Comment on McCown by Manziel

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 13, 2018.

1. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

At a glacial pace, sure. His suspension opened things up. He shouldn't have been signed in the first place and I'm a Kerley fan. There was just no reason to bring him in other than to try to create a facade of playing for something meaningful in 2017.

2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Forte is one of the best past catching RB's of all time, and a great pass protector.
    But we should take him off the field on 3rd downs? why?
    if anything i was pissed at the coaches for not throwing to him more, as that is where he was most effective.
    I would've rather seen Powell a little more on the early downs tho.

And again, enough with this 'play the kids' narrative.
    the 'kids' need to earn their way on the field. Kerley was playing good football early in the year, making clutch 3rd down grabs.
    You don't bench him just because you drafted a mid round rookie (unless that rookie is earning his playing time of course).
    Winning games is not a tired argument, it's the entire point of playing. You don't sacrifice quality for favoritism of draft picks......not if you want the respect of the 53.

FJF likes this.
  3. MurrellMartin

I was fine with Forte on the field for 3rd downs if that's who they wanted out there, because you're right, he can still catch the ball and serves some value there. He no longer serves any value running the ball. None. He's a corpse dragging along.

But to each their own on the young kids vs veterans sentiment. The 2017 season is over.

Bring on 2018.

NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The 2 receivers weren't ready to play yet. Hansen I think had injuries throughout the off-season and Stewart just wasn't ready yet. At the end of the day, Bowles plays younger players. This is just a conspiracy theory by fans who don't like Bowles.

LF911SC likes this.
  5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So is his 20-28 record with the Jets.. Fake news! We all know Bowles is 28-20 with several back to back playoff appearances.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

You're defense that you know the game cements the idea that you don't. Every position on the field isn't going to be maned by kids. Only a fan with no idea about football would say that.

Did I ask for a parade? Your panties are twisted because you wanted them to tank. Never was going to happen shouldn't have happened. Or are so lost that you think a HC would play Hack after he sucked beyond belief in the person. Why? So you can blame Bowles or whoever for the team sicking? Another indication that you don't get the game. Because you and the rest of the tank fans just don't get the importance of teaching players to win. You think players don't give a shit, they're losers like fans who don't get what 0-16 says. No parade, reality.

Now instead of you trolling, being really confused over football talk and not recognizing it, stop responding right after you find me making excuses for Bowles

7. 101GangGreen101

GM should acquire an actual qb. This will help.

FJF likes this.
  8. Cman68

The new Owner could acquire an actual GM. This will help too.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. MurrellMartin

Yes, I'm a troll who knows nothing about football because I wanted the young RB and young WR's to see the field in a rebuilding season. Man, I know nothing! This is where I stop debating with people like you who think they know everything but are talking out of their ass. Carry on with your day. Enjoy the remainder of the Bowles tenure. Sure it will be just as fun as the last three years have been for you and just as mind numbing as its been for the rest of us.

dogg likes this.
  10. MurrellMartin

Todd Bowles is a great game day decision maker!

11. 101GangGreen101

We technically have a new owner ;)

We might not need a new GM or HC. Not if they have a plan.

FJF likes this.
  12. Cman68

and therein lies the problem 101... Their plan so far hasn't produced much so you'd think they would tweak it just a bit? :)

Our "new" owner hopefully isn't a redux of our old owner and his rah rah superfan approach frankly scares me. I would have preferred him to be more businesslike but hey, time will tell with Chris if he's more owner or more fan. Its possible to be both but one or the other has to be outfront. I'd like to see and hear a more businesslike approach from Chris on the Jets. A little pressure from the boss usually gets results faster and I don't have another 50years to wait.

13. 101GangGreen101

I think a lot of us would have a different opinion on this regime if they didn't spend that pick on Hack, cause it really showed some flaws. Bowles doesn't want to play him and all of the fans complain. The reality is Hackenberg didn't deserve to play. I think the Jets have some decent weapons and made themselves an attractive destination for a QB wherever that be a rookie or a veteran.

Jets under Bowles for the most part have been pretty competitive, hiccups here and there, some immature decision making, but very much competitive and was in every game this year. It needs major tweaking and IMO that starts with Mac the GM; yet we as fans focus so much energy on bashing Bowles. An upgrade at the QB position, and offensive line and this team will go places. BTW, Bowles will play the player that is actually ready to play, he will not appease the fans. He gave Hack and Petty every opportunity to grab those jobs.

I've heard a lot of positive things about Chris Johnson so far, so we will see how the team does this year. I don't think anyone liked Woody.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...kirk-cousins-and-who-he-should-pick-is-clear/

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sign this guy up as a coach. He really knows how to mentor, teach and keep guys in check.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

♫ For the best night's sleep in the whole wide world visit my pillow dot com. ♫ . .You woke up to post that at 8:00 a.m.?

on-topic: guess who wants back in? . Johnny Football. . Watch the Jets draft Mayfield, then have Woody tell his brother to take a flyer on Manziel (to steal some of the Yankee thunder off the tabloid back pages) with McCown mentoring the two 'Smurfs' - 2018 Jets Training Camp: . ESPN/NFLN must-watch circus

and just to stir the pot . : ) . check out Johnny's "feel" for the game in the short video below...is he Baker Mayfield 2.0 or is Mayfield Johnny Football 2.0? v v v v

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...anziel-to-return-to-football-in-spring-league

#75 joe, Feb 15, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  16. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

No, you're a troll because no matter how many people, no matter how many times tells you that sometimes the vet is the better player so he'll get playing time you carry on that the inferior kid should play because we suck and there is no difference between 0 wins or 5. And just to add more nonsense to troll, you keep bringing up Bowles, as if I said a word about him. So yes, you are a know nothing who is trolling

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'm here for this. I would love Michel round 2.

18. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The GM used the old Jets scouting staff (Bradway) to pick Petty. He used is hand picked scouting staff to pick Hack in round 2.

Petty is shit.

Hack is a heaping pile of shit.

It doesn't say much about our GM that his hand picked staff assessed Hack and assessed him for round 2 when the rest of the league had him in round 4 at best. This is the GM and staff that whiffed on Dak when it was reported the Jets were all in on assessing him, passed on Watson and Mahomes. What has he done to show he remotely has a clue how to assess and pick a QB?

Given his track record I'd rather he sign a vet like Cousins than screw the pooch yet again picking the wrong QB. At least with a vet there is a body of work at the NFL level.

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. The Jets were a rebuilding team, and the focus should have been on developing their young players and seeing who could help them going forward rather than playing older vets who weren't going to be on the team in 2018. That's particularly true of Forté who is slow as shit at this point and done. As far as the players go and what they think/want, fuck them. They are getting paid very well to do what they're told. If we had a coach with any backbone or balls, he would command their respect and trust with his coaching and leadership.

MurrellMartin likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

[​IMG]