Come along everybody, witness the worst mock draft ever!

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

boozer32 likes this.
  2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Absolutely stupid lol. I just saw a graphic from the NFL social media:

Barkley is faster than Devin Hester in the 40, stronger than Joe Thomas in the bench, better ups than Julio in the vertical, and faster than DeSean Jackson in the 10 yard split. He is a lock top 4 pick.

#2 Martin&theJETS, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. Ozymandias

But did you see the guy with a heart condition going 3rd overall? Lmao

4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

PFF is cringeworthy at times.

This mockery gives a whole new meaning to "mock" draft.

#4 Sam Hammer, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Yes lol. Someone that had to leave the combine. Im beginning to think everyone is putting out mocks just for clicks.

6. Ozymandias

If it played that way and we passed on Barkley, I would never forgive this franchise.

7. GWjet

GWjet Well-Known Member

Wow I guess Chubb Barkley and Nelson all had terrible combines and hurt thier stock tremendously

8. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Then again, I saw another really bad mock draft on cbssports that had the Giants trading with the Browns for the #1 overall and drafting Josh Allen. I guess you never know, but I can't see that or this one as even remotely realistic.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

AHAHAHAHAH

101Ganggreen will be ecstatic we got LamarJ

Ozymandias, boozer32 and RubenDias like this.
  10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Baaahahahahaahhaaa

That is absolutely the worst mock draft of all time! Who got paid to make that?

11. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Wish that I could get my click back. It’s not even silly because of trades; it’s the valuation that’s incorrect.

12. abc

abc Well-Known Member

Combine numbers are nice but they Don't translate to on the field play... with those combine numbers Barkley should have been rushing for over 2,000 yards a season... he wasn't even close... he didn't even lead the nation in rushing in fact he wasn't even in the Top 25... not saying someone won't draft him high but I wouldn't... For me, I'd choose the NCAA Leading Rusher Rashaad Penny, he can catch, run and return kicks... most importantly he has shown Production On the Playing field.. as well as the combine... Like I said, combine numbers are nice but they Don't translate to on the field play...

ps- I want ZERO to do with Lamar Jackson.

#12 abc, Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Josh Allen 28th, Saquon 7th, hahahaha

14. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

That was actually pretty funny , but i think 6th is not so bad since his ceiling is probably Julio Jones.

15. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I would be quite happy with Penny, as he would be a nice consolation prize. He's probably my 3rd or 4th choice, however. Supposedly, he only has one gear, and won't be able to score from anywhere on the field in the NFL like he did in college. He's also an upright runner, so is likely to take a lot of big shots in the NFL, and could stay nicked up, which would limit his effectiveness. He only started one year and so should have a lot tread left on his tires, and he does have a solid build, so that should help. The lack of experience could be an issue as could his ability to pick up blitzers in pass protection, so he may not be able to start day one or may have to come off the field in passing downs. I haven't seen anything about his blocking ability, so can't say for certain about that.

I agree regarding Barkley. With his being a Jets fan growing up, it would be a nice story, and he is a great player, but imo the Jets have to get a QB with their 1st pick. The only way I'd take Barkley is if Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold were all taken before the Jets get their pick (they failed to trade up), I had decided against Allen and Jackson, and Barkley fell to #6. Even then, I might opt to take the best pass rusher available or trade down a little if the offers were good enough and take the best pass rusher.

I don't think there's that much difference between Barkley and Michel, Guice and Penny. Beyond them are Chubb, Royce Freeman, Ronadl Jones II, Kerryon Johnson and others who are probably starting caliber RBs in the NFL.

As far as Penny's returning Kickoffs, maybe his rookie season. After that, there's no way you want to risk your starting RB or tire his legs returning kicks. You get a backup WR, CB, or RB to do that.

#16 NCJetsfan, Mar 9, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    abc likes this.
  17. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I like Penny. And yes I also want nothing to do with Jackson. Wasn't there a stroy out recently that he said if the Jets drafted him, he would ask for a trade?

abc likes this.
  18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hell yeah I would. The combine changes nothing in terms of my perspective. Tape never lies.

I even get shutouts by users that put me on ignore lol.

Btw this mock is pretty bad in terms of the other picks, but would gladly take Lj and Penny