Class action lawsuit-good news jet fans

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FJF, Jan 23, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If this wins just imagine what we should get .

jilozzo, Sam Hammer, CBG and 2 others like this.
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Someone already lost theirs against the JETS

3. Class action against the cheaters coming up next baby!

I know acouple jet fans tried after spygate but that was a different world than now.

dcinct likes this.
  4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

It's ain't over until the fat lady sings. It's on appeal.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

It will lose. There have been bad calls in many playoff games. Maybe none of them this bad, but Saints fans can't blame the refs for the abysmal play calling on the goal line, nor for the terrible OT interception on Brees that he should have never thrown, and subsequent failure to stop them getting into FG range.

The Saints could have easily still won that game.

And like you say, the Saints fans are up in arms over this one call, while the Jets have been on the receiving end of calls like this for the last decade+. We are way more traumatized.

#5 Sam Hammer, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  6. jetophile

Nickell Robey-Coleman has been fined $26,739 for the helmet on helmet hit on Tommylee Lewis. Eric Smith was fined $50K for the horrific sandwich hit with him and Kerry Rhodes on Anquan Boldin and suspended one game. That was was a terrifying moment, I'll never forget it; and I'm not saying Smith shouldn't have been fined even though it was momentum and was not purposeful, but what's wrong with this picture. Anyway . . .

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...fined-helmet-helmet-hit-vs-new-orleans-saints

They should fine the refs when they blatantly get something wrong. On purpose. Goodell can't run from this one. Something's got to give. My guess is that penalties and non-calls will become reviewable.

7. jetophile

There was a helmet to helmet on Sam this season and not only no RTP, no fine. I said it in another thread, but I agree, it was the Saints game to lose with some idiotic decisions by Payton aside from the horrid no-call, but even still, when a game hinges on one play that it is truly game changing, that shit has to go. Teams have to play like the refs are the 12th man on the field at all times.

Sam Hammer likes this.
  8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wow reads like a divorce petition. LOL

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

true.....but imagine if the jets were in a similar position at met life. I'm not sure any of us would be so accepting. we'd be rioting in the streets.

something certainly has to be done. players are faster, plays are more complex, and technology is omnipresent.

all penalties that could result in a first down should be reviewed. these are the ones that extend drives and directly influence outcomes.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I feel like they should have an upstairs ref that is reviewing every play and if he sees something the other guys don't, he should buzz down for a flag or overrule the refs on the field if need be. That would keep them accurate most of the time without stopping the game. Reviewing all 1st down penalties would be too much stoppage in the game.

The NFL sucks at utilizing technology efficiently.

11. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Bad calls that result in first downs are the worst, especially when it’s 3 and long and a ticky tack call having nothing to do with the play extends a drive.

The fake roughing the passer call on Brady last week was awful.

Ralebird likes this.