Cimini: McCagnan doesnt view Mayfield as top 3 pick

Discussion in 'Draft' started by JethroTull, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Could Baker Mayfield be the Jets version of Kristaps Porzingis?

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

How many threads about Mayfield is the OP gonna start?

legler82 likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

obvious troll is obvious

xxedge72x and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Baker is 6'1. He's not as short as everyone makes him out to be.

Walt White and westiedog1 like this.
  6. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

5 reason why JethroTull should only be allowed to create one thread a month....

Harpua and Noam like this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I still love Baker, but while watching “Behind Baker” I was a little turned off by how much he was worried about his brand and signing with Nike. These don’t make him a bad QB prospect, but it is just kind meh.

8. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Yeah, I've been watching that too and it is making me like him less. I was hoping for Hard Knocks and instead it is like a buddy using a camera phone to show him in some business situations. Blah

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Mayfield is the type of QB that if you pass him over for the traditional types like Allen he will end up beating you in the 4th qtr playing for some OTHER team ...I am that confident it could happen

There are other factors and variables why your so called spread/ shorter QBs don't make it but don't see that..sorry

10. xxedge72x

phubbadaman, FJF and Noam like this.
  11. PennyandtheJets

Like I said, it doesn't make him a bad prospect, but it just kind of rubs me the wrong way. Would rather see him training his ass off, talking with his parents, or visiting old coaches or something like that. I could care less what his brand looks like or that he wore Adidas cleats at the combine to pressure Nike to signing him.

FJF and xxedge72x like this.
  12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

If we draft Mayfield, or any QB, how long will it be until Cimini starts attacking our new QB. Interestingly he takes two attacks in that article. One on Mayfield's ego and another on Rosen upsetting football people with his personality issues. I guess I will be scared when Cimini actually likes our QB.

xxedge72x likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So right now there are people who don’t want rosen because of 2 concussions and they are worried about this commitment to the game. Meanwhile the one they want instead has also had 2 concussions and is busy worried about building his brand
    People are awesome .

14. PennyandtheJets

Mayfield's injuries are different than Rosen's though. Rosen missed many games. Mayfield didn't.

15. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

There will be a stream of re-posts as "sources" of anything negative about who is picked so he doesn't have to put his name on it. They're all doing that now and it creates narratives that become facts to people.

Noam likes this.
  16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't like Cimini but his unnamed sources are often correct. So far we have seen 2 NFL insiders plus Cimini's 2 sources stating that Rosen's personality is not doing hum any favors. Combine that with the evidence we see from Rosen's poorly handled ESPN interview and it's hard not to come to the conclusion that where there is smoke there is fire and that Rosen has some severe personality and maturity issues that is causing teams to possibly take him off their boards.

17. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That one is tough for me to gauge. We'll find out on draft night. I do think that he rebounded a little with his recent comment to Siciliano on NFL. Maybe he had to learn a tough lesson about how people are perceiving him? The flippant goof ball stuff doesn't work all the time. What happened in team meetings will show on draft night I guess. But if we take Mayfield and Rosen goes right after that's gonna make it even more fun for Cimini, Mehta and the rest

Noam likes this.
  18. xxedge72x

Mayfield went through concussion protocol against TCU on Nov 21, 2015 after taking a cheap shot:

https://tailgaterivals.com/tailgate...t-ejected-for-targeting-ou-qb-baker-mayfield/

Ty Summers, who delivered the cheap shot, was ejected for targeting. I believe this is why Mayfield was acting out and throwing footballs at players heads against TCU in 2017. Mayfield definitely carries grudges and needs to get that under control in the NFL, because if he can't, teams will take advantage of this and Mayfield won't last.

Mayfield only missed the 2nd half of that TCU game in 2015.

He also went through the concussion protocol after the Orange Bowl loss to Clemson.

Rosen's first concussion was on October 28, 2017 vs. Washington, which was the toughest defense Rosen has faced in his collegiate career. The concussion caused him to miss most of the 2nd half as well as the following week vs Utah as well.

Rosen was concussed for the second time on November 24, and missed the 2nd half of that game. He then missed the Cactus Bowl the following week.

On October 8 2016, Rosen also sustained a shoulder injury that knocked him out for the remainder of the 2016 damage.

As much as Rosen fans defiantly fire back at Mayfield fans that Mayfield, too, has suffered concussions, he has missed a grand total of 2 quarters because of them.

Rosen has missed nearly 3 full games (1.5 + 1.5), including a bowl game, to concussion as opposed to the half a game Mayfield missed. Rosen has also done this two years more recently, and had a season ending injury the year prior as well.

THIS is why Rosen's injuries and concussions are a topic, while Mayfield's is quiet, except for those who point out in Rosen's defense. They are recent, and they caused him to miss significant moments in UCLA's seasons.

As far as Mayfield, I am more concerned about him holding a grudge for 2+ seasons against TCU (besides the targeting, he has also identified TCU as having broken promises to him and the reason he hates Texas football, despite being a Texas native, he felt personally betrayed by Gary Patterson). His reasons for having a grudge are legitimate, but he can not allow that to bleed into his game. Just won't work at this level. Being a fan of him the way I am, I hope he gets this.