Combine report....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Trey Ko, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

Basically. clearly the best wr prospect the last 10 years

2. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

well even charles rogers was an incredible prospect in 2003 but that doesnt mean that much. if i had to draft a WR with the 1st ovr pick i would take randy moss, andre johnson and torry holt over calvin johnson. then i'd take him over guys like roy williams, fitzgerald and braylon edwards (who sucks right now but he was incredible in college)

3. Pride

Pride New Member

Braylon is pretty good, he just has a horrible QB and a retarded o-coordinator. He is top 15 i believe in YPC. Calvin Johnson is the best wr prospect not player the last ten yeras. He has all the tools plus has no baggage

4. JetsLookingforDWare

I love CJ, but I have a hard time liking a WR prospect more than Moss/Andre Johnson. Those two guys were unbelievable prospects.

He's like this close though. An amazing prospect in his own right.

5. Pride

Pride New Member

I put CJ above moss b/c he didnt have the baggage the moss had, johnson was good but never as dominant as cj. Calvin Johnson has basically had a WR throw him the ball for 3 years. Reggie Ball is attrocious

6. JetsLookingforDWare

Good points. Very good points...

You actually made me feel like I underrated a guy I consider a top 5 WR prospect in the past 10 years. Theres a VERY strong argument he may be THE best.

7. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

You must not be thinking of the same receiver from GT who took over games.

8. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

baggage has nothing to do with talant moss is hands down the most gifted wr in the last 20 yrs. moss over cj.. and the only i change on that is if cj comes out ad have 17 tds and dominates the league like moss dd his 1st 2 years.

9. Pride

Pride New Member

Isnt that a little unfair. CJ will probably going to the Bucs, Moss went to the vikes w/ Cunningham, and Carter. Baggage has to play a factor into pro prospect. He got rejected from FSU n ND because of his act

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Of course it does, there is a reason Moss wasn't drafted in the top 20 & CJ will be top 5.. CJ is the best WR prospect of at least the last 10 years.

11. DaBallhawk

i didnt say hes a horrible wr, i didnt say hes slow or anything like that.i said he was nowhere near as fast as guys like ted ginn or josh wilson and i really didnt see him using his 45inch vertical that often. fitzgerald was way better than CJ when it comes to fighting for a ball in the air. like i said, CJ is more of a 4.45-4.50 kind of WR to me

#31 DaBallhawk, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  12. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Calvin may be slightly worse than Larry Fitz but, even if that's the case, it's only very slightly. I would still take a slightly worse Larry Fitz in a second.

13. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

draft status means nothing.. eveyone knew moss was the best recievers in that draft. the way he dominated there has never been a wr to do what moss has done his 1st 5 seasons.. not even jerry rice.

14. Pride

Pride New Member

prospects has nothing to do w/ what you do in the NFL. Its your evaluation grade before the draft

15. Tight

Tight Active Member

I was looking through this voice, and the last post had to the voice of reason. I dont think people realize the kind of numbers this guy was putting up, he was on pace to ABOLOISH rices records.

16. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i cant believe theres so much buzz around that WR from Tenn, and the jets taking him in the first round!

btw, are the bills really gonna let willis hit FA? did the franchise tag deadline pass yet? if not, then i bet they tag him. they cant afford to lose him, especially after the progress JP showed toward the end of the season.

17. DaBallhawk

lol nah, mcgahee is still under contract. he will be a free agent in 08 though

18. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I absolutely agree. However, what exactly is he doing now? The guy's a cancer and has done NOTHING since he's been on Oakland. I agree 100% that talent-wise, Moss is the most talented reciever to come out in the past 20 years and may be, in fact, the most talented to ever put on a uniform. As a prospect, however, CJ is right up there with his because of his lack of baggage. In 7 years, I could guarantee you that CJ will still be playing his heart out even if he's one the equivalent of the 2004-2006 Raiders.

So in the end, anthough you get probably the best quality years with Moss, you probably get a higher quantity of excellent years from CJ. If they both came out at the same time, most teams would probably flip a coin to decide who's better.

For the record, Iho hate selfish bastards like Moss so maybe I'm a little biased, but I hate to see talent like his go to waste.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I read he was wanting out, and he is on the trade block, and If you are talking about Meachem, I believe he is a very well rounded stud. My 2 cents.

20. Pride

Pride New Member

I want someone to quote me in their sig now. Are you ready? OK. Calvin Johnson in 3-5 years will be the best WR in football. I love this guy , I fear at nights that the Pats will trade their 2 1's n 2 to get this guy