Christopher Johnson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by hwismer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm liking the idea of bringing Todd Haley back here. I know he sort of imploded with the Chiefs but he did get them to the playoffs with Matt Cassell.

Cassell also had a career year with 3,116 yards, 27 TD/7 INT on 58.2%. They had one of the best rushing attacks that year too.

He's coached with Roethlisberger for the past 7 seasons or so and completely changed the offense to the point where they were bumping heads early on. He's had the best years of his career with Haley and have moved from a play action offense to the more spread look they run now.

He also maximizes his best players (what Bowles doesn't do) and has fit the offense to Ben, Bell and Brown's best attributes.

He's a fiery guy that doesn't really take any bullshit and is also a disciple of Parcells. Anyone who learned under Parcells is ok by me. Sean Payton, Saban, Jim Fassel and Belichick all come
    from Parcells free.. just saying..

#41 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 21, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    egelband, HomeoftheJets and boozer32 like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Scott Linehan deserves a look as well. Everyone is quick to give Jason Garrett all of the credit for Dallas' success last year and minimize Linehan's involvement.

He also got a raw deal in St. Louis getting the back end years of the Greatest Show on Turf without Kurt Warner in what really was the oldest show on turf.

He also helped revitalize Daunte Culpepper's career after two shitty years following his first year starting, Culpepper had his best two years with Linehan before he moved on and the wheels fell off for Culpepper.

grkmanga31 and boozer32 like this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I'm still 99% sure Quinn would have chosen Atlanta over the Jets and the Jets knew it. That is why they went ahead and hired Bowles. Why I am so sure is I would have chosen Atlanta too. :oops::D

FJF likes this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I think privately we all would have taken the ATL job.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

He has a great eye for talent. Someone else posted his resume, and it is long and impressive. He helped build the Packers and the Chiefs. Reading the articles, his management style, communication issues and lack of organizational skills concern me greatly as a team president, but as a GM I would be less concerned. The Jets could hire a team president to work with him and help with communication, management and organizational issues. Creative types often have issues with being disorganzed. The main thing the Jets needs is someone to build the team with the right talent. I almost wish he could be brought in as Head of Scouting and Personnel, but know that wouldn't be good enough, and he'd probably not want to work under another GM, but perhaps he would.

egelband likes this.
  6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would sign up with any of those guys. Linehan got a rookie 4 round pick up and running and deep into the playoffs. We are on year 2 of the Hackenberg experiment, and they were all thrilled in preseason when he completed a 5 yard pass in training camp. 5 yards!

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i just need to know if brother christopher is going to be wearing the same fucking hat like ambassador woody....LOL

8. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Yes . I'd like to imagine woody ceremoniously removing the hat and placing it on his brothers head then whispering "give em hell kid".

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's the passing on Quinn that pisses me off the most..they couldn't wait one week to see if Seattle moved on or not. Hell Quinn was also a NJ native..did they really think he wouldn't want the job?

boozer32 likes this.
  10. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

Coach a team that makes the playoffs or coach a team that makes people laugh when they read the back page of the post ?... we had no chance landing Quinn

FJF likes this.
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You guys are so funny. Jets and Atlanta were gonna get Bowles and Quinn. All the reports at the time were Atlanta was gonna hire Bowles if the Jets didn’t hire him first, which left Quinn for Atlanta. If Atlanta hired Bowles first Jets would’ve hired Quinn.

Sure it didn’t work out but let’s not revise history.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

That's how I remember it going down too..

13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

Good point . I just read the entire thread then try to contribute something witty after I'm done

14. Attackett

It’s 100% the way it went down, if Blank’s mother didn’t pass away during that time they might’ve hired Bowles and we would’ve hired Quinn and who knows what would’ve happened then.

Two things I don’t understand, one with Jets fans and one with Jets. First, the reality with the Jets is bad enough why do Jets fans need to always make it seem even worse than it actually is, which is pretty damn bad in and of itself.

Now with the Jets, them and Atlanta were both pretty much in the same spot at the time only opposite. Falcons had a good offense and horrible defense while the Jets had a good defense and horrible offense. The Falcons recognized that and set out to hire a defensive minded HC and we have all seen the results. I guess the Jets did not recognize this and hired a defensive coach and guess what? The offense is still horrible. Only now the defense is also horrible because the defensive coach they hired is horrible.

15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Blank Arthur is 5x the owner Woody Johnson is, I am shocked Bowles took this job. He did after all cancel his 2nd meeting with the Falcons

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I disagree with @Rextasy. I think Quinn had his choice and went with Atlanta. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. The Falcons had Matt Ryan, the Jets had Geno. Easy pick. The Jets wanted Quinn, but were informed he was going with Atlanta most likely, so they hired Bowles instead of letting him go elsewhere as they liked him too. That is the logical theory. Quinn was the #1 prospect, not Bowles. The way you say it makes the Jets look worse.

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is more likely than not. Having the QB on hand makes a big difference in a competition for a head coach.

18. Attackett

We’ll never know the real story because the Jets didn’t want to wait for Seahawks to lose and hired Bowles before Atlanta got a chance to bring Him back for a 2nd interview. It was likely that Quinn wouldn’t have a chance to choose between Atlanta and the Jets and would’ve went to whichever didn’t hire Bowles.

Easy to say now it was a bad decision, wasn’t so easy at the time.

19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I too think that is how it went down. Matt Ryan was the deciding factor. You have a stud QB it's much easier to fine-tune the rest of the team.

20. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

I think this ownership is disinterested for the most part. And when it is interested, it's not really effective.
    They don't love the team, it seems to me. I prefer Dolan and even the Wilpons to the Johnsons. Wish we had the Maras though. Or the Steinbrenners. But I'm a Jet, Knick, Ranger, Mets fan so my choices are limited. :)