I'm not criticizing the playcalling at all, more the decision to use the timeout where they did. They could have gotten another play where they would have had the entire field open to them rather than just the sidelines and then, potentially, a few more shots from closer to the endzone where their creativity on offense might have been able to get someone open for the game winner.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Big Ben doesn't belong in the same sentence as those two.

The Steelers haven't even made a SB since they got bombed by the Packers in 2010.

6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Hey, if you're a fan of the NFL you watch the Super Bowl. Will the Pats win? Perhaps they will. You could even argue that they probably will win. However, how many here thought that the game would go into OT after the first half?

You root for the Pats to lose. In the end, it really doesn't affect your life. If they win or lose you still have to go to work the Monday after (unless you're lucky enough to be retired). I am speaking as > 45 year fan of the Jets.

IMHO of course.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I reallllllllllllllllly hate football on nights like tn.

Pats are going to beat the Rams without question. Unreal.

8. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Brady said he'll hang up his cleats when he "starts sucking." Even his wife said she's given up trying to trying to get him quit. Until age catches up with him or he gets another season ending injury next year like he did in 2008, I don't see him quitting anytime soon. Plus, if the AFC improves to the point where they are no longer a shoe-in for a division championship and first round bye every year, he might take the new challenges as a sign that his time is up.

9. jets_fan

Brady will be around for a few more years. He gets no competition from the AFC East, so they're guaranteed, at worst, a 6-10 record. All they have to do is find 3-4 more wins and they get at least one home playoff game. Plus the fact that you're not allowed to touch him? He's not going anywhere.

10. Its no longer “willl i ever see the jets win in my lifetime”

Its now “will i ever see a postseason without the patriots”

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

6-10? LMAOOOOO they are going 9+ wins every season and you know it.

12. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Good point. If I were Brady, I would play as long as possible as well - as long as I am not getting seriously injured. It's the responsibility of the other teams in the AFC East especially and the rest of AFC / NFL in general to make Brady want to give it up.

If you were winning 11-13 games per year and then getting deep into the playoffs / Super Bowls, wouldn't you keep playing?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am furious right now. Truly a disgusting effort by the Chiefs Defense. It is never ending. Mahomes now joins Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning as elite QB's who have their defense fail them when it matters most. It was brutal to watch. I can't see how any non-Patriots fan would enjoy this. It is truly awful for the league. Goodell doesn't think so I guess, but it is. I am not thrilled with the Rams either, but clearly I will be cheering for them and their Free Agent-filled roster. Patriots should win easily. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

NYJetsO12 and Linebacker712 like this.
  14. jets_fan

If you read my post, you would see that I'm saying that they're guaranteed, at a base minimum, a 6-10 record by simply playing the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills twice. They don't have to do much work outside the AFC East in order to get their home playoff game each year. Beat the bottom dwellers of the NFC division they play on rotation as well as the other AFC division, and they're sitting at 10-wins right there without having to really have done anything particularly special. The insane consistency of their success can be owed very much to the fact that they play in a JV division.

15. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I am somewhat surprised by the death wishes for Tom Brady a few pages back. That being said I do hope his children get Lupus. Before you freak out, I didn't say Cancer. I said Lupus. They are rich, they will be fine. I just want Gisele to be inconvenienced. She'll have to interrupt her hot yoga or her latte to remind one of her maids or assistants to take her kids to the doctor for a checkup.

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Now, we are wishing ill on kids? Shame.

NY Jets68, Woodhead, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Kind of weird but Brady just got ANOTHER roughing the passer call.

18. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Dude.

What the actual fuck.

19. djnva

djnva New Member

If you try harder you can be even more unoriginal. It's boring.

Anyone with IQ over 53 knows if this was the case then that pick play would've been called correctly.

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Pretty numb to the Pats postseason success by now

Weird shit (almost) always goes their way in these close games...just the way the world is

Rams revenge would be nice but not getting my hopes up