Condition of the Giants

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by STARoSCREAM, Oct 9, 2017.

1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I'm not a Giants hater, but does anyone else feel good after hearing the talk all off-season about how the Jets were tanking and going to go 0-16 and the G-Men were Super Bowl contenders?

All the Giants fans i know were chirping about how Marshall and Engram were going to put the mover the top. Ereck Flowers was 30 lbs lighter and more athletic. Their D was going to be top 3.....and their season is over in the first week of October

Now i know whats gonna happen is theyll draft a FQB and well be stuck in limbo forever, but lets be honest, even if the Jets had the #1 pick overall, they would pick the Ryan Leaf of the bunch.

I'll enjoy this while it lasts.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they'll be in contention for darnold. even with OBJ their offense was worse then ours. without him they are pretty screwed

3. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I love a weekend when the Jets win and the Giants lose. Too bad we have to share a stadium with them. Should have built one on Long Island.

joe likes this.
  4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Don't really care about the Giants but what's happening to them is very similar to what the Jets went through last season. In the New York market once there is blood in the water, the sharks (media) are at you. Giants had blood in the water with OBJ's antics, and the whole boat thing last season. They started the season poorly with a loss, just like the Jets lost to the Bengals last season and things started to snowball out of control.

They're in for a rough year and now with OBJ gone I expect their offense to sputter even more than it has. They'll eek out 2-4 wins IMO as their schedule is really rough. To me its what they decide to do with Eli, and how does their draft position correlate with that decision. Do they think Davis Webb is the future?

I could care less if they fail miserably, what I do care about is will they take away a QB that the Jets could possibly draft in the 1st round.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I can't stand when people say, well, the Jets are crapping out, I'll go for the Giants because ya know, NY. How 'bout no. I didn't root for the Giants when they beat the Cheats twice. I was rooting for the Cheats to lose. What a Pyrrhic choice. Now I know it's considered heresy in some parts to go for the NFC - which, in theory, I wasn't - so how 'bout screw 'em both.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Giants are a classic boom and bust edition this year. A few injuries here and there and they are a 6 win team. No injuries and a few breaks they can win 12.

#14 jilozzo, Aug 23, 2017

looks like i was being too generous with that 6 win speculation. LOL.