Combine surprises

Discussion in 'Draft' started by njjets93, Feb 23, 2018.

1. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

I have posted before about Coutee as an undervalued prospect but my surprise combine beast will be his teammate Dylan Cantrell. The kid is big, fast, strong, athletic ,good hands, and good production at Tech. He is also an outstanding blocker. He is like 6'3' 225 runs around 4.4 /4.5 40 inch vert. Just a very good athlete. Worth a look after the 3rd. round. Was HS and college teammate with Mahomes.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Lamar Jackson is going to steal the show. The combine will make him a top 10 pick

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

good receiver but i prefer calvin ridley myself

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

blackssmagic, Mogriffjr, abc and 2 others like this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He could be a receiver if he wanted too... he’s too talented too consider it though...

He’s going to sky rocket because of tge combine. In shorts he’s going to destroy the combine. He’s a bigger better version of RG3 and look what the Redskins paid for him.... I don’t think a team is dumb enough to ever do that again but I think Lamar can climb into the top 10

6. nicg4360

nicg4360 Well-Known Member

Let's hope top 5...so other QBs drop to us. Yea yea I know ridiculous but one can hope.

Rockinz likes this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He's gonna test out of this world on the combine stuff but if he throws, he's going to need to kill it, or else there will be more noise about a potential move to WR.

8. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

Nice to see that Schrager on Good Morning Football today named Dylan Cantrell as his Cooper Kupp of this year. He pointed out the freakish athlete Cantrell is. He said his value will shoot up after combine.. 3rd - 4th round. He has several videos online catching footballs when doing a back flip, and dunking basketballs.. He don't have a highlight video but he should. He was very productive at Texas Tech.

LOl maybe Schrager is following our posts on Gang Green.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morn...r-Dylan-Cantrell-will-be-the-next-Cooper-Kupp

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Being honest here i watched today luke faulk and lamar jackson , and i must say lamar jackson in my opinion is a better passer then luke faulk and what i was most impressed was that he looks to throw when under pressure his runs are mostly designed runs not out of panic.

10. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

More on Cantrell

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Orlando Brown working himself out of the 1st rd after unimpressive bench press and now posting one of the slowest 40s ever.

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah, no bueno. He looks out of shape and is moving terribly. He had a lot of bounce in his tits. Not a good look for him.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Not really worried about how fast he can run, the question is how quickly is he able to move his feet as a LT, if he's too dependent on arms and does not improve his footwork, then it would definitely be a concern.

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Brown looks soft as fuck.

Harpua likes this.
  15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Ronald Jones III pulled up lame in 40 try.

16. njjets93

njjets93 Active Member

Can any of you guys think of a player in the past that came into the combine as a pretty sure bet to be a first round pick, and lose as much ground as Brown. He may have fallen to third round. Very poor showing. The Pitt OL , O'Neill helping himself out. He should climb the draft board.. Barkley bigger , faster , better than I thought.. If he fell to 6 (I know it won't happen) I would run to podium with his card.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Game film is more important than the Combine...what they did against other teams in game time

Otherwise it's just a track and Field meet

The interviews could be interesting as well as the medical reports I guess

abc and westiedog1 like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

True, but the Combine is an important step in how teams perceive him. If he isn't motivated and in good shape now, what would he be like after he signs a contract? Only 14 reps is awful. While the 40 time isn't all that important, it still is an indicator of how out of shape he is and cast some serious doubt/concerns about his attitude.

I don't see him as an LT anyway. I see him as a RT. I would interview him and his coaches, and if this is totally out of the norm for him I might take a chance on him if he fell to the 2nd or 3rd round; otherwise, I wouldn't consider him until a lower round if he fell that far.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. abc

abc Well-Known Member

So would I & I'd draft Mayfield with that pick... I would then look to draft Penny in the 3td.

20. abc

abc Well-Known Member

It's like the coach always says... you all look like allstars until the pads go on.

NYJetsO12 likes this.