Conference Championship Sunday

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Jan 15, 2018.

1. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

And I was an idiot who thought that the Jets got a better deal ($ wise) when the Jets signed Mo than the Eagles did when they signed Fletcher Cox - in the same off-season. Boy was I wrong.

2. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Yeah that's a good point, they probly won't trade him away, I guess just bench him when Wentz is healthy which would be kinda shitty if they were doing well. Probly doesn't matter anyway cause I don't think the NFL will let Foles beat Brady in the Super Bowl lol

3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Golden horseshoe shoe still stuck up the Patsies ass!

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Jeff Hostetler?

NYJalltheway and FJF like this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

In the pregame sit-down he had with Jimmie Johnson, he said he knows he'll be back to being a backup next year. I don't think he's going anywhere.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That was before tonight. If Foles plays well in the SB he'll start for another team next year.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This run has pretty much guaranteed that Foles will get another shot at a starting job. His contract with the Eagles voids in February 2019 if he is still on their roster then, and for sure some team is going to want to sign him to be their starter. He'll be 30 at the start of the 2019 season.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Brady has always liked to throw to TEs, so the big surprise from the early game was that Patriots TEs had one catch total. Gronkowski had one, then got concussed. Hollister and Allen never even got targeted.

Rich Cimini pointing out how ridiculous it what for JAX to kneel out the first half:

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I rest my case.[​IMG]

Jets_Grinch, Brook! and dogg like this.
  10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That hold was the true atrocity of the game.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

I thought the Pats got lucky when the Saints lost to the Vikings, but I guess I was wrong. If Foles is even half of what he was last night, Eagles have a lot better team than the Pats do. QB is the only question mark. I have no idea how the Pats are suppose to stop that team. This is one of those terrible/average Pats team who somehow ended up winning a lot of games they had no business winning. Like last night. The Jags offense was just a mess in the second half.

Also agree on the the first PI call on Cooks. That was one of those reactionary calls only because the Gronk injury happened the play before. Now the other PI? They call that every time.

And if you want to freeze frame holding calls, there were a couple of plays in the 4th where the Jags o-line grabbed a Pats rusher and threw them down with two hands. Last I checked that's not legal. But I guess that doesn't make the other fanbases happy. Gotta blame the refs, headsets, schedule, weather, pick-your-favorite-here.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The Eagles were easily the best team in football this year.

The issue is QB. They were clear cut SB favorites with Wentz, not so with Foles.

13. JetBlue

Although understandable, what gets overlooked is they are top 5 in points and yardage on defense, and are in the Super Bowl because they given up a total of 17 points in the playoffs.

This is not an overmatched team against the Pats. Foles is better than Bortles and can put up 30 plus on this defense. History and emotion makes the Pats the favorites, not an analysis of these teams.

Eagles will win this game and by double digits.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

double digits? come on now...

dogg likes this.
  15. JetBlue

Jacksonville was up double digits, they simply tried to hold on to the a win instead of playing for it. It’s not unreasonable to expect a much better team like the Eagles to be able to go up early and maintain that the entire game.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Patriots with Brady have only lost 1 single game by double digits in all of the last 3 years, though. They came from behind to beat JAX, sure, but they do that every week

17. dogg

dogg Member

NFL has become a scripted league in the BB/TB era. Script says Refs/Pats win in yet another amazing (DPI) 4th quarter comeback. There really is no other possible outcome.