Clueless Organization

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 1, 2017.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Shhhh. Can't say that here ..... Lol

hornblower likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Glad I picked the right time to defend Bowles. But don't worry @HomeoftheJets, he'll be back in the doghouse soon enough and you'll get to do it all over again. :cool:

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  3. TonyFtLaud

How can you possibly defend Bowles?
    The team was supposed to go 0-16 and has selfishly won 4 games.
    The team is unified after back to back heartbreaking losses and came out and dominiated the Bills.
    The Defensive plan was excellent.
    The players are motivated and , even worse, playing hard....
    Bowles should have been fired right after the game tonight.
    His selfish attitude is something the Jets don't need. Winning :mad:
    What successful franchise would ever hire a coach who tries to WIN.........
    We have to hire an offensive minded HC who will do everything to lose every game for the next 10 years so we can get the first pick in every draft.
    I am starting a go fund me page right after this post to raise money to fly Fire Bowles banners over every practice...o_O

MoWilkBeast, pdxdrew and Royal Tee like this.
  4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Nice sarcasm but man Bowles moving forward, really ?

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO if Bowles brain was in a bird that bird would fly backwards:mad:

6. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

I'm not the biggest Bowles fan but there's no way he gets fired after tbis year the way the season is going. Bowles and Macc are building something right now. You can see the pieces are in place. If they can get a QB like Alex Smith or Kirk Cousins for next year and a wide out, with Quincy coming back, watch out.

Yorkshire Jet, MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  7. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

8. TonyFtLaud

I don't like Bowles.
    But you can't deny the job he has done so far this season with the lack of talent on the roster.
    He has assembled a very good staff and has the team playing well , focused and for each other.
    I don't know if he will continue to improve or if he will regress but I think he will be back next season.
    What realistic candidates are likely to be available? Another first time coach?
    Or a rethread who gets fired this season for doing less than Bowles with more talent .
    Of course we could do what many here suggest and back up into Grudens drive way with a truck full of money and hire the guy who inherited a SB roster and ran it into the ground.
    We can also promote Morton , the guy who was so slow to get the plays in that Bowles had to burn TOs several times. The same guy who called the pass play to hand Miami the win.
    Again, I'm not a fan of Bowles but in my opinion, he has earned the chance to coach next season.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  9. TonyFtLaud

Cousins has some upside , he would be expensive but should be able to play another 5 -6 years, possibly longer.
    Smith I believe is going to be 34 or 35 next season and the Chiefs are likely to try to trade him if and only if they feel Mahomes is ready to start. He is not a FA until 2019 and has been playing very well this season.

10. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And the team has been leading the game going into the fourth quarter in the last 7 games. I didn't think they would hold leads at any point in games that many times this year, and I doubt many others did either. Has he made mistakes? Sure. Have we failed to hold onto all those leads? Yep. Does he still make me want to throw things at the TV? Definitely, but not as often. Has he got the team prepared and vastly exceeding my expectations? Hell yes, pretty much every game - the Raiders game being pretty much about where I thought the team would be all season.

If they keep playing anywhere near this level, especially if they manage to pick up another win or two, there's no doubt he will be back.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Bowles is doing a good job this year. Young team learning how to close games out. Should have beaten Miami in Miami and then lost to the 2 Superbowl teams in close games, where things could have gone our way. Last night to show up the Bills for what they are was just fun. Beat the Bucs and get to 500 and then who knows........... probably nothing I know but I can dream!
    Based on this year you have to give Bowles a chance with a decent QB. Personally I would just trade whatever to get the right man. We have a young team now so go get the right guy. Cousins? McCarron? move up in the draft? We shall see.
    Overall this season is a lot more fun over here in the UK than it could have been. We are competitive, other teams aren't as good as they thought (Miami, Raiders, Broncos) and it's good to see young players coming good like Anderson and Seferin-Jenkins. Lets win as many as we can, get this young team bouncing then bring in Cousins to lead us the rest of the way. Go Jets.

12. TonyFtLaud

If they keep playing at this level , especially if the D can play like last night , they are going to Finnish 500 or better.
    I just posted our schedule going forward is not as formidable as it looked a few weeks back.