Combine report live from Indy....

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Trey Ko, Feb 23, 2007.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

ignore me dude. youre fucking up the thread also.:)

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

An interesting post in a thread about the Combine

3. Beamen

Beamen New Member

Guys, please bicker elsewhere... I'm really interested in these reports, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to sift through your crap to see the reports!

4. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

Adrian Peterson was just on the podium. He talked about possibly going to Cleveland and giving them back the running tradition that they used to have.
    He was asked about his injuries and missed opportnities (Heisman, #1 pick, National Championship) and was asked did he have any regrets. He said that he has no regrets, but he did acknowedge the missed opportunities.

The strange case for me was how he was asked about did he have any regrets????? How could he have any regrets when he could not come out last season anyway because of being a true sophomore???

If he came back for his senior season and had misfortune, then you could have asked about regrets, do you all agree?

5. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Did they mean regrets that in your two years in college you didn't win the Heisman, a championship etc?

6. baamf

baamf Active Member

:smile: Marcus is one of Trey's boys who he has been hyping. Now if it wasn't for his drug suspensions and other discipline issues the kid has some talent. Him not running is not good for someone trying to rebuild their reputation....

7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Just saw the interview on NFLNW. Maybe the reporter was making a weak attempt to bring up the shoulder injury when Peterson dove into the end zone as a celebration? That could have cost him the Heisman.

I thought he missed a chance to talk about his work ethic and character when they asked him if he had anything to prove at the combine. He talked about drills... I think he should have said something about interviewing and making an impression, but not a big deal.

8. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

Just drug suspensions, there were no other issues.

9. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

Nah, those were the missed opportunities.......

10. jonnyd

I hear ya bro...Im gettin killed in this thread so Im on my best behaviour now.....but on a sidenote...I think its perfectly legit to call 90% of the combine bullshit in a combine thread.

11. jonnyd

and what did peterson have to say about the injury?

12. baamf

baamf Active Member

Didn't he screw with the terms of his reinstatement?

Just dug this up on the web

He was formerly part of the University of Florida football team until November 2006 when he was kicked off the team for violating the terms of his reinstatement from a drug suspension. He missed curfew, went on an unapproved out of town trip, and skipped a mandatory drug counseling session.

Doesn't sound like someone I would throw a ton of money at personally....

13. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

I had just run into Lorenzo Booker; he's cool, I have been watching him since high school and throughout college. I'm friends with his mom and I was very glad to see him here.

I also had seen Tyrone Moss from the "U". There were not many people interested in speaking with him.

Romance Taylor RB Texas had a large group around him; they were busy grilling him about his off the field situation and forced him to explain himself, which he did. He said that his lawyer advised him to cop a plea because he did not think that he was going to get a fair trial. I thought it was good advice, when all of the evidence was against him, including his DNA from a cut he had on his finger!! Hmmmmmm.

Brian Leonard looked very trim too.

14. JetsLookingforDWare

Again, what is with people being so judgemental?

What if you sat and had a conversation with him and he blew you away? What if he talked intelligently about how the past was the past and he had learned and matured from it?

But you're right, newspaper clippings are the best way to judge character.

I realize fans only have sooo much info, but it's ridiculous how the Jets "character" thing has turned some fans into experts in character analysis via all the bad things a guy has done and had put in the papers.

15. baamf

baamf Active Member

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, chances are it's a duck....

16. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

All good points but then you look at guys like Michael Vick, Pacman Jones, and others who got in trouble in college and are now continuing to get in trouble in the NFL and are jeopardizing their teams' chances for success.

17. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

It was Marcus Vick who had gotten into trouble at school, not Michael; on the other end, Lavaraunus Coles was a bad guy in college too and look at him now!! Have not heard a peep out of him since he's been a pro!

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

After watching the Bengals ignore the character issues has made some teams pay much more attention to making sure they draft young men that will stay out of trouble. It sounds cold, but these teams make an investment in these kids, and it's still a business. I would not buy stock in a company that has had questionable accounting practices in their past, and yeah, it's sort of the same thing.... commonly called a red flag.

Some guys just don't get it, lest I mention Pacman Jones and half the entire Bengals roster. Some kids straighten out, some don't. The ones that have a history of getting in trouble makes them a riskier investment.

19. Trey Ko

Trey Ko New Member

It looks like that's it for now folks. I'm going to go out on the town and have a lil fun now. I'll catch you all later. If something jumps off sooner, I'll let you know then.

20. JetsLookingforDWare

Turning to the Bengals and saying "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS" is poor. What about the many other teams in history with playerS with criminal histories?

One team is enough to come to the conclusion definitively?

And even then, why would you shy away from ALL those guys? The Bengals are an extreme team that took risks on many guys. Would one guy kill us?

And thats not even ignoring that if the Bengals have any kind of defense next year...they should be a top team in the AFC again.